Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Fixed the brakes on this thing with new front wheel cylinders.

Put a fuel pump and new oil after 4 years of sitting

Saw these three on lunch one day.

Put on exhaust gaskets meant for the correct motor and tightened down all the spark plugs. One was so loose it moved everytime the engine turned over. Sorry for the photos there from my iphone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Enourmo posted:

A brick Cadillac just ran 205 mph at the Ohio Mile. If that ain't AI I don't know what is.

The pic of the Toyota got me to half mast. That Cadillac though just cause me to blow a hole in my pants :gizz:

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

Vettes were never bad, especially as grand tourers.

E: except 80's vettes.

All vettes are bad. With my current job I have worked on 70's vettes 80's vettes 90's vettes and 2007 was the latest model I worked on. They all drove like poo poo accelerated like poo poo and were uncomfortable as gently caress and im only six foot nothing. But truthfully my biggest gripe was my size twelve boot always gets stuck when shifting gears.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
I wish I could agree with you. I do but when your given keys to a seventies stingray and told to goose it. Then it falls flat on its face your opinion becomes jaded. Then you hit your first bump and its like riding in an oxcart. The 07 I drove had NO BALLS. I floored the poo poo out of that thing at every chance and NOTHING no fun no slides no shove you in your seat NOTHING!. Then I work on a 08 Shelby mustang and mind you it wasn't fast but it was comfortable and handle like a car instead of an upgraded ox cart.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
I wish I drove super cars all day. And admittedly most of the cars I drive are daily drivers that never should have been. The Shelby mustang is a rolling ashtray that gets daily driven by a spoiled rich dude. My job is old cars from MERICA. and every now and then I get an awesome car but they almost always turn out to be utter poo poo when I drive them. And that 07 vette threw about five codes when I floored it the first time. All 02 sensors but still I had more fun driving a grand marquis then I did the corvette.

But in awesome car stuff I did the brakes on this bad boy. Like usualy theres also a corvette behind that Lincoln but it only got an oil change battery and new windshield.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Panty Saluter posted:

So you drove a broken car and based on that experience judged all cars of the same model to be bad? :cmon:

So you read one of my posts talking about how one year of vette I drove was as lovely as all the other years I drove, and only choose to acknowledge one thing I said. :cmon:

edit: before another old man on the internet jumps on my nuts about vettes. This is my opinion on them. And much like an rear end in a top hat we all have one and each one is different then the last.

clam ache fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 17, 2015

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Elmnt80 posted:

And yours is full of poo poo.

Instead of making GBS threads up the awesome AI poo poo thread anymore ill post a legit awesome pic

This thing is beautiful.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Neptr posted:

Not just a Dart, but a Dart 340 Swinger if that appearance package is original.

you are correct on that. It is a sweet little thing. and lives most winters in the storage at my work.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

NoWake posted:

Sorry for the thread necro, I'm catching up on AI from vacation, but this just showed up at the auto lot near work today:

So does this mean your another Illinois goon? because that is that car. And it would be by a route 31 in Illinois.

Root bear...Is your shop hiring cause DAYHUM!!!! The classic cars we get are usually not that nice.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Root Bear posted:

It's been a while since I've seen one of these up close, let alone had the chance to work on one that wasn't an over-abused poo poo-pile. It was relatively stock with the exception of a newer crate 350 engine and a fresh suspension overhaul.

I still want one. :allears:

Holy crap that's clean. The last monte I touched we slapped a small block from an RV in it to replace the V6. I wish it was as clean as that. I wish any monte carlo around here was as clean as that.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Powershift posted:

and that got me researching ford N600s, which led me to this.

which is a ford NLT 950 which is totally fuckin rad. look at the size of that steering wheel.

All cab over trucks belong in this thread. They are truly awesome and only exist because of stupid American laws of the 70's. Most are gone or hidden in some old trucking company's back lot. I have seen one in the past ten years and it is sitting inside a shop's storage near my house surrounded by Mercedes of the W123 variety.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

leica posted:

Dan Wheldon's fatal crash was one of the scariest I've seen, but Geoff Bodine's crash at Daytona tops them all imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmT3gQQdJm4

Amazing that he lived through it.

I swear those trucks look like there designed to burst into flames the second they make impact? Or is it just the way the video is shot?

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

8ender posted:

It took me a while to decide but I feel like this is awesome AI car poo poo.

Chevy often looks better slammed. Trucks cars or vans.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
So after watching that video and seeing the cab fill with tire smoke when he was warming them up. I was wondering why race cars don't have fans that are aimed outward to help suck the fumes out of the cabin?

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
And in true audio fashion you have to still pull the front bumper for a tbelt. I like the odd swap but I know what a pain in the dick audi motors are

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Powershift posted:

I saw what could very well be a two story falcon

More pics? Cab over trucks tickle me in all the right places

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

I feel like these didn't make it to america. A V8 manual wagon of any make would be amazing.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Yeah I'm sorry that car just doesn't do it for me. I work with a geezer who worked for cadillac from 60something to 2009 he tells me all the caddy horror storys. And mind you he never did say anything bad about the CTS wagons just the V6 ones with the timing chain issue. But still that car is to smooth and alien bug like. I would much rather have a Nova wagon with a 6.0 and a turbo attached to a Manuel trans. But there's no good U.S. mid Ninteys V8 Manuel wagon.

clam ache fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 20, 2015

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Raluek posted:

Okay, then an LT1 Roadmaster with a T-56 swapped in. I think we even have a poster on here that did that a few years back.

