Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
A really nice alfa from the other day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea

Is there a name for this type of car? Love the hell out of them.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

1950s GP cars aren't they?

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah, they look like front-engined F1 cars to me. The front-engined Indycars of the era were often referred to as roadsters.

bennyfactor posted:

Like others have said, these are open-wheel roadsters; the first one is a Maserati 250F, and the second is a Ferarri 340. They are F1 cars but both manufacturers made similar models for Indianapolis as well.

Thanks a bunch peeps!

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

While running today, I saw a car I couldn't identify. I didn't have my phone on me and it was gone by the time I came back for pictures. So here is a lovely from-memory picture I drew:

Really low to the ground, enough that the sideview mirror was comically high, racing slicks, four exhaust pipes, etc. What the hell was it?

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

Nope.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

Well, that's about the right body shape but:

-The front end didn't have all those vents and round holes in it, there was just this little slot vent on the bottom of the nose
-There was like this wedge in the roof (which is flat in the breadvan) and there was some engine part sticking out of it (some disc-like thing)
-Air intakes in front of the rear wheels

It looks similar from the side though.

The more I think about it, the more I'm sure it's some sort of kit on like, a fiero or something :v:. No badges anywhere. The fairings seemed pretty flimsy and it seemed like there was a lot of space between them and the inner frame of the car. If that makes sense. I dunno, I'm more of a motorcycle gal.

An observer fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 6, 2012

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was this. The cockpit was a little bit different, but everything else is a dead ringer. Thanks!

Negromancer posted:

Lotus Europa?

Actually, after your second description prolly not, but it was the first thing that came to mind from the drawing.

Nope, but that's nice as hell, I really like the rims.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

I saw this the other day. It looks so much loving fun. It even had a cueball (with an actual cueball on it) shifter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

sofullofhate posted:

As promised, some video:

kickass videos

It really is the Ferrariest Ferrari. Gets my heart rate up just listening to it in that video.

Coming soon: McLaren MP4-12C - they didn't include it on my DVD so I need to wait for it to come in the mail. :(

ninja edit: I clipped out all the pre-drive and post-drive chatter. It's interesting but probably only to me. :)

Hoooly poo poo. I'm saving my money for the next time I'm in vegas.