Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=291303957669551

Holy poo poo. :stare:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Slavvy posted:

How is this not just a shittier version of this with a roof:

It's basically just watering down the already-watered down/

http://www.flytheroad.com/

I still want one of these for a daily commuter. Formerly the Carver

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 14, 2013

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

What am I looking at here?

Why does that bay look like it's filled with grenades?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

BlackMK4 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYu7DQn5vAI
The old video of the DRZ jumping it is cooler. :colbert:

:nyoron: I really want a supermoto again.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

:qqsay: "BUT REAL MEN DRIVE STICK!"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Carteret posted:

I played the gently caress out of this game in the arcade when I was in Korea.

It sure as hell wasn't this loving cool, however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I-a5onDg7s

We have a couple hidden around Vegas. Used to work at a Namco arcade in ~art school~ and it was probably the most fun arcade game there, until some rear end in a top hat broke the wheel servos intentionally to get mad quick oversteer.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Cleaning up my imgur, when I remembered that some guy in my NG unit has a really nice Continental. I don't know how to identify the years...

Also, I think the plate is awful, but it's not my car so...

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I don't think there's any sort of backstory to it. I don't think anyone is even certain who is behind it. Last I read, they had found out who the owner of the estate the Rolls Royce was driven in was but that's about it. As long as they keep making videos, I couldn't care less though.

beedeebee posted:

Is there any backstory to this guy? Just a farmer with ~8 million dollar worth of supercars? Not sure about the 8 million part, but drat, he has a lot of nice cars.

The greatest was reading the Top Gear website's comments section. A shitload of people were really mad that he would "thrash" and "hoon about", "ruining" the cars.

I thought it was the greatest affirmation of the cars' pedigree and a huge FTP to all the purists.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

88h88 posted:

And this because wow...

So THAT'S what the bond-o Saturn in the terrible poo poo thread was going to be!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
That's gonna look so sweet in fire engine red, with numbers and lights. :allears:

You should make a thread for it when it's done!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Seat Safety Switch posted:

This is the best paintjob ever. I wonder what the interior is like.

Blonde fur.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Motronic posted:

Something like a retard laying on a floor mat crawling under it with no support other than a hydraulic jack?

What the hell kind of amateur place is this?

According to the plate, MA.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

kastein posted:

Showed up at work today and... what's this in the parking lot?

Pristine '87, 60k miles, never restored, original everything. One of the guys in the office bought it new off the lot.

Apparently he brought it to limerock this year and it ended up in a BMW mag.

That's absolutely beautiful

My family is a bunch of warranty buyers, so they don't understand my unrestrained love of classic boxy euro sedans and coupes.

"Why don't you buy one of those [GM Eco car/Toyota Eco car/Ford Eco car]? (You'll only be making 300/month payments after you spend all your budget, too) Old cars are so expensive!"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

shaggy-- posted:

Beautiful cars. Happen to have any other pics from that shoot? Kinda want to see more of the building in the background :)

It's the BMW HQ and Museum in Munich

You would probably appreciate Brutalist Architecture

I am stalling because I can't find more pics of that shoot aside from that one.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
EDIT DISREGARD, I FOUND OUT IT'S loving FAKE.

A large number of cars found in a welded shut building on a retirees farmland.

Some lucky retiree basically just found out he has a Jay Leno Garage.

To make up for my failure, here's an animated graphic about engines.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 23, 2013

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

atomicthumbs posted:

The Berkeley post in the terrible thread reminded me of this. The health food store I go to is on the border between the hippy town and the rich people SF bedroom community. This results in an interesting mix of cars in the parking lot. These were taken on the same day.

Parked next to this on my way in:

And this had parked by the time I came out:

A few weeks before I took these, I saw an Aston Martin DBS Volante and a BMW M Coupe in the same day. I've also seen a little BMW Z thing that apparently belongs to the guy who created Renderman and invented programmable shaders (the license plate says RASTER, and he has Pixar frames).

I unequivocally love both of those things. That Corolla just needs some TLC, and it would be completely :nyoron:. I would love a well-maintained 80's box, a near restoration vehicle with just enough creature comforts and modifications (I really still like A/C and digital music inputs, sorry).

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

That rifle looks so sweet too :swoon:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

angryhampster posted:

Classic Jags are seriously amazing machines. Here's a modern day recreation from a company called Eagle:

Old Jag engines also sounded *wonderful*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3IbF5bJSEU&t=2533s

That is the best VBD episode. Miss that show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66owXqZaexs

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Sep 27, 2013

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Collateral Damage posted:

Roadkill just posted this on Facebook. :stare::fh:

It's so tacky that I love it again. :mexico::fh:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Q_res posted:

When I look at the rear of a California all I can see is :saddowns:

Fortunately that thing should be getting a redesign soon.

