Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Is this clean enough of an E9? I have to say, it drives nicely. I'm going out to his place next weekend. I'll try to remember to get some more pictures.

(all my hosting)

c355n4 fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Tusen Takk posted:

Nope, not at all :shobon:. I was told by the LSJ community that it's expensive as gently caress to do RWD conversions on FWD cars since they're not engineered to support the power/torque on the rear of the frame. This made sense to my ignorant mind so I never really looked much more into it :shrug:

Counterpoint:

http://www.ford-v8-focus.com/

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

quote:

Basically these are the only changes needed with the Focus conversion kits for basic install and change - all other features on the original Ford Focus remain unchanged and intact (i.e. factory, air, etc.).
:aaaaa: This is amazing, and makes my irrational love of the RS500 and the SVT completely justifiable.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

c355n4 posted:

[snip] e9 pics

Is this clean enough of an E9? I have to say, it drives nicely. I'm going out to his place next weekend. I'll try to remember to get some more pictures.

(all my hosting)

God drat that is beautiful and most non boxy vehicles don't really do anything for me.

kastein fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 11, 2013

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Holy poo poo that site is like Geocities quality circa late 90s

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Wonder how much that entire conversion costs.

travisray2004 fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Mar 11, 2013

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

You Am I posted:

Holy poo poo that site is like Geocities quality circa late 90s

Early 2000s, actually. The last photo they uploaded to that site was in 2004.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
God drat I love E9s. I was actually looking for one when I stumbled across my 250c. Ultimately I realized I had money for a super nice 250c, or a kinda rough driver of an e9.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Focuses have been developed for AWD since the start, even if they haven't always (ever?) made use of it. That's a bit different than a Neon.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

trouser chili posted:

God drat I love E9s. I was actually looking for one when I stumbled across my 250c. Ultimately I realized I had money for a super nice 250c, or a kinda rough driver of an e9.

E9s are definitely among the prettiest cars BMW has ever built. It's just a shame they are either prohibitively expensive or total rust buckets. But I think E3s are also really good looking and for some reason a lot cheaper, even compared to /8s for example. It's like everyone ignores them because they seem so pedestrian compared to E9s when they are still really attractive four doors when compared to similar cars of the era.

drat, I need more money.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tQCXE7DDuc

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Endless Mike posted:

Focuses have been developed for AWD since the start, even if they haven't always (ever?) made use of it. That's a bit different than a Neon.

Yeah, if you look at one of those models of Focus you can see where they've left obvious spaces for the driveshaft, rear diff and rear axles.

I am curious to see how the Neon has been done though.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Endless Mike posted:

I know this, I owned an SVTF :) TT was talking in generalities, so I thought I'd show him how easy it is to convert at least one FWD car to RWD.

Been trying to find good pictures of the Neopreza's build!

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Hell yeah thanks for this! I think I would have a heart attack walking around that warehouse. Soooo much history.

seng
Sep 2, 2011

hahaha :byodood:

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

parrhesia posted:

E9s are definitely among the prettiest cars BMW has ever built. It's just a shame they are either prohibitively expensive or total rust buckets. But I think E3s are also really good looking and for some reason a lot cheaper, even compared to /8s for example. It's like everyone ignores them because they seem so pedestrian compared to E9s when they are still really attractive four doors when compared to similar cars of the era.

drat, I need more money.

Mo money mo better. If money (and space) was no object the stuff I'd have....well it would be the most eclectic collection around that's for sure. Anyway I really wanted a coupe, so an E3 really just wasn't on my list. A Neue Klasse coupe like the 2000c/cs would have been acceptable, they're basically an E9 anyway. A 2002 would have also been on the list. Also on the list was a manual transmission Toyobaru, and I was really interested in an Abarth that was available, but right now I'm lusting after W113 "Pagoda". My interest has suddenly swung back toward light, open and delicate-appearing looking greenhouses. Probably because safety regulations have made them all disappear. Everything is so chunky anymore, they're like sitting in antique clawfoot bathtubs, wearing a helmet.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 11, 2013

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

trouser chili posted:

Mo money mo better. If money (and space) was no object the stuff I'd have....well it would be the most eclectic collection around that's for sure. Anyway I really wanted a coupe, so an E3 really just wasn't on my list. A Neue Klasse coupe like the 2000c/cs would have been acceptable, they're basically an E9 anyway. A 2002 would have also been on the list. Also on the list was a manual transmission Toyobaru, and I was really interested in an Abarth that was available, but right now I'm lusting after W113 "Pagoda". My interest has suddenly swung back toward light, open and delicate-appearing looking greenhouses. Probably because safety regulations have made them all disappear. Everything is so chunky anymore, they're like sitting in antique clawfoot bathtubs, wearing a helmet.

That green E9 is for sale :p

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

http://www.sheepo.es/2011/05/porsche-911-997-turbo-cabriolet-pdk_04.html#more

:stare:

Not just the accuracy of the model... the fact that so much of it is functional.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
e: ^^ gently caress I'm never touching Legos again :saddowns:

trouser chili posted:

Yeah, I get that. Plus your /8 is gorgeous and seemed like a great deal. Pagodas are beautiful cars, but at least over here pretty expensive. In decent shape, they start at around 14,000€ territory for a 250SL. If you want a 280SL in good to great shape, you'll be looking at 60,000€ or more. It's a bit out of reach for most people.

I guess prices in the US aren't quite as astronomical (as seems to be the case with most used cars)?

Also, since you mentioned delicate greenhouses:

Maserati 5000GT, as well as:

Auto Union 1000 SP. Looks classy until you hear the two-stroke engine.

And just randomly because I stumbled over those cars while surfing today:

Delahaye 235M

Intermeccanica Imp 700 GT

It wants go racing! :neckbeard: (That's a mighty almost 700cc boxer engine in the back, the entire car is based on the Puch 500)

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
There's a lot of Corvair in the E9 and 2000C, though not as blatant as some European compacts of the time.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

AirRaid posted:

http://www.sheepo.es/2011/05/porsche-911-997-turbo-cabriolet-pdk_04.html#more

:stare:

Not just the accuracy of the model... the fact that so much of it is functional.

I saw it but I still dont believe it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Bitch, LEGO Bugatti Veyron is best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHWDSnWk2jU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

c355n4 posted:

That green E9 is for sale :p

Yes but I'm tapped out after buying the 250c.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...

Geirskogul posted:

LEGO Bugatti

I do believe that's the coolest LEGO I've seen. Is that a retail kit, or did this guy build it from scratch? And that remote must be complicated as hell.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Fermunky posted:

I do believe that's the coolest LEGO I've seen. Is that a retail kit, or did this guy build it from scratch? And that remote must be complicated as hell.

That looks to be the same guy who built the Lego Porsche just up above (the YouTube vid info mentions his name). I would put money down that it's completely custom.

JerseyDevil
Jun 26, 2009
I'm terrible at IDing old Benzes, but there's a gorgeous mid-60's(?) coupe for sale by me. Hardtop, I'm thinking maybe a W113 or something similar, but I didn't think to check if the roof was concave or not. I'll try to grab a picture on the way home from work.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

JerseyDevil posted:

I'm terrible at IDing old Benzes, but there's a gorgeous mid-60's(?) coupe for sale by me. Hardtop, I'm thinking maybe a W113 or something similar, but I didn't think to check if the roof was concave or not. I'll try to grab a picture on the way home from work.

Post it, I can probably identify. I agree they are tough though, I still struggle sometimes and I'm knee deep in old Benz anymore.

JerseyDevil
Jun 26, 2009
You're going to have to wait a few hours for a picture, but it had the round upright headlights and the open grille with the big three pointed star emblem kind of like the 300sl, but the hood was less "bulky" (for lack of a better word) and was flatter, if that makes sense. It looked like a smaller, lighter car because of it. I didn't get a look at the back at all.

Edit: My phone refused to focus, so all I got was this blurry mess. I'll get a better one tomorrow.

JerseyDevil fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 13, 2013

Iconic Racism
Apr 8, 2009
Just came across this ridiculously good tumbler. I dunno how to rehost the images to give an example of the content so you'll all have to trust me and check it out http://artoftheautomobile.tumblr.com/. The gifs are quite something.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

:newlol:

Bape Culture fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 12, 2013

VanNuys
Feb 25, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

what am i looking at here?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

VanNuys posted:

A V8 AE86 with a rad that fills the entire back end.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

VanNuys posted:

Awesomeness. That appears to be a gigantic radiator being mounted in the rear deck and you can see the sharpie marks on the rear quarter that seem to indicate imminent cutting for clearance to fit something very large like drag radias.

VanNuys
Feb 25, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

A V8 AE86 with a rad that fills the entire back end.

oh. i got that it was an ae86 but i thought that rad was a solar panel or something, which really confused me since its caged haha.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Motronic posted:

Awesomeness. That appears to be a gigantic radiator being mounted in the rear deck and you can see the sharpie marks on the rear quarter that seem to indicate imminent cutting for clearance to fit something very large like drag radias.

Yes, something very insane appears to be in the works here.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/47uF0pF.jpg

I imagine that thing smelling like cheap tequila and cigarettes mingled with cherry scented little tree air freshener. What happened to all those vans? I remember the custom van being pretty plentiful when I was a child but there doesn't appear to be any left at all. I desperately want one.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Japan

happened

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I imagine that thing smelling like cheap tequila and cigarettes mingled with cherry scented little tree air freshener. What happened to all those vans? I remember the custom van being pretty plentiful when I was a child but there doesn't appear to be any left at all. I desperately want one.

I am tempted to make a shag carpeting joke here.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmQ8VoiPcIQ

For those who haven't seen it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/12/vanning-is-back/