Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DixielandDelight
Jul 23, 2012

I HATE PINK BIKES posted:

Better tell him not to lend it to a videogame company, to not secure it properly in transport, to threaten to sue said company when the spraycan paintjob gets scratched for something that was their own fault and then to post the personal details of a girl that had nothing to do with the damage to reddit so that she (a cancer survivor) gets rape threats on her birthday. Then tell him to get trolled so hard out of reddit when the full story comes out that he has to get his girlfriend/wife to post a thread defending him.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Is this in reference to the Jurrasic Park Jeep guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DixielandDelight
Jul 23, 2012

Why are there so many? :stare:

I also like the dealership plates on that R8 :3:

DixielandDelight
Jul 23, 2012

kimbo305 posted:

Which ones could you take out?

Let me rephrase this - I know some run the cams and oil pump but what else is ran off of them?

DixielandDelight
Jul 23, 2012

God I'd have a hard time not ripping those headlight wipers off.

DixielandDelight
Jul 23, 2012

jonathan posted:

Any of the more complete lift kits come with a sway bar disconnect which is pins basically that allow you to get more flex.

The TJ Rubicon which was up until 2006 had the 4:1 transfer case, the locking diffs and the Dana 44 axles.

The JK which is 2007 has a longer and wider wheelbase, longer axle control arms (huge benefits), Gen II Dana 44 axles, and the sway bar disconnect.

I have the unlimited which is nice because I can sleep in the back with the old lady, but the wheelbase is just a little long for some situations. The XJ is the perfect wheeling length.

Now I know this ain't the Jeep thread but don't you dare tell me a JK is better than a TJ.

DixielandDelight
Jul 23, 2012
I suppose it depends on what kind of wheeling one is doing as well. For me, in east Texas, it's all about mud - no rock crawling whatsoever. Maybe a log or two but that's it. It's also a matter of principles for me. The great majority of the JKs I see look like they have never hit even the lightest trail and their owners modify them to look more like H3s - luxury and appearance over utility. Especially the new ones coming out of the factory dripping with chrome. The I6 found in TJs can also be found in the jeeps that won WWII, Korea and Vietnam. The motor in JKs literally came out of a Chrysler minivan.

Edit: we'll I don't know what I'm talking about anymore. Let me just say this: you can put your boots in the oven and call them biscuits but that doesn't make it so.

DixielandDelight fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 2, 2012

DixielandDelight
Jul 23, 2012

jonathan posted:

Me and Kastein are the AI'est people in AI. Anything someone else builds, we could drive over, if we could only get the drat things finished. That's the most AI ever.

That's it. It's done. You've peaked. You don't have to post anymore.

DixielandDelight
Jul 23, 2012

Terrible Robot posted:

Is that one of Billy Bob Thornton's cars? It is pretty drat fitting...

Billy Bob's is in Fort Worth Texas. World's biggest honky tonk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DixielandDelight
Jul 23, 2012

Sir Cornelius posted:

You can, provided that the rear is sufficiently supported. I'm a lot more skeptical about the mounting angle. He's using about half of his float-bowl volume. Christ, I'm glad I don't have to tune that thing.

Can somebody explain this to a three year old