Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Correct thread.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/buckyville/movie-review-tango-cash-1989-t90280.html

heart warming to go through those images and relive the movie

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

NoWake posted:

About 10-15 years ago, Ohio started sending out letters to the registered address of any vehicle with current registration, demanding proof of insurance. OR ELSE.

https://www.bmv.ohio.gov/susp-ins-random-selection.aspx

If you don't live at that address and don't get your mail regularly, say you're a college kid and your car is registered at mom and dad's house instead of your dorm room, you'll probably never get the letter and you'll get your license suspended. Even if you're all paid up. You'll only find out your license is suspended during your next chickenshit traffic stop. There's some exceptions for cars that are inoperable or stored, but you'll still actively need to respond to the state or you're getting hosed with a license suspension and all the joys of increased insurance premiums for the next 3 years.

I don't know if this program is still active, because I can't imagine a quarter of a million Ohioans going through this yearly without heads on pikes. If this isn't the most obvious example of open grift of the insurance industry over our legislature, I don't know what is.

what the gently caress??? that's absolutely disgusting

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

shut up with this dumb argument poo poo about How Drive Car Right and post awesome car poo poo instead :yeah:

Darchangel posted:

Rota Shakotan

(Or possibly real Hayashis Type ST.)

like those nice wheels :yeah:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

weaponize your side mirrors by adjusting them until the person behind you has their headlights lasered right back into their own eyeballs :twisted:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Nidhg00670000 posted:

TEMS is Toyotas adjustable suspension, and that redline screams diesel. Prado maybe?

that led me to looking around and running across something I'm not sure I'd seen before:

:eyepop:

Vector W8. I think I remember the car as a thing that existed once upon a time, but nothing about this vibe the interior had...

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

is...is that a driver accessible neatly labeled fuse board w/ ratings? or buttans?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

MrYenko posted:

Resettable circuit breakers.

oh duh, that makes much more sense :tipshat:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol at the mid-event transformation

to

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

incels interlinked posted:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a29216/vector-w8-twin-turbo-first-drive/

That Vector was a lot more high-end than I thought it was

lol at the 3 speed GM automatic though

so of the end of its time

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Krakkles posted:

It's mostly the taxes. It can also be the "zero emissions/inspection" aspect of the registration, but it's mostly the taxes. This article claims on an exotic, this can easily amount to six figures.
Pretty sure that car has never been to Montana.

Edit: \/ :) :hf: :)

quote:

Then they deny your claim, your McLaren P1 is totaled, and you have to spend the next 6 months eating SpaghettiOs out of the box because you can't afford running water.

lmao thats written like its author is someone who ain't ever eaten spaghetti-os but wanted to write what he thought was his best "what the poor folk must do" anecdote

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Powershift posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12pstW_5vzo

oh god, i want an itty bitty supertanker!

lol that was a fun little video

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Powershift posted:

And NOW i'm checking auction prices for used scissor lifts, gently caress

when the trailers a rockin dont come a knockin, and in fact, you'd better run

because no one cared to consult a professional and this things gonna tip over in strong wind

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Powershift posted:

oh, friend

you're about to go down the rabbit hole of airport limos.

The world used to be a magical place :smith:

haha this is so silly and it owns

capitalism has no place for humanitarian desire tho and we are left in a generic world of the deterritorialized :argh:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

very cool engineering :)

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

netwerk23 posted:

Yes, and while I had a memory of an atomic train spoof, that was apparently serious and not an atomic-powered train, just a train transporting atomic materials.

sounds like a super train

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

that lil' wing in the front, the one below the handlebars, makes it

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Colostomy Bag posted:

For the record, this one is highly regarded for CGI. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YozMDzOAGxk

please dont post this clip of a very real stuntman dying for a local zzz clinic

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Elviscat posted:

The Crown Victoria is a huge, cheap, floaty barge that is comfortable, practical, and extremely reliable though, that's a lot of good qualities.

Plus you can buy a fleet of them for less than a Morgan three-wheeler.

they make you look like a cop

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

that’s a bad thing btw

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

net work error posted:

This could go in a few threads but I think here is good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3w3fVS-SgQ
When he scrapes it's terrifying.

this leak of F-Zero Rammers has me excited again for Nintendo’s e3 presentation :yeah:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Powershift posted:

They cost $200k new

jesus christ

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Powershift posted:

oh god, 105 pages of locomotives

rip

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

oh poo poo lol duh I didn't even notice that first go around. I thought it was just some photo edited and mirrored and made roughly symmetrical so that it looked like there was just a tire in the garage :rip:

shiny as heck

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Memento posted:

How do we live in the timeline where that Peugeot wasn't put into production?

How do we live in the timeline where I don't have one in my garage?

weird french cars are too singular for this cowardly world

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

same when the show producers setup another silly situation

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Shrapnig posted:

This is my favorite hot take about Top Gear.

credit 2 the people behind the cameras not in front of them :shrug:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

hell yeah why not :woop:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Powershift posted:

love those wheels.

:blastu: holy hell yeah

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Lord Stimperor posted:

I wasn't entirely sure which of the threads this would fit best. But imo these truck designs, with their focus on technology and aerodynamics, convey a of optimism about the future that has almost completely disappeared from modern automotive design:

Never seen it in the wild though.

I think the first truck is the one with the brown interior, which was the concept. The others were the ones of which a small series was produced.

🎶 wish that I could be an Oscar Mayer something 🎶

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Nothing But Hate posted:

Most likely wrong thread but I feel like this is weird enough that it’s kind of awesome in a way

can't not appreciate the style. all of them. :supaburn:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

"what sort of car is that?"

"all of them :grin: "

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

that era of TV seems so god damned quaint and honest compared to nowadays

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

drgitlin posted:

There were four F1s and four EB110s at the Quail last week. I took a bunch of photos and then made them all look too bright in Lightroom, enjoy: https://arstechnica.com/cars/2019/08/these-mclaren-f1s-and-bugatti-eb110s-were-the-stars-of-car-week/

that engine bay that starts with a mess of turbos and then a ferrari engine is something else

i dont know if its good or cool or at all a good idea or anything. but it looks like it means something :woop:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

like, lol

i assume theres some car there too

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

it looks so silly and fun that i'm laffing irl

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

cakesmith handyman posted:

It certainly gives an impression of an engine held hostage and unwillingly force feed boost :getin:

the things are probably stuffed into that bay somewhere, but from the initial glance...

air conditioning? no.

power steering or brakes?? no

must we go fast??? YES

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

shy boy from chess club posted:

I saw a unicorn today. I've loved Toronados since I read The Dark Half when I was a kid and this is the first one I've ever seen in person. Hundreds and hundreds of car shows and finally I get to see one in the grocery store parking lot.

Look at those perfect lines. It's a driveable piece of art. Check out the back spacing on the wheels, they look so funky cause of the fwd. What a machine. I only wish the lights were closed but can't complain.

illegal amounts of style in 2019

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Mister Kingdom posted:

See also its sister car, the 1967 El Dorado

also rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Uh, so I've just found out about the EB110 prototype which is in almost* every way a much cooler looking car.

cancel the truck nut trademarks – prior art :popeye: