Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Casu Marzu posted:

Was at Road America on Saturday for the ALMS race. Owned so hard.

Looked through the entire album; great pictures! I'm absolutely in love with both of those ZR1s. That Viper front end is fantastic too. Needless to say, I'm super jealous and would have loved to be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
I get you guys are trying to be funny or something, but it would be great if you just used the tags for what they are actually meant for. Not trying to back seat mod or anything, but it just defeats the purpose and isn't funny. I also probably have OCD or something for letting it bother me.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

First thing I thought of.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Uncle-in-law's V6 GN: :patriot:

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Sep 19, 2012

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

sofullofhate posted:

Holy.

gently caress.

:getin: :awesome: :stare:

I believe that build was pushing around 1150 WHP. He currently has it ripped apart and is doing build number 4 hoping to achieve around 1400 WHP. He does virtually all his own machine work too. I'll have to try to find the pictures, but there's one with about 10 solid aluminum square blocks that he carves his parts from.

Fake edit: Found them.

This is a car he worked on. I think he mostly just tuned it. The owner flew him out to do the work at Nevis Island. I'm not AI enough to identify the car, but the engine is a Buick V6 with a 91mm turbo.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

:barf:

I'll never understand the attraction to this look.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 28, 2012

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

ash with a five posted:

Yeah same.

Hmmm, let's take a look at the images "Hashal" has posted itt...

Weird.

Haha, I'd love to hear the issue with the pictures I've posted. Sorry man, didn't realize everyone has to like what you do and isn't allowed to say otherwise.

Some pictures from the 60's.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Sep 29, 2012

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Das Volk posted:

It was kind of a bummer seeing some of those art cars didn't have any running gear in them at all. That E36 was one example, you get up close and you can see it's just empty in the engine bay.

I was kind of thinking the opposite, assuming they did have engines, that it was a shame they just sit there not being used.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Looks like California to me. There are definitely 4 lane roads other than Sacramento. I'd guess San Bernardino area.

Unrelated:

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Stage IV - Currently in it's build process. That's a mockup with the intake runners just made.

From earlier in the thread: this was stage III.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 31, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Real beefed up tractors need a roll cage.

And this one is just awesome / made me laugh

:siren: Holy poo poo tractor pull! :siren:
http://youtu.be/3sj2HgGwDOU

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Nov 13, 2012