Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Aurune posted:

So, this trailer showed up today...

Something awesome was inside.

It's a Agera R!

Dive planes on the front for additional downforce. They're also the same awesome blue carbon fiber the stripes on the hood are. Depending on which way you look at them, they're blue or black. Once saw a whole Veyron in this color. It's a lot cooler in small doses.

The trunk / boot upfront is VERY small. Then again, it's big enough to fit the roof or a couple of bags of press material. So if you're looking for a family car. This is not the car for you.

With crazy doors you can open next to a curb! They're high enough a normal curb won't bother you. Actual millage may vary. The doors are VERY cool. They actually have a damper in them that means they can't "slam" open. You can throw them with all your strength or loose them in a gust of wind but they won't open that hard.

Inside is hard to see. It's mostly Alcantara with a splash of leather. Very luxurious. The back wall is white leather, amazing. You can also see the "blue" side of the carbon fiber from this angle. You can also see the door release button and they key slot. The key is a proximity fob, but just in case the battery is dead, there is a hole. Was not allowed to sit inside. The car isn't mine after all.

Twin tubo V8 putting out a piddly 1170 hp. If you look to the left of the gear box, the silver you see is the floor of the car. There is NOTHING back here but engine and frame. The weird crooked bar seemingly asymmetrically placed on top of the gear box / suspension housing is actually the antiroll bar equivalent.

Holy poo poo! It's Christian von Koenigsegg. Awesome guy, really into his car and it shows. He spent a lot of time just showing us everything about the car and answering all our silly questions about it. He had a dream and went for it. I really admire that and I'd love to buy a car off him but I'm not that rich.

The cap on the left is washer fluid. It has the Koenigsegg shield on it, but the picture washed it out. The brake cooling duct is kevlar. You can also see that the harnesses for the car apparently come with it. I was also told the wheel bearings are off a helicopter as they could not find a normal car bearing that was stiff enough.

Left parked next to a Prius. Somehow fitting. You can also see the blue stripes from this angle.

Today was a awesome day.
I know this was early in the thread but holy gently caress koenigseggs are nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

angryhampster posted:

Apparently they belong to some Japanese tycoon.
Also holy gently caress I didn't know real people actually owned CLK GTRs. What's that on the top? It looks like an F40/F50

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Isn't the CLKs retail something ridiculous like a few mill too?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Nocheez posted:

How is that assault?
Since assault is feeling threatened I guess I can see it, I don't know how he won it but there you go

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

w1ntermute posted:

I had a brown wagon with flames on the front for several months. Loudest knock ever, too. Also an ignition cut switch to make huge rear end backfires.
Owns

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

NSXs are very nice

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Bang Me Please posted:

Well, some were nice until they got covered with a bunch of ugly poo poo like that one.

Others are still nice though.

Sorry that owns. Huge racing kits pretty much always own

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

That is a classy rear end interior, especially for a zonda

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Das Volk posted:

The beater Aston, the street parked R8, the Turbo some guy clearly gives no gently caress about, that's London in a nutshell. I live by Chelsea Harbour where we get to hear all the footballers roaring past in their cars. The latest set is a Gallardo LP560 which sounds glorious, and a blacked out SLS with straight pipes that sounds less than.

Hell that unreleased Aston I posted a few pages back was in the Sainsbury's carpark :v:

What exactly constitutes a beater aston? Also I like how there's a merc jeep parked infront of the rari.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Das Volk posted:

It hasn't been washed in ages, has a London borough parking permit and the subsequent little dents and scratches on it, and is only a few years old judging by the number plate :psyduck:

I mean... it's still an aston though. Astons own no matter what.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

That is absolutely gorgeous Jesus

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

What is that story with that Stockholm video? I watched the whole thing and It was just nice

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

BigHouseOfBooty posted:

they made a whole bunch after this one, honestly in the first one i dont think there were any police (just some mates in a volvo) just a driver and a car doing something that a lot of people wish they could. the ones after this one are more high risk check them out.

So instead of coolant temperature you had oil temp, neat. had to been a pain in traffic.
I think i might combine my rally dream and a 911. :unsmigghh:
Is it just a dude with a fast car driving and having fun with cameras attached to his car? That owns.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

That was sick. Is that the waste gate that's making all that noise in the Cosworth? Also that makes me want to go buy a Supra

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Puddin posted:

Oh man this pretty unmolested CRX is up for sale in my area, I wish I had a spare $6000 to buy it.

With a B18C swap already done.

180hp in 880kg.
180hp in 880kg would be very loving fast. That thing looks clean as hell too

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Lightbulb Out posted:

I thought this was the awesome AI car poo poo thread?

I love the tiny wheels on the 3rd pic.

I think that's more like a massive body kit, but those cars do own

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

When a girl demands a diamond ring from you or else she'll leave you, it's probably a good idea to just cut your losses right there

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

PopeOnARope posted:

To be honest, it's better looking in grey than it was in red, but it just seems like they've made it into a caricature of what it used to be, and I half expected them to be sold as miniatures only with the way it looked.

