Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

SouthLAnd posted:

2005 Ford GR-1 Concept :hawaaaafap:

The first thing I thought of when I saw those pictures: "Holy poo poo, blind-spots."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

ChlamydiaJones posted:

I find this awesome because I'd always wondered why there were chains hanging underneath the rear differential of vehicles like school buses and other trucks. I assume that you guys already know this but just in case someone doesn't I think the answer should be shared. The engineering is straightforward but the thought process that came up with the idea in the first place just kills me. Makes me feel like a completely uncreative idiot. I had to actually see it in action to understand what the hell was going on.

Gentlefolk I present you with; the RUD ROTOGRIP Fahrzeugintegration;

Here it is in action;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2la-N1OoPg

I never knew about this before. That is brilliant, and I agree with you: I feel like a dull-witted moron. Yes, I know that is redundant.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Well, at least it looks retarded for a reason!

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Unf. I don't know what's better, the Porsche itself or the ironic combination of dozens of Vettes and the "JAPANESE CAR CORRAL" sign in the background.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I saw something today. I was conflicted as to whether to post it in the Terrible thread, or here. I think it fits here, purely because it's still somehow on the road.

It only has a five-digit odometer, but I seriously doubt it's been near 146,387 miles anyway.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

DrPain posted:

Still won't pass smog.

No smog testing in Minnesota. :v:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Is it just me, or does that remind anybody else of a Land Rover Defender?

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?SaleCode=TB12&ID=r168&Order=runorder&feature=grouping=

I need this car in my life. Along with the rest of the GTXes in the background.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

GramCracker posted:

Holy CRAP. Who owned this estate and had soo many random cars/motorcycles/everything? Also, what are the odds that any of these cars will fire up without some sort of issue?

This guy willing brought a lot of R32's and Pulsar's over knowing he couldn't drive them... :psyduck:

edit: this is blowing my mind

Well, drive them on the street. They could be used for racing purposes.

Also, I am so goddamn tempted to bid on one of those Familia GT-Rs. I don't give a gently caress if it has a roll cage, just GIVE IT TO ME.

[edit] One of them has km/h on the speedo and the "Real Time AWD" trim, but 323 on the back and is LHD. :psyduck:
[edit] Two of them, actually :psypop:

MiniFoo fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 12, 2012

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I think I just peed a little.

[edit] Holy poo poo, is that a race-prepped Prius? :psyduck:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Also, that is a V10 in an S15. :getin:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Plankalkuel posted:

Good thing the little rattle box fell apart before it could kill me.

You mean, kill yourself.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I probably should have posted this in the terrible thread instead.

Something punched this Sileighty in the lip. Probably a curb.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/live-auction.cfm?SaleCode=TB12

That crazy huge New Hampshire auction is currently going on right now. A one-off BMW racecar just sold for six figures, and as I type this, a Lancia roadster is bidding at $170,000.

They pulled a bunch of the interesting stuff, like the two intact Skylines and all the Familia GT-Rs (the GTX is still there though :unsmith:).

[edit] EVERY SINGLE 323 WENT FOR loving PENNIES AAAAAAAAARGH gently caress YOU NEW HAMPSHIRE :argh:

MiniFoo fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 22, 2012

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

GramCracker posted:

My friend and I were going to go up for the day and buy a Skyline, however the nice auction lday called to inform us the day before that the Guv'ment had seized all the Skylines :(

I'd be willing to bet that's what happened to the other Familias as well. If they needlessly crush them all... :smithicide:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

The Rocket Salad posted:

If i'm reading the auction results right, they did sell the LHD Familia GTR, but that was the only one aside from all the GTXs and that sweet GT sedan.

Nah, they also sold the RHD GTX for some reason. Why that was allowed versus the RHD GTRs is anybody's guess, though.

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?SaleCode=TB12&ID=r168&Order=runorder&feature=grouping=

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

obso posted:

They were probably imported by MotoRex and the feds just hadn't located them until they went up for auction.

I was referring to the Familia GTRs and how they would have been any different regulation-wise than the GTX, not the two Skylines. Sorry for the confusion.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

This is my desktop wallpaper now. Don't even give a gently caress that it's low-res.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I'd unironically drive this Zonda, graphics intact.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I wish it said "Sprinter Previa" in the same font instead, but that's nitpicking. I need to own one of these vans someday, but finding them in decent condition, let alone not rusting into a fine powder, is near impossible in the north.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

BoostCreep posted:

This is the most common car in the city of Los Angeles. Most of them are beat to hell, but they are everywhere and rust free! I usually count 13-15 each day on my way to and from work.

I ran across these one day this summer:

And these were right across the street:

Well poo poo. Next time I'm in California I'll pick one up for cheap (so never).

InitialDave posted:

No picture, I'm afraid, but I just saw a guy street-parking in Knightsbridge, on a Friday night, in the pissing rain, in a Ferrari. F40.

You should have called the cops. The guy was obviously trying to commit suicide.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

neckbeard posted:

I've posted this SV1 before, but last time I saw it, it didn't have a Lotus Seven next to it

Why the hell is this dude parking those on the street :psyduck:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

joat mon posted:

102 year old driver, 82 year old car.
http://www.wimp.com/womancar/

She and her car made it to Pebble Beach this year, too.

She is the coolest woman on earth right now. Holy poo poo.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

jvick posted:

60-something corvette split back window

1963 was the only year with the split window, and is desirable because of it. :eng101:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Das Volk posted:

Seeing these things more and more is making me want one. The street cars at least come with ABS these days, right?

And traction control! :haw:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

NitroSpazzz posted:

Here have a F1 car cross section

I always knew that F1 drivers were seated in a very reclined position, but I never realized it was that ridiculous. Now I understand another reason why they have to be so physically fit (aside from the G-forces): cardiovascular training probably helps keep the blood circulating to their feet and not pooled up in their rear end.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Cat Terrist posted:

The owners bought them out for the funeral convoy.

That's honestly the best kind of tribute he could have ever asked for. If those pieces of art are any indication, he was a good man.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

And here I thought I was lucky to get away with a ticket for 99 in a 65, even though I was clocked at 101 and should have had my license suspended. The trooper just seemed like he didn't want to fill out the paperwork and wait for a tow truck or something, considering it was 1:30 AM.

I didn't know my 323 could break a buck

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

The FC isn't white. Immersion ruined.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

kuffs posted:

Pretty sure that's km/h

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc-J53XKF_k&t=518s

Unrelated:

MiniFoo fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jun 5, 2014

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

That is glorious. Best use for a FWD V8 drivetrain.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

dubzee posted:

This one is p cool too.

Super clean build but it looks kinda restrained after the nuclear option :v:

This was in the related stories column. It's just as bonkers as the two Volvos, if not more so.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Modus Man posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyLHStnfb9E
At least there is some video evidence of this flat plane mustang, and it sounds gnarly

This is the generation Mustang that'll finally have IRS, right?

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Reading about AJ Foyt on wikipedia lead me to this car that I had no idea existed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldsmobile_Aerotech

30 years before the Veyron was made, this thing was breaking speed records with one-quarter of the cylinders. Obviously it's way lighter and not a production vehicle at all, but still.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I'm everything in this picture

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

don't stop, I'm almost there

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Zeether posted:

Here's another:

oh god I'm COMING

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

revdrkevind posted:

I can only imagine that the guy

Why isn't there a :brazil:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Hey, I wasn't even six years old when he died, but I still recognize his unbelievable skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

opengl128 posted:

This is really friggin neat

https://www.youtube.com/user/HondaVideo

press R throughout the video

This is loving incredible. I need to watch it multiple times.