Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

OK, tell me how many organs you want, I need this car...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGBZSPuO7Jk

First thought after this video: this is awesome!
Then boring-me took over and began thinking: what if all those people have to leave at the same time in the morning? It'd take forever to get out.
Also, it seems like you can't acces your car once it's on your floor. You mean I have to pay 6 million dollar and carry my groceries upstairs because I can't acces my stupid car-storage room from my living room?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
That's amazing. Scrolling down, thinking wow, then: wow a hovercraft, then: wow, a helicopter! Awesome stuff

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
While we're posting what se saw on the road, I saw a Fisker Karma yesterday. In Belgium. Pretty weird, but unfortunately I was riding my bike and wasn't able to take a picture :(

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Kill-9 posted:

A '93 Defender 110 NAS. 1 of 500 and worth $60-70K on average. Some really nice examples top six figures. I'd trade all my cars to have one.

What? Why are they so expensive?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I just got back from Paris and saw some pretty exotic cars, sadly I got no pictures.
But anyway, I saw one car driving away and I can't figure out what it was. It's been bugging me the last couple of hours, and I just can't remember what it's called.
So anyway, the backside looked like this:
code:
       _____                 ______
       xxxxx \______________/xxxxxx  

X's being the taillights. I know it isn't much, but I'm sure someone around here can tell me what I saw.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
It was a recent car. It was low, like a supercar. And that shape I posted is how the backside was shaped. It's not a led trim or whatever, it was actually shaped like that.
I'm 100% positive I know what car it is, I just can't remember the name right now.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Nope, that has a pretty square backside.
The backside of the car I saw actually dropped down in the middle, like the lovely diagram I posted earlier.
So 'high' side, then it drops down, then up again on the other side. This will probably make more sense when somebody (or I) find out what car I'm talking about.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
^^ no, it had sharper edges. Less curves, more straight lines.

beedeebee posted:

I just got back from Paris and saw some pretty exotic cars, sadly I got no pictures.
But anyway, I saw one car driving away and I can't figure out what it was. It's been bugging me the last couple of hours, and I just can't remember what it's called.
So anyway, the backside looked like this:
code:
       _____                 ______
       xxxxx \______________/xxxxxx  

X's being the taillights. I know it isn't much, but I'm sure someone around here can tell me what I saw.

beedeebee posted:

It was a recent car. It was low, like a supercar. And that shape I posted is how the backside was shaped. It's not a led trim or whatever, it was actually shaped like that.
I'm 100% positive I know what car it is, I just can't remember the name right now.

It actually looked like the backside of a Reventon. But no way I saw a Reventon in person right?

It also was grey, and I think they only did the Reventons in black. So it's something that looks similar. Or else I'm an idiot who'd rather look at a 300 year old building that isn't going anywhere instead of a super exlusive supercar passing by.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Linedance posted:

here's my guess:

Yes! That's it! I knew I had seen it before. The good news is I can now stop wondering what it was, the bad news is I didn't see a Reventon in person.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Anybody knows what this car is? I like it.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Preoptopus posted:

Will you all shut the gently caress up and post some content for the thread?

Wanna live in this house. Nice pics by the way.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
That Racewar post was awesome. Thanks for that.

Now let's drool over a BMW E9 once again!

More at Petrolicious.

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Apr 13, 2013

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

I really need to play NFS: Porsche Unleashed again.

That really was the best game, especially how you had to practice backwards J-turns (don't know how it's called, but the thing everybody does in action movies: full throttle backwards, pull the handbrake, spin 180 degrees and drive away).

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

KozmoNaut posted:

0-240kph (top speed) in 7 seconds.

:stare: times a million

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Is there any backstory to this guy? Just a farmer with ~8 million dollar worth of supercars? Not sure about the 8 million part, but drat, he has a lot of nice cars.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
The Phantom is huge because it has to store your umbrellas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o774775U1cw

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 15, 2013

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Boomerjinks posted:

Did you guys see this 1957 Speedster that recently sold on ebay for $57,000?

That's one expensive VIN tag.

:psyboom: What? Those are not THAT expensive right?

Also, those hood ornaments (last page) own, especially that bird. Recently I thought it would be fun to own a Rolls hood ornament, and thought I could just order one online. Yeah... those things are expensive, like 10k expensive. A bit much for a paperweight.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Here is some AI poo poo. Emphasis on poo poo.

Video here. It's as sad as you imagine.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

He's fixing it so who cares.

Really? Doesn't look like there's much car left on the end of that video. I'd love to see a rebuild thread about that though...

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

11BulletCatcher posted:

I found the most amazing video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1gcC6RiB-I

These are some ridiculous lengths Plymouth went to just to claim their car was "indestructable" during the mid 1930s. The video is all stunts, wrecks, obvious editing trickery at times, and just badass art-deco destruction.

This is awesome. I'm also amazed that the railroad tie test didn't gently caress that car up. I have a feeling if I'd do that today in my car, my wheel would break off or something like that.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

InitialDave posted:

I like them. Sensible city car with full luxury interior, I'd have one if I lived/worked in London.

Don't you have to buy a DBS or something and then you get a Cygnet? You can't buy them separatly right?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Write an extra NOT on the sign. Problem solved :eng101:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

This is cool, but I can't imagine working on my car and stopping after every little thing I do to take a picture. Also, the ending is funny :)

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Well this sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfS8iz2NaLE

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

A3th3r posted:

Yeah you're right, few cars look good that way... that's one of a half dozen ferarris like that.

Supposedly these Mercs can do 300hp relatively comfortably... euro muscle car! When I lived in Helsinki my plan was to eventually do that. I saw a couple of 'Mersus' done up like that, pretty cool imo.

What car is this? And can you drive it if you're not a drug dealer?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
There was an article on Petrolicious recently about a guy who convinced his wife to buy a Ferrari for 1 year and then sell it. Actually, it's about a book he's written about it, but they go in detail about some of the maintenance costs.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Powershift posted:

Gonna admit, i jumped when the tires blew.

drat you! :argh:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
What's the backstory on that 917? It looks like some guys in a shed just put it together as a fun project. I'd expect stuff like this to happen in the Porsche factory or a very professional racing shop or something.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
This is cool.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Cage posted:

Honestly my favorite part of the video was the giant gear indicator. Is that a rally thing or a ken block thing?

Haha, I noticed that too. Nice font too.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Butt Wizard posted:

I nominate this, except this is Ari Vatanen trying to kill everything everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ubdVZP1oV8

:stare: This is crazy. The part around 1:55!
Also, why is the co-pilot always saying: flat right, maybe. What's up with the maybes?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Sadi posted:

I dont think ive ever seen it as a paint. Im pretty sure they just burn it. But it doesnt have to be Ti to change colors. Lots of alloys will change colors with heat.

Yeah, I was just gonna say, my cooking pots also have that effect and I'm pretty sure I don't have any titanium cooking pots.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
This is cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he0WvPDxjZc

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Oh wow, why have I never watched any of this. That one guy is great.
*engine has ton of sludge in it* "Oh, it'll be fine"
*table catches fire* "Oh, it's fine"
*dude names 3000 things that still have to happen* "Eh, it's not even a long list"

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

fakeaccount posted:

So this is a wheel with an oversized hub, and the car's spoiler is mounted through the hub? I'm trying to think of things to say about this, and all I'm coming up with is "GOLLY!"

My brain can't comprehend how that would work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah but think of all the money you save on tires.