See that's what I'm talking. I grew up in a Malibu wagon as a kid. Then a tracer hatchback. Most of the cars in my life have been early Ninteys boats or econoboxes. So maybe I'm biased but a manual road master wagon tickles me in all the right spots.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
:shlick: ohhhh don't stop.....

When I was in high school the automotige teacher had a student that would stop by randomly to talk, and he had a caprice wagon turned into an impala SS with a sbc. It's really what made me love loud and fast wagons.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
^I've seen yards where people just flip it on its side to get it out. I've been payed money to help flip a car and carry the trans to the desk. Or just bring a tall bottle jack and be careful lifting it.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Powershift posted:

OH MY GOD IT'S SO ADORABLE I WANNA DIE

That's gotta be under 100 inch wheelbase. I would bet the transmission is bolted straight to the rear end.

Unfffffff I live by ohare airport and have been trying my hardest to buy one of there old dodge d150 tug trucks. Tug trucks :fap:

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

88h88 posted:

I need dis

:perfect:

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Or it goes flying off and kills somebody. This awesome guy used to bring his car to my shop and knew my boss. He stopped showing up and turns out the belt snapped and killed him because he was standing in just the right spot. Rip cool dude with a blown camro/firebird thing.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Cakefool posted:

Feel free to post a picture of it then :colbert:

^^^ exactly..
That thing sucked as a Subaru. I can only imagine its worse as a lexus

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Preoptopus posted:

I drove a 72 Pontiac GTO drop top with the 400 in it today. It was not as fun as I thought it would be.

The first time I drove a singray with a 454 I was terribley unimpressed. Also didnt help I was driving and amg sedan right before either.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Holy crap those alfas. I have never loved a car soo much. That green one screams for a supercharger.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Preoptopus posted:

This made me crack up. Owners wife probably made him get it out of the garage we have a lovely cutlass (gutlass) drop top sitting in our truck bay for the same reason.

Woah there. Unless it's a 90's cutty. It's not a gutless beast. I mean i burried the needle on my old 81 307 multiple times. It even won an impromptu drag race behind the high school. I mean sure the gtp snapped its belt but I still won.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

xzzy posted:

I like how the tire still has stickers on it.

Well yeah. They haven't burned off yet from the first burn out. This is racing law with all the old guys I know who race. Race tire stickers get burned off never taken off.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Raluek posted:

Of course not, it's a Corvair Greenbriar.

Which is a million times better then an econoline. There's a 500$$ one close to me that is tempting. Glad I'm broke.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

That looks like tranny fluid on the open side. But it sure looks pretty wet under the drivers seat.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Mailbox post is out, but the rack idea is loving right on. I got 7 rods to gently caress with too.

PROJECT

Or you could use the rods and crank to make a shop dog. There super cute. I know somone who made one out of a small crank from something and it has a face an everything.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

holy crap you arent kidding that video led to one of it driving and hot drat. The cab over truck is a thing of beauty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiZJ42qySNc

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Linedance posted:

I just got sent down a weird wild rabbit hole after my friend suggested offhand that he wished Lexus made a camper van as a joke.

OMFG

Gallery slightly :nws: due to vintage '70s titties

http://imgur.com/a/dAgM4

Thanks for that. Its been a few years since I've seen tits of that vintage.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

kastein posted:

More like Geo Fetchro. They actually did a pretty passable job of it.

Yeap. Reminds me of the cavalero someone had on these forums. Cars chopped into utes are awesome.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Rhyno posted:

He sounds pretty great.

EDITED FOR CONTENT

Found on the streets of Chicago last weekend

I see that truck all the time and when i do the owner is never around. would love to see whats under the hood of that beauty.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Rhyno posted:

She was sitting inside when I took the pictures, I didn't even think to go talk to her.

Crap. There was a lady who talked to me about it before. I assumed it belonged to a mustached trustafarian. Thanks I will now hunt that thing down just to nerd about the truck.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Left Ventricle posted:

$2016 GRM Soccer Mom Challenge

Money shot:
Dustbuster van body on top of a G6

This has me unbelievably hard. In high school there was a guy that raced a white Montana van like that. No interior and the older 3800 with a SC slapped on. It was awesome watching that car beat new mustangs and any rice mobile that took the bait.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Qmass posted:

Maybe I'm just a oval office

Answered your own question there. And you have never driven or heard a real v8 I assume. Driving a v8 American muscle is like no other experience. Driving a powerful jdm is fun but there is no threat of dying or going deaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I cold name half a dozen JDM cars that will deafen you in ways no Yank V8 could even think of and also are far more scary to drive. Honestly, have you even been near a rotary race motor at close to full throttle.....?????

All the Doritos I have been around are rx8s so no. I would love to find a loud dorito but they are all v8 swapped around Chicago or not running and rusted to pieces.