I see :regd09:

poo poo new page... Don't watch it if you don't wanna spoil Death Proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btjQ0Ty6o2M

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Oct 31, 2013

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Slavvy posted:

Love that goddamn movie. I hear it was edited pretty badly in the cinema release though.

I love his "Well Pam, I told you this car was deathproof, and that wasn't a lie. But to get the benefit honey..." line, as well as a dozen others. Kurt Russel rules.

My favorite part is when he turns into a huge whiny baby when his prey fights back. I legitimately get a sense of satisfaction from that whole movie.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Sorry I just wanted to rewind on the thing about Death Proof being edited poorly; it was an homage to double features and grindhouse flicks.

The pair of movies themselves reused cast members and shots between them; and intentionally made bad jump cuts with the soundtrack skipping and all, because the movies of the time they were imitating did that.

Content for the Content-God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31JgMAHVeg0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk9SZbrh_Tg

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Slavvy posted:

It's a fiero.

Still 80's as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDEo8r5qFP8

I wish there was a world where the Fiero wasn't a disaster-car. :smithcloud:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Parked in downtown Vancouver, I get a kick out of well-maintained utility vehicles.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKm-wcxkl5U

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
It's nice having my own wheels again. It's even better when it's something that is so clean throughout and works smoothly after 20 years.

Who makes the best manuals for a '93 Ford Explorer?

v v v

Got it on the lift today; No loose ball joints. Pretty much the entire suspension and half the engine bay is new or redone.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 30, 2013

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

Where do you live? It's weird seeing the Euro Focus in the background with an Explorer in the front.

Vegas. That Focus throws me off too, because it's right-hand drive.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Cross postin

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

veedubfreak posted:

I couldn't get a picture because my phone was in my pocket, but on the way home last night from work, I saw a pristine, completely bone stock Fiero. It was like going back in time 20 years.

29-25 years :colbert:

I have fond childhood memories in my mom's 2M4 including the times someone tried to hot wire it, and the time we ran over a javelina and nearly wrecked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-26I2Xr5_Ng

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 18, 2013

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Daily driven by my girlfriend's dad.

Edit sorry phone posting

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 21, 2013

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hallowed Turban posted:

800hp? Jeez, totally unassuming

Till it turns on I'm guessing.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

cursedshitbox posted:

^chelsea tractor.

Awesome old 13 letter poo poo spreader spotted at the parts store.

Urban Dictionary posted:

thirteen letter poo poo spreader

CB Slang for an International truck

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mighty Horse posted:

I have always wondered why people double up on giant gently caress-off turbos like that....so you can run each at its quarter max boost?

I thought the idea was that they are boosting at different revs, but I don't know anything about engine modification.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Shrapnac posted:

Haha, he could be going 600mph and everyone would still be underwhelmed.

It's running at 1/4 the regular power; of course it's underwhelming. I'm just a little irritated that this was their debut. They should have just posted pics until they went full power, so people can get the right impression. As it stands, it's an underwhelming debut because it's not quick at all; in this day and age people want to see the end result, not a slow test run.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

blk posted:

Not sure if awesome or awful - if you take your Superleggera to Costco and fill it with the poo poo you buy there, it is no longer going to be Superleggera. Hell, if you eat a hot dog at the food court and sit back down in your car, it is no longer going to be Superleggera. All that expensive weight saving negated by a 36 pack of ramen.

So what you're saying is that if it was a regular Gallardo, it wouldn't be a problem for you?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1LO6uxy11I

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Lord Lilf posted:

Here is my very shaky guess. Awhile ago Mark Reuss said to not rule out a hybrid Corvette. If, and that's a big if, they do another ZR1 is suspect it'll showcase a KERs style system but based off tech GM uses such as in the Volt.

It sounds dumb but head me out. GM supposedly tested out dct for the new Z06 but they couldn't find one that handle the torque. GM has also invested a lot into it's automatic transmissions. I'm willing to bet the 8-speed auto is going to be highlighted as it's crowning achievement in this car.

So where does this leave the ZR1?

A 700+ hp grand tourer with a KERs style system 8-speed auto just as good as a dct that get's great mileage and is easy to drive but also utterly bonkers when tracked.

I've always wondered about how far automatics have come. Has GM explored dual clutch stuff?

For content: my buddy decided to make his 370z engine bay a bit tighter.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Octopus Magic posted:

Peg Bundy: The Car.

:drat: