Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

MrYenko posted:

The 700R4 was fine in Monte Carlo’s and Camaros and the like, even a Caprice. But they were decidedly underkill for a 5,300lb truck with a V8. It’s telling that GM replaced it in those applications with the Turbo 400-based 4L80E.

As was mentioned, only if you got a big block. Small-block GMT400s made do with the 4L60E through the end.

And how lovely/under-spec is the 4L60E? Our '97 L31/4L60E Suburban blew the transmission to bits at 40k miles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Humphreys posted:

I'm normally posting old vids, but today I get to say: NEW VIDEO!

Come for "using a Jeep clutch master cylinder as a break master cylinder"

Stay for "with new plugs you have to check the gap, (looks) and yup it has one"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePU-O2AtO5Q

This guy's whole channel is :sickos: poo poo like this, it's amazing. There aren't many youtubers where I'll go through and watch the back catalog but this one is worth it.