Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

Do you have this in high rez? Tineye and Google reverse image search didn't find anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

Zeether posted:

Best I could get, sorry :(

It was from the Cars For Hope blog, which I got the other images from too. And yes, that GT-R is on the Shuto Expressway/C1 which is basically what inspired the GT course.

It's a killer pic. I actually kind of flinched when I saw it.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
Saw this VW bus at Lowes tonight. A decent load of 1x4 lumber up on the rack.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

Kerrow posted:

Seriously, I drive a 15 years old, 1.6 90HP Ford Mondeo. It's enough. I wouldn't want to do fully loaded 100+ miles highway drives doing 80MPH in it, but for everything else it's just fine...

Cars today weigh a poo poo ton more than they did 15 years ago.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
This old Citroen GSA:

Has this dash:

And here is the cover of the owner's manual, showing it all lit up:

(Stolen from Bring a Trailer...)

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

MetaJew posted:

Uhh, that's a real car. The headlights remind me of the Alfa Montreal.
http://www.supercars.net/cars/2256.html

Holy poo poo, that interior is ridiculous. The rest of the car is pretty bad, too.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
Saw this rad Land Rover at Lowes.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

Anyone who rebuilds a car for profit is out of their mind.

I think it could depend on the car. You could restore a 1965 mustang coupe or a 1965 mustang Shelby for roughly the same money. But one is gonna be worth a lot more in the end.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

dissss posted:

Plenty more where that came from too: http://youtu.be/i5vVgbilhKA (4:25 is crazy)

e. Warning there are definitely some fatalities in there

I love how calm the Russian drivers are. I wish I knew what they are saying.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
Facel Vega HK500.

Asshole Bicycle fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 2, 2013

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
I'm being out AI'd by some new person at work. Yesterday they drove an old ratty VW Rabbit diesel with a bale of hay in the back, today this:

I'm feeling very inadequate here.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
I posted one for $3250 in ultimateforce's thread. I want it so bad.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
I've never seen one in person, but walking around Tampa, FL yesterday I happened to spot this. I have to say it was a religious experience. I knocked on the door, but the owner wasn't home. Oh well.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

BoostCreep posted:

Sorry for the crummy quality, but I thought this was a cool looking Cadillac(?). The rims are pretty awful, but it's neat seeing late 50's? cars just hanging out on Hollywood Blvd at night.

I have this car in toy form:

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
The first pic looks like a photoshop, but it's real:

:black101:

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

stump posted:

I really hope that is built better than appearances indicate. And why does it have series front doors and (original?) defender rear doors? And mirrors and lights badly fitted in random places. If you need that much space just buy a sprinter 4x4 or transit county, because surely that thing is a dog in 90% of off-road situations, and all road ones.

Although it is loving crazy, wonder what the wheelbase is?

I found it randomly. Here is his blog:

http://hillwithfields.wordpress.com/2013/04/21/more-recognizable-now-roofrack-and-painting/

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
Pretty sure these go here. Ronal Bear wheels, converted to 3 piece.

Asshole Bicycle fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 21, 2013

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
It could be a huge FRP cover over a small inline 6.

Also, VW beetle cylinder heads have cooling fins, and they are crammed inside the engine compartment.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
Bob Lutz (ex GM chairman) was on NPR today to talk about the recent GM recalls. Some crackpot called in and was rambling on and on about the Ford Pinto gas tank recall and the Corvair and general GM malaise.

Bob Lutz replied, "I'm not going to dignify that with an answer." Pretty rad.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
Oh my.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

It was a tossup between here and the Terrible Car poo poo thread.