Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It's Ikea carpet, so it's probably pretty durable, but it's also cheap. It most likely lasts longer than any of the cars I've ever had.

Especially the cars that are rough enough that I would do something like that to them to start with.

While the two rugs Ikea has on offer don't quite match that pattern, they're both under 15 bucks so worrying about wear doesn't seem like a huge deal. Also, there appears to be wall-to-wall carpet with a similar pattern available online for $2-$4 / sq ft, which seems like it might be of better use for making car interior out of, and is still pretty cheap, all things considered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
They are called floormats? They fit in all 4 of the spots where your feet touch the cars floorpan. When they wear out you can buy new ones.

My current fancy car has new floormats and I'm almost intimidated to put my feet on them as I am use to just throwing a flattened cardboard box under the pedals and living with the occasional unintended acceleration.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Japan delivers

https://twitter.com/RYOsti/status/752122678123728897

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

^^ fukken rad

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

I'm not sure there are actually enough engine statistics for all those gauges.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I love the hologram speedometer above the steering wheel.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Falken fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 10, 2016

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

e; well poo poo, there it is :tipshat:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Found it on imgur, then found a bunch more pics after finding the OP posted more pics in the comments. Have messaged him for more info regarding it.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Terrible Robot posted:

e; well poo poo, there it is :tipshat:
http://imgur.com/a/uLKmw He very kindly linked me to a build album.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
You're a gentleman and a scholar.

And that man is my hero.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That's loving fantastic. I love that car.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

"Friend of mine wanted me to enter a show... instead of cleaning it I ran it through the dirt.." :perfect:

He also says he's not doing any more car shows due to the large number of entrants who were all "Who the gently caress let that guy in?"

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

:cumpolice:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

:circlefap:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Falken posted:

He also says he's not doing any more car shows due to the large number of entrants who were all "Who the gently caress let that guy in?"

People who do car shows behave like kids. People who run them on occasion can be cool though, a friend of mine entered a VW show and shine with his Honda Civic sedan which he taped a VW badge to, the guys running it had a sense of humour and one judge decided to give him a trophy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Falken posted:

"Friend of mine wanted me to enter a show... instead of cleaning it I ran it through the dirt.." :perfect:

gently caress those people.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Falken posted:

Mein gott in himmel. hoooly gently caress this thing is awesome.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

cursedshitbox posted:

Mein gott in himmel. hoooly gently caress this thing is awesome.

Exactly this. Rad car / rad owner. Would love to meet that dude.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Someone should buy him an account :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat that makes me sad I didn't hang on to mine.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

That is the best Celica of all time.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Falken posted:

A lot of car show people are jerkbags who sneers at anything that isn't 100% stock with 99% of the labor involving polishing, waxing and buffing every square inch of the car inside and out fifteen times.

Coolest guy I met at a show had an early 60s Fiat 600. It had well over a million kilometers on it and he and his wife had been back and forth across europe several times with it in the 60s and 70s. He had tons of funny anecdotes, mostly about the hundreds of makeshift repairs he's had to do along the way, some of which became permanent features of the car.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well people on this forum clutter up the terrible car stuff thread bitching about body kits and stances and paint and poo poo, the 100% stock show car crowd is just further along the tail of the bell curve. :v:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Collateral Damage posted:

A lot of car show people are jerkbags who sneers at anything that isn't 100% stock with 99% of the labor involving polishing, waxing and buffing every square inch of the car inside and out fifteen times.

Thank god we avoid this on the Internet hehe.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Collateral Damage posted:

Coolest guy I met at a show had an early 60s Fiat 600. It had well over a million kilometers on it and he and his wife had been back and forth across europe several times with it in the 60s and 70s. He had tons of funny anecdotes, mostly about the hundreds of makeshift repairs he's had to do along the way, some of which became permanent features of the car.
This is why i love the Doncaster car show. It's basically "anything interesting", and you get a massive variety. Here's a video of a walk round the entire field:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASmLZt5gwL4

Seriously, any UK goons should check it out next year, I haven't seen anyone doing better value in terms of the number of cars for the entry fee (£4 per pedestrian, or if you have a car to display, £4 for the car including all passengers).

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

That fuckin' Celica :dukedoge:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

Seriously, any UK goons should check it out next year, I haven't seen anyone doing better value in terms of the number of cars for the entry fee (£4 per pedestrian, or if you have a car to display, £4 for the car including all passengers).

Brb, vinyl striping a JPS scheme onto the multipla.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

Brb, vinyl striping a JPS scheme onto the multipla.
If you bring it to the show, I will call in a favour to have you put with the PT Cruisers.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
that Celica is amazing. :dukedoge:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

I'm 10 years old and this is cool.

Look at the two dogs confused to the left.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

xzzy posted:

Well people on this forum clutter up the terrible car stuff thread bitching about body kits and stances and paint and poo poo, the 100% stock show car crowd is just further along the tail of the bell curve. :v:

But most of that stems from mods that only serve to make the car less functional than stock, whereas that celica is a hell of a lot more functional than it was when he started. I mean personally I'd love the functional upgrades and just leave the outside stock so it's the best sleeper, but that's just because I don't have any huge connection to Deathproof. But hey it's not like the guy tried to turn a Subaru outback into the Ghostbusters caddy :P

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

davebo posted:

But hey it's not like the guy tried to turn a Subaru outback into the Ghostbusters caddy :P

You gotta work with what you have. Not everybody wakes up with a nine inch naierrrrrr classic caddy in the yard.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Falken posted:

loving LOVE the Hydroflask coolant tank.

Not so sure the placement of the intake is the smartest...

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jul 11, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

InitialDave posted:

This is why i love the Doncaster car show. It's basically "anything interesting", and you get a massive variety. Here's a video of a walk round the entire field:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASmLZt5gwL4

I will come and visit next year, make sure to remind me and I'll roll up with some friends in some weird and wonderful Japanese things.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

88h88 posted:

I will come and visit next year, make sure to remind me and I'll roll up with some friends in some weird and wonderful Japanese things.
Yeah, I'll post in the chat thread when it's coming up next year. Best to pre book your spot if you have cars to display.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

CharlesM posted:

I'm 10 years old and this is cool.

Look at the two dogs confused to the left.

the full video shows the dog walking out to the street to check on the driver :3:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/ztFMJmc

Rally drivers are mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Stance, bitches.