Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

TooLShack posted:

Sock & Miata

Thanks toolshack. Page one, post two. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Olivil posted:

The only car who come close to the Singer Porsches when we talk about details in my opinion is the ICON Bronco.

Where the gently caress are the details of it? A side shot with some syf0n close ups doesn't tell me the whole story here.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Q_res posted:

Canadian maybe?

No.

You'd probably be looking at German cars.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Celica GTO wins that list of cool cars.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Caught this on the way home. What is it? (besides awesome)

My passenger took the pictures...:tinfoil: :canada:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Thanks. I'm not familiar with the older non-Japanese stuff and he had removed the visible badges.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

grover posted:

I'm wondering if a 2013 V6 corolla could drive off the dealer's lot...

Probably not without a big stack of cash and waiting for the boys to finish up the engine swap.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Toucan Sam posted:

I want a set of those wheels in 18" for my car. I always run into a dead end searching for them, they look like the soft eights cragar makes. I had them on my old truck. I'd even take a 16" and put a bigger tire on them.

Diamond Racing wheels? They'll make them in any offset/bolt pattern you want.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

muike posted:

Someone post that crazy rear end 80's one, that's the best dash.

I guess it has been a while since Matlab1988 posted about his Subaru XT :v:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

'80s/'90s TRD is one of the best color schemes, and I love that Toyota is bringing it back.

:ssh: that's going to be my MR2's livery.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Sir Cornelius posted:

I'm pretty sure that it's not.

I like his a bit more to be honest. That is ehhh...

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
To all you HOA home owners, this was done in a townhouse complex parking lot :canada:.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Chop parts out of her then pull them out and replace them with newer parts in the company of other men?

I like to cut mine up into large chunks and then put it in front of the house.

People always drive by looking for scraps.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
A friend of mine uploaded this pic of his Jeep to FB:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

DefaultPeanut posted:

What mode of failure will that eventually lead to? The leaf setup will (I assume) allow the axle to deflect more or less in a straight line. Where as the anti wrap bar will act like a swingarm under deflection and will want to make the axle travel in an arc between full compression and full extension. Leading to ripped / broken mounts or terrible rear suspension behavior. That is my guess - someone with more suspension knowledge can chime in and make more sense.

I have no idea on truck poo poo, so figured you boys would fill me in on wtf was going on there.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Just make sure all your tracks are the same brand and have roughly the same wear. :v:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Thumposaurus posted:

Maybe I should have put it in the terrible stuff thread.

I think this is a perfect example of why the cell-phone thread was so perfect. The poster didn't have to select which of two polar opposites the image fit into and then hope the masses agree with their choice.

Good for the, "saw this today, :wtf: is it" and quasi-rare cellphone shots that aren't wallpaper worthy for this thread.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

I follow him on YouTube and FB. I enjoy his work. :)

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Seat Safety Switch posted:

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/12/subaru-leone

Subaru Leone with an EJ22T closed-deck block, STI v8 heads, twin scroll turbo with the world's priciest Full-Race header, STI 6-speed drivetrain behind it.

Rear subframe must've been a bitch.

He's only two hours away. I have to head out to some Toronto area Subaru events sometime. :dance:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

jonathan posted:

It was 1996 and I thought NOFX was a good band.

I sometimes put on, "The Decline" on my phone so I don't have to change songs while washing up the dishes. :unsmith:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

ultimateforce posted:

And that is why we were stuck with the piece of poo poo BP and FS-DE combination for so long in actual Mazda cars.

The FS is a huge pile of poo poo.

The BP wasn't that bad. Sorry it's no SR20 for you, but it provides reliable fun for many years with great mod-ability.

Now if only Mazda could build a transmission that would take piles of power... :allears:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Thought you were more of a Nissan fan in general since we don't normally see a lot of Mazdas at your place anymore.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Should have went with a KLZE turbo like a local gentleman has

Edit: forgot to quote cursedshitbox's BP swapped Festiva

Sockington fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 11, 2013

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

cursedshitbox posted:

In a sick way I like the painted DMC-12.

This is a friends Ford Festiva he's currently putting together.
Said Festiva has a miata 1.8 BP engine.
Said Festiva also retains the factory power steering and air conditioning.

It looks totally boring and bland until you lift the hood.

His old BP Festiva looked like rear end but it was quite fun to drive.

This.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Fucknag posted:

- it's most obvious in larger motors, which is why you generally don't see 4-pots over 2.3L on a regular basis, 3L being the upper limit from what I remember.

:science:

Agreed.

Some none-balance shaft big bore 4bangers that come to mind;
- Nissan KA24E /KA24DE (2.4L SOHC / DOHC)
- Subaru EJ25 (2.5L SOHC) (edit, it was early and I was just thinking *hurr 4cylinders*)

Definitely well refined engines when vibrations and noises are considered. :3:

Sockington fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Feb 9, 2013

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Edit: hahaha, it was a late night with the kids :(

rscott posted:

Didn't Porche put a 3.0L I4 in the 944? How did they keep that thing from shaking itself apart?

Balance shafts.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

tbb9 posted:

I'm pretty sure the 2.3 in my ranger doesn't have balancing shafts and that's what separates it from the 2.3s in the Mazda3s

The 2.3 in your Ranger is based in the 70s Pinto Lima block. They even punched that unrefined mess out to 2.5L.

The 2.3 in the Mazda is a completely different motor.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Came across some Tornado action today.

Edit: \/\/\/ haha, phone post :v:

Sockington fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

some texas redneck posted:

He was very close to his dad and doesn't want to ever get rid of it, nor make any major changes. Just wants to improve upon what's already there.

I hear that. :sympathy: