Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ACEofsnett posted:

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/all-lots.cfm?SaleCode=TB12

So, this guys insanely eclectic collection is coming up for sale.. Including 6 or so 323 GTX's, a couple of skylines, some familias, even a four door turbo 323...

(All images my hosting)

Holy CRAP. Who owned this estate and had soo many random cars/motorcycles/everything? Also, what are the odds that any of these cars will fire up without some sort of issue?

This guy willing brought a lot of R32's and Pulsar's over knowing he couldn't drive them... :psyduck:

edit: this is blowing my mind

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MiniFoo posted:

Well, drive them on the street. They could be used for racing purposes.

Also, I am so goddamn tempted to bid on one of those Familia GT-Rs. I don't give a gently caress if it has a roll cage, just GIVE IT TO ME.

[edit] One of them has km/h on the speedo and the "Real Time AWD" trim, but 323 on the back and is LHD. :psyduck:
[edit] Two of them, actually :psypop:

My friend and I are thinking of going up there and checking out the R32's. Buy one and make it a track car. You don't ahve to do any legalizing or federalizing if you're just going to use it on the track, correct?

Content:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MiniFoo posted:

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/live-auction.cfm?SaleCode=TB12

That crazy huge New Hampshire auction is currently going on right now. A one-off BMW racecar just sold for six figures, and as I type this, a Lancia roadster is bidding at $170,000.

They pulled a bunch of the interesting stuff, like the two intact Skylines and all the Familia GT-Rs (the GTX is still there though :unsmith:).

[edit] EVERY SINGLE 323 WENT FOR loving PENNIES AAAAAAAAARGH gently caress YOU NEW HAMPSHIRE :argh:

My friend and I were going to go up for the day and buy a Skyline, however the nice auction lday called to inform us the day before that the Guv'ment had seized all the Skylines :(

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

This is the most beautiful thing I have seen all week.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Cat Terrist posted:

On the other hand, have a look at the death rate for anyone trying to beat the water speed record. Ken Warby's record has held for what.... 35 years? Anyone who's gone close has died.

quote:

With an approximate fatality rate of 85% since 1940, the record is one of the sporting world's most hazardous competitions.

This is absolutely fascinating. :stare:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

kastein posted:

Moments before impacting a rather large rock.

Photos of said rock impact?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

:black101:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Bob NewSCART posted:

Also holy gently caress I didn't know real people actually owned CLK GTRs. What's that on the top? It looks like an F40/F50

It's an F40 Competizione. Stupid light, stupid fast. Supremely awesome.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

VikingSkull posted:

If he owns both, and both are real, that's 20% of the worlds stock of F40C's. I wonder if one (or both) are the two badged F40LM before the remaining 8 were built as C's.

Or are they normal F40's rebuilt as LM/C's?

Either way, it's a few million dollars. Each, probably.

e- if I had to guess the blue one is a rebuilt F40 that he drives, the silver one being either an LM or C based on the fact that it still has plastic wrap on the seats.

I don't know what the full story is, but I do know that I'd straight up kill anyone to have that car.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

...is the guy leaning on the car seriously holding a Playboy?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Captain McAllister posted:

I'd drive the poo poo out of it. Daily.

That's the only way it would let you drive it.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
That Pagani interior is amazing, but how they make the Hyura is even cooler.

Now post more god drat pictures of awesome AI poo poo. Exhibit A:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DILLIGAF posted:

Out of all the cars you posted, I most want to drive this one. I would trade both of my 4-wheel vehicles for a wide-bodied, hot hatch like that.

The only other car I'd rather drive that that one is the 250 GTO.

ColdPie posted:

I assume you're talking about this excellent video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6L-j6s9OPU

Yup, that's the video :)

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Stop spergin' about top speeds in poo poo boxes and post more god drat awesome AI poo poo.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Umm yea, I'm just going to leave this here... :hawaaaafap::gizz:

A Sprint Blue B8 S4 Avant

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Sagebrush posted:

the magazine for the modern man
HIM
CARS AND GIRLS

The French certainly do know how to do these things.

also

:crossarms:

:fap:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

angryhampster posted:

That is excellent! Makes you wonder what the next generation of car guys (and gals) is gonna be like.

With all the computers and technology being implemented into cars today, they will be nerds.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Holy poo poo, this thread gets derailed way too often over stupid stuff. Shut up and post more loving awesome AI pictures.

I think the thread needs a new rule: every post must have a photo.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

WTFBEES posted:

Hey, that's funny. This track opened in 2003. It was closed from 2004-2010 due to noise complaints.

Now you may look at it on a map and think it's pretty close to that neighborhood to the south. Then scroll a bit to the north and notice Luke loving Airforce Base. Apparently people that live in the area have no problem putting up with a dozen squadrons of F-16s, but a few race cars from time to time is entirely unacceptable.

Because people are assholes and apparently have nothing better to do.

In reality, they were probably told to gently caress off with their complaints about the noise coming from the Air Force Base, and decided to then re-target their noise complaints where it would do something: the race track that is without question quieter than an Air Force Base.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

drgitlin posted:

And people think we should bring back Group B!

We absolutely should. It was one of the best classes of racing competition this world has ever seen. Think about how much faster those cars would be with today's technology; they would make the 80's Group B cars look like they were moving in reverse.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
To me this story is VERY awesome and pretty AI.

