Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.

DrSunshine posted:

Here is a nice offering from the author of Blade of the Immortal: Halcyon Lunch.

It's just a simple man-meets-girl-who-can-eat-anything, man-gets-harassed-by-hooligans, girl-devours-some-hooligans-with-chopsticks-and-then-barfs-them-up-again-in-a-jumbled-Junji-Ito-Like-Mess sort of story.

This was totally crazy. I wish I could read more right now. :( I also just blitzed through Choku! over the last 2 days and that was great too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Having read Voynich Hotel, I looked up things by the same author, such as Nickelodeon.

There's a reason we have the :stonklol: smiley.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Nickelodeon is good. I like the Kopi Luwak chapter a lot.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Nickelodeon is great. Sayman is a consistently good, consistently weird as gently caress mangaka. I need to finish Voynich.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I preferred Nickelodeon to Voynichi Hotel because I feel that Sayman's particular brand of weirdness fits the self-contained story format much better than trying to make it have a long arc. Not that I thought it was bad, but I think I would have enjoyed it more if it was just vignettes about the weird guests and employees instead.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
I guess modern everyday witches are a thing now.

Liking this.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jat7ScoqFOM

Looks like thread favorite Kumamiko is getting animated.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I'm pretty happy about this. I have weird friends who are fine with watching anime but refuse to read anything, so here's my chance.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

RubberLuffy posted:

They picked pretty much the perfect voice for Natsu. This show looks cute as hell, I'm excited to see it! Hopefully it'll be as perfect an adaptation as the Seki-Kun anime was.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Brand new Flying Witch: contains a couple color pages and very little witchcraft

http://bato.to/read/_/350506/flying-witch_ch20_by_display-none

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The chilliest manga. The anime can't come soon enough.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
I want that cookie recipe. Halloween's coming up, and those would be perfect!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Apparently the black kitty has white eyebrows :3:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Apparently the black kitty has white eyebrows :3:

:ssh: they're cherry blossom petals

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

a kitten posted:

:ssh: they're cherry blossom petals

Shucks. Still cute.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Two new chapters of Dedededededede released.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

RubberLuffy posted:

Suddenly, my day got awesome.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Breadmaster posted:

I want that cookie recipe. Halloween's coming up, and those would be perfect!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/witch-finger-cookies.html

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Can anyone remember some collection of short stories where one was a guy who got a book from the future, full of pictures of girls he could date instead of his lovely girlfriend. Then when he goes to break up with her, he decides not to spontaneously and the picture book was all pictures of her at various stages of life after they got married

I think it was posted here or old surreal daily life thread

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
You want Terrarium in Drawer! It is super great.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Squidster posted:

:yeah:

Thanks!! there are a bunch of those collections and i couldn't remember which one it was and i don't have access to a compy to help search right now

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Squidster posted:

Finally blew through this this evening after having it bookmarked for months, fav story ended up being 23, with 26 in a close second.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Hey you guys! I'm gonna just go ahead and post an anime here because I'm the OP!!

At any rate: Milpom.

A surreal stop-motion animated show with some puppets that have the :swoon:-est eyes ever, and they just sort of banter about nothing in particular. And for some reason everyone around town has to wear weird animal masks?? An excellent mixture of equal parts Bratz Dolls meets a heavy dose of :wtc:. Now airing on Crunchyroll!

Here's the Youtube Pilot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71zu9rUyhYA

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Aahh I'm gonna see those things in my nightmares. It's somehow exactly how I would have imagined japanese stop motion if I had ever considered the idea.

But it's... not bad? It's just the right amount of uncanny valley to make the little plotless skits seem interesting.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Pavlov posted:

Aahh I'm gonna see those things in my nightmares. It's somehow exactly how I would have imagined japanese stop motion if I had ever considered the idea.

But it's... not bad? It's just the right amount of uncanny valley to make the little plotless skits seem interesting.

Oh god it's in real life!! :gonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHlss0vCnwo

EDIT: I can't understand them, but they're saying "kawaii" over and over so I suppose it's pretty cute, so I guess I'll watch the episodes as they release them!!

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Oct 27, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New t-rex girl chapter! Almost every single page is fantastic.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/T-REX-na-Kanojo/Vol-002-Ch-018--When-She-s-Got-a-Hold-of-You?id=245658

Edit: forgot the monster girl thread exists but here is good too

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Anyone still reading Kuro? It's being updated like two pages at a time which is driving me nuts, but there's finally a bit of explication on what Kuro is.

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010

chunkles posted:

Anyone still reading Kuro? It's being updated like two pages at a time which is driving me nuts, but there's finally a bit of explication on what Kuro is.

I am! It's a very frustrating update schedule, I'll admit - do you happen to know why it is like it is?

The story is just about interesting enough for me to stay interested, though - there's enough things going on that I want to understand to continue reading through the frustration.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I love Kuro, and need to catch up on it. I think I haven't read any for a good half year.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I wish I'd held off on reading Kuro until it was over.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah Kuro is great but it's so much of a blink-and-you-miss-it with regards to plot developments there's never too much to talk about. Sure will be though once it's finished.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New Pet Demon King. It's flashback tiiiiiime!

Might be the cutest chapter.

SennyYak
May 10, 2010
I found this in the Romance/Shoujo thread, but I think it fits here too.

Odette is a comedy about a woman and her cat-headed boyfriend:

:3:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
That is a really chill and cute manga. Thanks for posting it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Okay!! Go post in the new thread!!

• Locked thread