Really? Because it's the best looking modern corvette(since the C3 to C4 switch in design) by a mile. Actually looks like a properly stylized car.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Dinosorcerer posted:

Keeping up with the Joneses AI style. Also, my car may have snuck into the shot

Bit of back story of sorts: I drive past these every day and usually there's usually a Commodore and Falcon station wagon next to each Porsche, to add to the symmetry. I meant to get a picture for the longest time but the Porsche on the right disappeared about 2 months ago. It reappeared yesterday so I took the chance while I could.

Need more pics of your car actually.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Dinosorcerer posted:

Well, I have posted these before, but it was ages ago.

I also (perhaps foolishly?) drive this car every day.

I should have some good pictures and stories for you guys in a couple of months from this: http://www.racewars.com.au/ which I've entered (but will not win). And yes, the name is a F&F joke.

I'm normally about corners, but you don't often get a chance to go for a top speed run on an airstrip.

Here are some of the other cars that are coming along Entrants (Facebook link)

Sample:

<- If you look closely you might be able to see the turbo on this one.

Every picture in this post is sick. What kind/how much work have you done on your car and what year is it?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

If anyone watched the barrett Jackson auction last night, there were two pretty awesome AI sales.

The original bat mobile for 4.2 million, and the first production C7 for 1,050,000

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

sadnessboner posted:

Maybe you're thinking of the Figoni et Falaschi bodied Delahayes?

Jesus christ this is art

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

:stare:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Krakkles posted:

When I first saw the photo, I didn't notice the lower left edge where the other car is visible. But yes, you're right, I'm a huge human being and I should just stop posting. Thanks for pointing that out.

And yes, everyone here thought that it was from a videogame and tried to get a sweet burn on Lightbulb out! because he and Zlatan are apparently the only people in AI (other than me, I guess) who know that Lightroom, Photoshop, and polarizing filters for cameras exist.

How about instead of trying to get a sweet burn, you post some awesome AI car poo poo?

DON'T WORRY GUYS, I DON'T HAVE ANY OPINION ABOUT WHERE THIS WAS TAKEN FROM. IT MIGHT BE FROM A VIDEO GAME, I DON'T KNOW.

Relax my man. Take a walk outside. We're all friends here, until you call us all collectively stupid.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Nothing will ever freak me out as much as Sennas death. Watching that poo poo gives chills even though its probably one of the less gruesome racing deaths.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I recommend everyone watch the documentary titled Senna, it's probably one of the best documentaries I've ever seen and it's a really sad story. The season that senna passed away he was constantly insisting that the cars were extremely unsafe to drive because of how fast and uncontrollable they were and the weekend he got in his accident there were 2 other brutal crashes.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I wonder why they don't turbo the R8, it's not like they're against turbos in all their cars considering I think all the S classes are turbocharged.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Krakkles posted:

Why do you think they SHOULD turbo the R8?

There's certainly arguments for either side of it - they've already gotten 550hp out of a 5.2L (hp/L :laugh: ), it's probably marginally more reliable/simple to produce, they COULD get MORE power out of it, the turbo may translate to more/less drivability, etc.

It's an easy(relatively speaking) way to get a lot more power out of an engine.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Looks like a hot wheel, in a good way. Also the "Laferrari"(what were they thinking?) will probably look amazing in black.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Nissan race cars are by far the most awesome.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Holy poo poo. This is insane.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

a glorious hole posted:

First C7 just showed up at the GM dealership here.

Wow. The fact that you can buy something that beautiful for as cheap as it is(relatively and value speaking) means automobiles aren't in such a poo poo place as some people like to say. That's just awesome

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

YF19pilot posted:

No, found this red one parked outside the Sheetz in Hartville. I will keep an eye out for the blue one. There may or may not be a silver one running around; my brother an his boss both swear they saw the 2012 Corvette Concept drive past their shop.

(Pardon my finger in the last photo, still getting use to the new phone/camera)

Now I know where to go if I need a French wagon.

I don't know about you guys, but that thing looks gooooooood

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Motronic posted:

Did you even look at the last photo (of the rear)? It was apparently designed by a 12 year old boy.

Which has been typical for corvettes for decades. It's like they just give up for the last foot or so of the car.

Yeah I did actually look at it, and I like it a lot. Could you give me some examples of some "grown up cars" since apparently the corvette is made by children?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Boomerjinks posted:

Shhhhiiiiiii

Neo as a bird

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Terrible Robot posted:

For a minute I thought it was an interior shot of the Pantera that some crazy (is there really any other kind of Northern European?) Swede threw a Hemi into. Would you like to know (a lot) more? The website is straight out of 1999 but has a dizzying amount of information on his build and all the custom parts he designed and built for it.

Give me all the information on this vehicle immediately

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

88h88 posted:

This is beautiful.

Amazing. I wanna get this framed

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

beedeebee posted:

This is cool.

That is extraordinarily well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Plus it looks badass and sounds amazing. Who needs more of a reason than that