On sunday my friend and I were discussing car compliments from random people and got onto the subject of how neat it would be to get a compliment from a police officer...a day later I got my first COPliment.

My car for reference:

So I pull up to a gas pump at my favorite local watering hole, hop out and start doing all the credit card bullshit with the gas pump. I'm about to pick my octane when I notice a police cruiser pull up in front of my car. I glance over and the cop had rolled down his window and goes, "Nice Imola." I was soo shocked, my face went from this: to this: and I immediately blurt out, "You know what this is?! That's awesome!"

So we end up bullshitting for a solid 10 minutes about my car and his (turns out he has a silver B5 S4), what coilovers I'm running because he's thinking of getting a set for his car, and what exhaust I have, if its tuned, that he knows Rich from European Performance Labs and so on and so forth. Turns out to be a really cool guy and he also owns an E90 M3. So he leaves because he got a call from dispatch, which means I can actually pump my gas now.

I fill the car up and and screwing the gas cap back on and when I look up to walk around to the drivers side of the car, the cop has come back and is just sitting there next to me. I was a bit shocked so I go, "Hey man, whats up?" He leans over and goes, "Listen I didn't want to leave but I had to respond to a call. I really wanted to follow you out of here and listen to the ASP exhaust!" My face has to look this dumb: I literally could not believe what I heard. So he says that he hasn't heard an ASP exhaust and that he wanted to follow me down the road for a minute to hear it. So we pull out of the gas station and I rip through 1st gear.

Now, I couldn't see in the cop car so I can't 100% confirm this part, but I'm pretty sure this is an accurate reenactment of what went on in his cop cruiser when I wrung out 1st: So the cop pulls up next to me, give me a thumbs up and a honk and took off.

Consider my mind blown in the most awesome way possible.

Bonus photo of cop's M3

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Tusen Takk posted:

PERKULE
This is also from a site like The Onion but still pretty funny.

That's absolutely hysterical.

Measly Twerp posted:

Hobo rally, I'd watch it.

This is absolutely awesome.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
That Bugatti-Beetle thing is pretty awesome :haw:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I don't check this thread daily to see how much it derails, I check it for awesome AI stuff.

Honestly, I think this thread needs a rule that every post must have a pic.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Carteret posted:

I love the lack of any and all restraining equipment. People were made differently back then. I don't see where the driver could store his massive balls in that cockpit.

I don't think I've read anything quite as funny as this in a LONG time. Thank you for this.

VikingSkull posted:

Geoff Bodine was very lucky in that crash, because he never really landed on the roof after the cage was shredded, or was hit while upside down. He should have died in all honesty, it might have been the worst racing crash I've ever seen where the driver lived.

Here's the crash if anyone has never seen it.

That man shouldn't be alive. :stare: He is so lucky.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Ahh, Group B :allears:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

88h88 posted:

I never even knew this thing existed, a lightweight E-type?

That looks BEAUTIFUL.

Preoptopus posted:

Will you all shut the gently caress up and post some content for the thread?

Thank god I'm not the only one who feels that way.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Playing paintball using 2 Audi RS4 Avants, that's pretty AI and supremely awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxhif43pLJ0

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

noseheavy.jpg

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Paul Boz_ posted:

What's the problem again?

That car is loving sick and anyone that doesn't agree has lost the little kid inside of them.

I loving LOVE the 360CS. Probably the only "modern" Ferrari I'd purchase (aside from a 355), and definitely the only way I'd buy a 360.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Octopus Magic posted:

I wish Ferrari would make more of a F40-ish raw deal kind of car again.

You can't top the greatest supercar of all time.

One can dream though :allears:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
This is absolutely amazing and I need one in my life. It's the prettiest of the GT40's :allears:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Holy poo poo, is that a legit Mk.3 GT40?

Sure is!

Am I the only one sperging over this? It's unbelievable.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

glyph posted:

NOnonono, THIS is how you drive a Porsche around the ring:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTGvHskGKI4

That car is insanely twitchy to drive, this guy has some massive balls.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
So I met one of my Hero's today....

Literally 1 of 2 cars that I need/want in life, the other being an F40 (or a 250 GTO).

I saw the hood/bumper in my rear view while I was on an exit ramp and could not believe what was actually coming up behind me.

Never in a million years would I have thought I'd see one in the flesh, let alone driving in real life on a road. He described driving it as, "Like a truck, except when it gets past 4k it's like the Millennium Falcon."

Best. Description. Ever.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I saw an old thing while driving home from work:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Backov posted:

One of the very first Test Drive (maybe NFS, can't remember) games you had a choice between the 959 and F40, if I recall correctly.

The F40 would (just barely) beat the 959 pretty consistently.

The F40 is the best super car ever. :colbert:

edit: Yes, I do love the 959 but I just prefer the F40 that much more. I love how technology packed the 959 is, even for today. But I especially love how raw of a car the F40 is.

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 3, 2013

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

G-Mach posted:

The Ur-Quattro is my favorite Audi.

That's a sport quatto! :eng101:

That actual car has something like 700hp and weighs in at maybe slightly more than a unicorn poop. It was also converted from a regular UrQuattro to a sport quattro. I want to do that conversion one day :allears:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
So this looks pretty awesome :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

I love to imagine how amazing Group B would have been (not that it isn't amazing to start) if it didn't get cancelled and Ferrari got the GTO into a couple of races as they had planned. :allears: