Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Ygolonac posted:

Welcome to Spokane, WA. Dude daily-drives that beast, too - first time I've ever seen it with the top up, though.

Not sure I've seen it come winter, maybe he drydocks it then.

:lol:

I love this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

That genuinely looks like a toy. And it is wonderful.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Gotta love dirt every day.
I'm in love with this and now I'm contemplating building a monster truck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKGdw5DJTXg

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I watched that last night, I'm glad it's not only me that desires a stupid loving truck like that. It's glorious.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Not gonna lie, watched that and then briefly surfed Craigslist for one ton 4WD trucks.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Only $950 a tire, bargain. At 208lbs a piece, that's only about $4.50 a pound, so not too bad.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Roadkill just posted a picture of Mighty Car Mods' 'MAAAAAAD' catchphrase and said "it's on"

...so now we wait. :fap:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

88h88 posted:

Roadkill just posted a picture of Mighty Car Mods' 'MAAAAAAD' catchphrase and said "it's on"

No loving way :fap:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Yessssss :rock:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
That truck reminded me of a crazy Icelandic guy with a first gen explorer

46 inches

Cage fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 30, 2016

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

88h88 posted:

I am unreasonably excited for whatever occurs. I'm guessing it means an MCM trip to the States though. They'll pick a Nissan and Roadkill will do some sort of big block madness. Be way more fun if Roadkill went Down Under and they were forced to work on Japanese stuff

slothrop fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jun 30, 2016

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cage posted:

46 inches

I've been lusting over some 445/65R22.5 bridgestone L315s for the blacklung.(and maybe my pickup)

Over $1k a tire, but they would probably outlive the bus. the tires on there now are 11 inches wide, these would be 18. Could do a single tire on the rear, and they would probably fit on the front without too much complaint. soooo meaty.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
How do you even manage a tire that big solo? I can just imagine calling my buddies over to help me take a tire off so I can check brake pads.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Seat Safety Switch posted:

How do you even manage a tire that big solo? I can just imagine calling my buddies over to help me take a tire off so I can check brake pads.
Use a dolly.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Put the other three tires on dollies, leave the tire where it is and move the truck.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

slothrop posted:

I am unreasonably excited for whatever occurs. I'm guessing it means an MCM trip to the States though. They'll pick a Nissan and Roadkill will do some sort of big block madness. Be way more fun if Roadkill went Down Under and they were forced to work on Japanese stuff

I'm hoping they're forced to swap from their usual go-tos, with MCM visiting all these little US hot rod houses and Roadkill having to go to JDM tuning places.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The key is leverage. Leverage and anger. mostly anger.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

88h88 posted:

I'm hoping they're forced to swap from their usual go-tos, with MCM visiting all these little US hot rod houses and Roadkill having to go to JDM tuning places.

I really hope so too, it'd be a lot more fun to watch if they're both well out of their depth!

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
After the Mod Max episode, the blunders from down under probably wanna get their hands on more V8s.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If they baja'd miss daisy, :circlefap:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Had an insane thought: if they're unmodding that Lancer, who better than Roadkill to turn it into a full-on drag strip/race car?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's probably going to be paid for by dodge.

If the dort wasn't dead, i could see them doing dart vs dort with a $5k budget to make it faster.

scuz posted:

Had an insane thought: if they're unmodding that Lancer, who better than Roadkill to turn it into a full-on drag strip/race car?

I really doubt they'll be shipping anything overseas, unless the general mayhem is doing a aussie car show tour or something. it would be cool to see it beat up on supergramps.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

I really doubt they'll be shipping anything overseas, unless the general mayhem is doing a aussie car show tour or something. it would be cool to see it beat up on supergramps.
Hellcat. Powered. Lancer.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

scuz posted:

Hellcat. Powered. Lancer.

hellcat stagea.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

scuz posted:

Hellcat. Powered. Beetle.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Cage posted:

46 inches

I love first gen Explorers.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Powershift posted:

hellcat stagea.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh yes. R34 front end too plz just to gently caress everyone else up.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

The v8 stagea gives me the James May fizz.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

This was pretty good, but am I the only one that kept thinking they were nuts to be rock-crawling in that heavy beast without any sort of roll cage?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKGdw5DJTXg
/me googles "mk4 golf lift kit"

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

scuz posted:

/me googles "mk4 golf lift kit"

Settle for a MKV?

http://www.build-threads.com/build-threads/lifted-mkv-golf/

glyph fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 30, 2016

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

That thread was inspirational.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
:eyepop: ...I'll be in my bunk.

Need (lol "need") a mk4 kit cuz that's what I daily and the winters here are nothing to sneeze at. Steel wheels such as those have been on my wish list for a while so hey, why not.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

The Locator posted:

This was pretty good, but am I the only one that kept thinking they were nuts to be rock-crawling in that heavy beast without any sort of roll cage?

Doesn't seem as bad as his RV turned go-kart from a while back

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

The weight sucks (IIRC my 11.00x20 NDCCs are around 250 a tire mounted on steel 2pc wheels with tubes) but the good thing about tires that big is that the lugs are a handful of rubber each, and the tread voids are huge, so you can use a lug on each side as a handle and pull it against your chest.

I mean, this is a 15" alloy wheel on top of the 395/85R20 Michelin XMLs I still haven't put on my truck:

~130lb without wheel, figure the wheel is another 80-100lb if it's steel. It's a good thing they come with handles all the way around.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I've always thought balloon tires on a Yaris hatchback would look incredible, and this just confirms it.

Ideally with a set 8 spoke white steel rims.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

That looks a lot better than just getting a Tiguan

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

scuz posted:

:eyepop: ...I'll be in my bunk.

Need (lol "need") a mk4 kit cuz that's what I daily and the winters here are nothing to sneeze at. Steel wheels such as those have been on my wish list for a while so hey, why not.

http://www.frankenbuilt.com/

I think his lift stuff only works for Mk2 so far but I would assume that he could fab up a Mk4 kit or tell you how to. He did a lifted Mk4 Jetta wagon: http://frankenbuilt.blogspot.ca/2014/11/lifted-mkiv-jetta-wagon-put-to-test.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

http://www.frankenbuilt.com/

I think his lift stuff only works for Mk2 so far but I would assume that he could fab up a Mk4 kit or tell you how to. He did a lifted Mk4 Jetta wagon: http://frankenbuilt.blogspot.ca/2014/11/lifted-mkiv-jetta-wagon-put-to-test.html
I'll be putting my wallet on suicide watch, thank you. This project is far more appealing than turbo-ing a 2.0L.