Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Golf Carts have plates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Ferremit posted:

Thats gotta be asking for trouble...

Seriously. That guy's rate of being pulled over just shot up by 300%.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

BlackMK4 posted:

edit: Also, timg-ing pictures makes poo poo load slower than actually having the full size image. By far. Try scrolling through the big timg posts on the last page in Chrome and watch your browser choke, it goes away the second you scroll into the full size pictures in the next post.

The gently caress is going on here? Why is that on the Dragon going the wrong way?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Motronic posted:

I have no idea, but that picture screams to me: closed course. Not knowing exactly where he is, that could be a reasonable line to take through those corners.

It's Tail of the Dragon in North Carolina and as far as I recall they don't close it off from public traffic but I could be wrong.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

BlackMK4 posted:

They close it for the Chasing the Dragon Hillclimb. It's closed in that picture.

Did not know that. Thank you for educating me.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
drat orphans ruin it for everyone.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Bang Me Please posted:

Japanese man owns Porsche 962C and street drives it like a badass.
http://vimeo.com/50473835

I know nothing about Japanese regulations but how the hell would you make that road legal? I thought Japan had some of the toughest vehicular regulations in the world.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

GTi_guy posted:

From last weeks exotic cars and coffee.

Crossposted from the Craigslist thread because Slidebite mentioned it would be his dream garage. As I said there, it's like my childhood dream, just grainier.

This little fella was a gorgeous 2 owner, 30k km 6 speed coupe in my favorite color combo.

Screw the 360, any info on that Fiat 126?!

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Toucan Sam posted:

Put a battery in this one a couple years ago.

That photo is so American I'm surprised there's not a Bald Eagle and a set of truck nuts somewhere in there.

God it's purdy. :hawaaaafap:

travisray2004 fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Oct 13, 2012

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Damnit! I want that so badly!

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

jonathan posted:

I'm in Bro Truck capital. Grande Prairie, AB. In my defense though, I don't have a bro truck and I am AI as it can get.

Diesel powered, AWD wagon with a 5-speed?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Phone posted:

I'm not sure if this should go in the terrible thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWKM0aX1D-g

drat, I absolutely love the cabin and rear end of this vehicle. Wish the rear end would have carried over to production.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
They both look so happy. :haw:

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
I wouldn't call it stupid but it's pretty corny.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
I'm assuming that's not the main key? Because that's got to be a giant pain in the rear end to carry around. Then again if you can afford a Huayra then your butler probably takes care of that.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

grover posted:

If you lose it, it turns into a robot crab and runs back home to you. If stolen, it will relentlessly attack the thief.

No need for it to attack; all you need to do is lob it at their skull.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

VikingSkull posted:

Yeah, I can see why you'd think that. Most of the trophy style trucks have midengine setups to balance weight. You wouldn't want to jump over 300 feet and be nose heavy.

How'd he get under the lights? :psyduck:

I think it's just the angling that makes it look taller than the lights.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

yay new thread!

...yeah I'm a little late to the party.
That's definitely in the wrong thread but bad shops aside; the rest is gorgeous.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

MetaJew posted:

Uhh, that's a real car. The headlights remind me of the Alfa Montreal.

Holy poo poo. Foot in my mouth. With the comically over-sized grill I thought it was a bad shop of a Montreal.

travisray2004 fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 19, 2012

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Viggen posted:

Think about it a second - what colors are various stages of rust? He's not putting ANY effort into the build, whatsoever. :colbert:

hahahaha. I beg to differ; those jorts were mighty effective at drawing attention to his build.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Cage posted:

Do they even make ads like that anymore, where they spend a few paragraphs talking about the car?

I think they stopped that practice in the mid-late 90s. I miss it. :(
It was fun to read even the Chevy Astro ads.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

djdanno13 posted:

Little late from the other jacked up cars, but I thought this Hillman was awesome.

I would drive the poo poo out of that. Did you take the photo?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

djdanno13 posted:

Yeah I did, almost two years ago now with a 1.4mp cell phone camera. I think it turned out pretty well considering the phone and I just happened to be at the gas station with a nasty summer storm rolling in.

