Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I believe the correct answer is that race liveries are awesome AI poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NkdwTwBp4Y

Its just so loving well done and so wtf. I love it.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

It'd probably help if there are some Ladas and MGs there to help it. Maybe a holden or two as well.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The solution seems simple. Don't suck at driving on a track and you won't go in the gravel trap. :smug:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

All I can see is that trailer hitch and wonder what they towed with it. Also, the fiero owned, gently caress anyone who disagrees.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

T1g4h posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t26m_Q6ENo

Friend introduced me to this tonight, how am I only just finding out about this? This is AI as gently caress.

Smoke a shitload of weed before, during and after watching. Trust me on this.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

cursedshitbox posted:

8Ns are super easy to get parts for. they're great little tractors.

We've got a semi-regular customer who had one on his farm he was tinkering with. He was a tad bit surprised to see us find a generator for it in under 5 minutes. :haw:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

InitialDave posted:

Meanwhile, in the UK:

Are you going to tell the queen no?

Also, I wonder if a president would still be allowed to do a track day or something. Ideally a road rally with a secret service agent acting as co-driver. And when they hit the horn while going over crests, the battle hymn of the republic plays!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Oh hey, my boss and one of my coworkers was at that today. I got a few pictures texted to me. Some good looking cars there.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

But where is the oil leak? :confused:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

:awesome:

God drat, really wanna know if that thing can push 800hp with that flat four like it talks about in the article.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The juke would look 100% better without those stupid top lights. Its still in the category of cars that are terrible, but I want anyways.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The LS and LT motors laugh in the face of fancy dohc motors. :colbert:

Edit: Also holy gently caress, why would anyone willingly buy a 3 valve mod motor? When there are over $1000 in tools just for all the different ways you can have a spark plug change gently caress up, thats the point I say no.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Godholio posted:

Because he rents a house in a National Trust neighborhood, which exists solely for people to come and appreciate the view. If I bought land in front of a scenic overview, or a monument, and built a wall in front of it to ruin the view, I'd be a dick, too. Buying THAT car was a dick move that he was completely within his rights to do.

But anyway, he now has a grey car so apparently that's un-garish enough to have alleviated the problem.

Edit: I'm curious where everyone else in the neighborhood parks their cars.

And thats really an excuse for him to have the windows smashed out of his car and have move carved into the hood? The man bought a car in a fun and interesting color. He should be applauded, not loving vandilized.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

IronDoge posted:

The Lancer Evo will make a comeback! Someday... :negative:

As another crossover. Also, the new eclipse is a 2.4 turbo awd crossover vehicle with optional diesel. Mitsubishi is just expertly trolling its fanbse.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 26, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

An all black GN or GNX still manages to have a respectable street presence through sheer malevolence. We've got 2 GNs, A turbo t-type and a true GNX here in town. All in black and they most definately grab your attention and hold it. Its not supposed to be pretty, its an underground pit fighter and it excells at that.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

There is no :kimchi: big enough. Dude is on the verge of tears in a few of those pictures.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVP52r3Fs7U/

Not sure how to grab images off the instagram app, so heres a link instead. Bonus awesome points for all the people gnashing their teeth about it being a honda motor in an old mopar.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Its probably taken from options in europe, because it doesn't list the motor for my 6.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Because they could. And aston are weird about their badge.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

InitialDave posted:

Technically we pinched green from the Irish, both to commemorate the relevant 1903 race being held there, and because all our flag's constituent colours had been claimed by someone else.

Actually, red was originally America's colour.

Yeah, then we got stuck with dark blue with white stripes and the italians took our glorious red. You thought us invading them first in ww2 was some big tactical thing? Nah, we just wanted to kick their rear end for taking red race cars from us.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The transfer case in the astros is also close to what was shipped in the syclone. Just sayin.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Gonna post a thing that came into work today, because I know this is AI's collective fetish. (And mine.)

1970 Ford Falcon on a bronco frame thats been stretched 11 inches. :flashfap:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Its a falcon in 1970, torino in 1971. This is a 1970, so its a falcon. :v:

Either way, its badass.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Not if you go for the double dutch rudder.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Yeah, but would you really say ken is normal? Completely whacked out? Not really. Normal? Normal people don't have a 5 ton and half a jeep scrapyard in their northern wasteland of a yard.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

They also made the rifles for the japanese military iirc. I really want one after finding that out.

Also, the company is named for mr matsuda (sic?), not the zoroastrian god. However given zoroastrianism is generally accepted to be where we got our concept of heaven and hell, it does seem appropriate. When it works, they're heavenly. When they break, fixing them is hell.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

xzzy posted:

drat, he needs to take that thing out at night and get someone to photograph it with flames shooting out of the hood.

The Locator posted:

Crossposting from the YouTube thread, because this car is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg6L_7qLIEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9-1PoYv2Y4
The 2nd newest daily transmission has them talking about stuff with that shoot and video of ken roasting marshmallows on said flames at night!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Bugatti was smugging about the chiron doing 0-400kmph-0 in 42 seconds. Christian von Konigsegg did it in 36 seconds with 2/3rds the power. Every time bugatti smugs about something, konigsegg punches then in the dick.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Its a combination of how sideways you can get/ how long you can hold it, while maintaining a certain line through the corner with someone trying to hang his nose 3" from your door as he chases you. And then turning right around and doing it with the other guy leading. Its trying to perfectly control something that is normally uncontrolled. Its a ballet in the middle of a car crash.

Mothafukken skid racing breh.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Nah,, looks like a catalytic converter. You can kinda see the heat shielding around it.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

xzzy posted:

My dad has a yellow two door hornet. I came home from the hospital in it and that could well have been the last time it was running because I have no memories of it other than being in a storage lot. :v:

He keeps saying he's gonna get it back on the road, so we'll see. Probably gonna end up being like Toretto's Charger.

Every time he rebuilds it, he flips it again?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Dagen H posted:

KOWALSKI :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVXIK1xCRpY

Yeaaaah buddy.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

KakerMix posted:

two hundred and eighty four miles per hour

goddamn

Wonder what Bugatti is doing

Being very quiet since lately every time they brag about a record, Koenigsegg pokes them in the eye. They bragged about doing 0-400-0 in 40 someodd seconds in mid september on their fancy test track. 2 weeks later Koenigsegg did it on a decommissioned runway in crappy shape in the mid 30s. Bugatti stopped bragging about that spec immediately after. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Either the 2.0 crate or a 2.3 out of a mustang.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Uhhh... I'm not an expert, but thats alotta sparks that don't seem like they should be there. :catstare:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The forzathon events in game hand out cars, credits and wheelspins like crazy, then the wheelspins hand out even more cars and credits. Making creds really isn't hard end game if you're running races regularly. I've been slowly buying up most of the horizon edition cars in the game, I think I've got 2/3rds of them at this point. What I've spent on the popular ones probably could have bought a pacer x at this point tbh. I've beaten most of the main game and am slowly working my way through the expansions while working out tuning stuff and trying to make a tune that goes against the conventional (in game/online) wisdom of anything dedicated to goin' fast must have awd. Shaving 10-15 seconds off a lap time by fixing up a tune is fun. (Even if it is goliath and takes ~12 seconds in the cars I'm running.)

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I'm a big loving nerd so if I'm just building a gently caress around car I'll use the actual ratios from a T56 and real-life rear end options. My Nova SS in FM6 had a 3.42:1 rear and close-ratio T56 gears.

Its ok, the FC Turbo IIs I made in horizon 3 all use the trans ratios from a S2 RX-8 and the diff ratio from a S1 RX-8. 3 of the 4 FCs in my garage use that (the exception is the twerk stallion which is t56 and s5 turbo II numbers) and the FD does as well. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

A thought, lets make a seperate thread for forza shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Edit: Derp

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Mar 4, 2018