Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002
Metro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002

Preoptopus posted:

The only way I will ever like a VW.

Functional and somehow non jarring turn signals at the top of front wheel fenders would complete this creation.

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002
I would if I could. Spotted this bad boy S63 AMG in Yorkville (Toronto) today. I was going to post this in the "Terrible" thread, but the more I think about it, the more "Awesome" it is.

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002
I've had a genuine 3.0 CSL drive by me out of the blue in a middle of the city many years ago and knowing exactly what it was, religious experience doesn't even begin to describe it. I have to say that I have been also lucky enough to walk by a randomly parked on the side of a street 507 and... that design is so sublime. BMW used to make such nice looking cars. drat you modern safety standards.

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002
So I saw a thing today:

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002
Holy poo poo the thing is tiny! (Found it parked outside my office today)

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002
Saw this beauty of a Buick today.

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002
Bristol!

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002
Hemi V8 :911: powered air raid siren :fap:

quote:

Its six horns were each 3 feet (0.9 m) long. The siren could be heard from a distance of 20 to 25 miles (32 to 40 km) away and had an output of 138 dBC (30,000) watts. They were 12 feet (3.7 m) long, built atop a quarter section of a Dodge truck chassis rail, and weighed an estimated 3 short tons (2.7 t).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_air_raid_siren

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002
This summer, the organization that I work for was donated a custom ZL1 Camaro to raffle off in support of prostate cancer research.

The car is a one off 2013 ZL1 as such it has a custom paint job by Ron Gibbs, custom wheels, and custom interior with signatures of Paul Tracy, Ron Fellows, Alex Tagliani, Scott Goodyear and Richard Spenard on the dashboard. It was built to celebrate TADA (Trilium Automotive Dealer Association) 40th anniversary to be put on display of the Toronto International Auto Show which is what they organize. After the auto show TADA generously decided to donate the car to our organization.

So then it began, the crazy summer of 2013 where we applied for a lottery license, decided to sell raffle 10,000 tickets at $20 apiece and started trucking the 580HP monster Camaro across Ontario from ribfests to ribfests, from one mall to another mall, from car show to car show and slug it out every weekend and most work days. It was truly a great effort from a complement of staff that is quite small and had never done anything like this before.

We first displayed the car at the Toronto BCE place at their exotic car show:

Here is the interior.

This Sunday we were at the Cruisin' for a Cure car show in Brampton that's organized by a fantastic prostate cancer survivor by the name of Jim Dorsey for 7 years in a row now. We had the car there symbolically as we actually sold out the Raffle past Friday to our amazement - two weeks before the draw!

The details of the paint job are amazing - it's actually hard to photograph as the purple on black is so subtle.

I love how the purple ends with checkerboard pattern at the tail end of the car.

There were 461 cars in attendance of the event, particular standouts include this insane twin turbocharged Camaro SS with a wide body kit and custom front end.

The gentleman who owns it also has a charity car rally every year called Tim and Brenda's Place: http://www.timandbrendasplace.com where he raises money for prostate cancer and other great causes.

This is another of his cars that he brought in to the show - custom 59 Impala with side exhausts, hydraulics and well pretty much most insane everything about it I have ever seen.

Unfortunately working the events doesn't allow me much opportunity to walk around and take many pictures but if you wish, I can post some other ones taken by my colleagues.

The great thing is that this crazy Camaro has allowed us to raise close to $200,000 for prostate cancer research. Having sold out early only made everything sweeter and it allows us breathe a sigh of relief that we succeeded at something we never though be possible.

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

The 507 is the most beautiful car ever built imo. Shame there wasn't loads of them.

The first time I saw one in real life was when it was casually parallel parked between other cars in front of a post office in a small town in CT that I used to live in. The thing is TINY! I was amazed that such a rare beauty was driven about and left unattended.

Few years later through a string of coincidences I was lucky to have been driven in a bunch of Z8s and my 507 sighting always made me appreciate them so much more.

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002
Caught this clean little gem in Toronto today. Late 60's F150 "Ranger" edition.

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002
It doesn't need an engine. It's powered by its own sense of self-satisfaction.

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002

MrYenko posted:

Saw this on my way to work today:

Sorry for the poor photos, he was doing ~45mph in the left lane, and I wasn't going to gently caress traffic up even worse to get pictures.

Jeez! The last time I saw a dually Toyota pickup was in fact Florida, something like 1996

Content:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002