Edit: Since we're on a new page and we have a lack of pics so far, figured I'd throw in a couple I took much more recently at "Day at the Drags" down by Austin.

Both of these are amazing and I'd love to experience riding in them.

Cat Terrist posted:

Okay so here the other cars from the uncle's funeral. Again, no idea what they are apart from old Fords and yes they were all restored by him.

Your uncle requested all of his cars be present at his funeral? Sounds like the world is now missing one awesome man.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Sockington posted:

I follow him on YouTube and FB. I enjoy his work. :)

I love Nino's AE86 and started following him after the GT86 review.
Your comment made me check his Z out and I found this audio/video orgasm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfaC0YIU26k

travisray2004 fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 7, 2012

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
hahaha I love the discrepancy between the two donor models for that vehicle.

"You can choose between a Boxster.....or an Aveo."

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

I knew I've seen that somewhere before. Both are ugly as sin IMO.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Sagebrush posted:

125 in a 55...so that's basically 200 in a 90. 110km/h over the limit. In Ontario, 50 or more over is an instant 30-day license suspension, roadside vehicle impoundment, mandatory court appearance and $10,000 fine. Then add whatever criminal penalties the judge chooses to add, and the cost of getting your license back and paying through the nose for insurance if indeed you are insurable at all.

:canada:

The first time my friends and I went to Toronto we read one of those signs on the highway (think it was the 401?). Have yet to speed in Canada.
Just out of curiosity, what are your DUI laws like?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

anonumos posted:

I broke 100 mph in my Hyundai Elantra "Blue" tonight and it was the most exhilarating thing I've ever done. I wanna be a race car driver now.

Did this thread inspire you?

JuanChai posted:

X-posting from my HK thread...

Now there's something you don't see every day. Caught a glimpse of this car a couple of times on the same night about a year ago and just couldn't get a shot of it. Well, that was rectified today!

I'm not usually too big on utes, but I would dd the poo poo out of that!

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

grover posted:

Which an impact wrench, of course!

There's a wheeled jack under the car that lifts the wheel off the ground; let them set world records for non-stop endurance driving from California to NYC and back to California without ever stopping, and then later Alaska to Mexico City, without stopping. One guy would shimmy out on the sideboard, while another climbs on the hood and sets up the plywood platform on the wheel that needs changing. The guy on the hood then climbs down to the plywood and changes the tire just like you normally would, only the car is still moving at 25mph. They refueled in a similar fashion. Safety was apparently not much of a concern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT8azxnVAC4&t=390s

No offense to anyone else but I have to say this is the coolest thing posted in this thread. I was blown away watching that video.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Best craigslist encounter ever!

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Where the hell do you live that already has that much snow?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Yeah that definitely seems like a waste of a perfectly good 850.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
True enough. Especially when it you own or work at a junk yard.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Jesus Christ. The weight distribution on that thing.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

veedubfreak posted:

What? Someone is putting a Honda engine in a vette?

It says right above the pictures it's not an actual swap. They just dropped the LS2 and then dropped the body on a Honda motor for the photo.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
I have to say that while I respect the R8 for what it is and what it brings to the table, the styling has never made me drool like it does for many others. Although, I have yet to see one in person.

E:From an aesthetic standpoint. The engine(s) totally give me stiffness.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

......why?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
That is too sick. Tell me that it's going to have the hood scoop on it when it's done.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

SyHopeful posted:

Can you see this?

http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=3804709151473

E: It's my friend's project. Originally he gutted the Neon and swapped in the drivetrain from an old nonturbo Impreza. Custom fabbed mounts all around as well as a custom driveshaft tunnel to make the Subaru bits fit. He drive it like that for quite some time, then came across some STi bits. Been a while since I last heard the specs, but it's a 2.3L destroked boxer with low compression (in the 7:1 range) and running about 20psi on...stock STi turbo? I'll have to ask, haha.

:aaaaa: That is the coolest Neon ever! If you don't mind me asking, would you happen to know how many hours and $$ he's invested into that thing? Did he have a Neon shell and knew of someone with a scrapped STi or how'd the whole thing come about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Wonder how much that entire conversion costs.

travisray2004 fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Mar 11, 2013