Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

That engine is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Bojanglesworth posted:

You definitely don't see a clean Type R often. Nice find!

Not a Type-R. Four lug wheels give it away.

Edit with a picture:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Bojanglesworth posted:

The 96-97 JDM DC2 ITR is 4x114.3

Next time you think you know something you should probably check your facts first, instead of making a stupid rear end incorrect statement. Those wheels are even from a JDM Type R. Perhaps you should move to a different section of the forums.

I was assuming by the scenery that he was in the US. Perhaps you should chill out over one possibly-but-not-necessarily-incorrect statement.

BLACKMK4 Where are you located?

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Aug 29, 2012

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

First time I've ever watched a video mouth agape.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

This is my friend JB's Camaro.

It has something weird hanging off the back.

And a weird intake.

I am part of the "pit crew" for this monster. It's really just a couple of friends who don't get paid in money to go help another friend race his machine.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

IOwnCalculus posted:

Is that a former-T-top car or just extreme lightening? Roof looks funny to me above the door for some reason.

It is a T-top car with extreme lightening. It's got a fiberglass roof panel. It also has a section of the weather-stripping cut out of the factory body and a separate piece on the window. We are still having trouble getting down to minimum weight, and might have to weigh in with a half tank of gas and half a passenger "seat" (required in the class rules) to get closer. As it sits the car weighs 3025lb with driver and fluids, and makes north of 1100 hp all motor.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Endless Mike posted:

I saw this while walking around yesterday.

Honestly, the crappy cuts in the hood make this even more OK for me.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Sockington posted:

Agreed.

Some none-balance shaft big bore 4bangers that come to mind;
- Nissan KA24E /KA24DE (2.4L SOHC / DOHC)
- Subaru EJ25 (2.5L SOHC)

Definitely well refined engines when vibrations and noises are considered. :3:

Yes, but the Subaru isn't an I-4. It's a boxer.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Fermunky posted:

I do believe that's the coolest LEGO I've seen. Is that a retail kit, or did this guy build it from scratch? And that remote must be complicated as hell.

That looks to be the same guy who built the Lego Porsche just up above (the YouTube vid info mentions his name). I would put money down that it's completely custom.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Hot Wheels has been having some great cars out lately. I picked these up today for my collection. a pretty kickin' rad Bosozoku,an E30 M3 and a 2002.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Was taking a bike ride with the boy today and spied this just a couple of blocks from home in an alley. Nothing remarkable about it except that it has no fake-rusted hood, no "illest" stickers, and no tire stretch. It's very uncommon in my area to see a MKII Jetta Coupe, and to find one this nice was a pleasant surprise.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Was this taken in the Chicagoland area? If so, I may have some more info on it.

Nope, central PA.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Corgis are the clowns of the dog world. I have one and she's the goofiest but most compliant animal in existence. They are genuinely happy to make fools of themselves.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Das Volk posted:

The S65 and S62 have similar bearing designs, and it's all down to lubrication. After reading about the bearing failures and discovering that used E92 I had in the UK also started suffering from it, I bought new so I was sure how the car had been cared for. Posters on M3Post have started to use Blackstone, and those of us who heeded their warnings have been changing the oil at a max of 7500 miles instead of 15000. I also let the motor idle on cold start for a minute to ensure there's some oil moving around before loading the motor.

Also that JDM'ed E39 would be much cooler if it was purposefully made to look like a 530i or somesuch.

You have an M3 still right? What oil are you using? Factory-recommended 10W-60 Castrol TWS at 7500 miles? I've had mine for 5500 miles and I was wondering when to change it - the oil minder is telling me another 4300 but I wasn't too keen on a 10k change.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Das Volk posted:

Yeah I use TWS - Blackstone told me 7500 is the limit on the oil, less if you're hard on it. I have a space grey one now from new, it's got 6000 miles now and 4800 on the oil, I've got the Hillclimb in the current oil and will probably run it at Thunderhill in a couple weeks then change/sample it. Hopefully that should be around 6000 miles on the oil, with a lot of hard driving.

Awesome thanks. I had been wondering whether it was worth it to switch to like a Mobil1 0W-40, seeing as I don't track the car. I am going to do it at 7500, even with the pretty easy driving I do.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Preoptopus posted:

Wait there are gas stations that do not sell beer?

Welcome to my home state of Pennsylvania.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

So apparently my mom is friends with David Hobbs, former racing driver and current F1 commentator. Today in the mail I got these two cards from my mom, signed and personalized by Hobbs. A nice after-work surprise.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Stanced VW's aren't normally AI, but having the balls to drive them on the streets of São Paulo, which is full of potholes, ripples, and tall/narrow speed bumps, is pretty cool. These guys were heading to a group meeting of older VW's (which are common in Brasil but not as nice as these were).
I especially like the Brasilia.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Zeether posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOvv-KAM22M

26B quad rotor in an FD3S :flashfap:

(don't ask why it's shot that way)

I hope if there is a heaven, this is the sound all the angels make.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

The past two pages have been magical.

In other news, the new Mustang 4-cylinder hits 12.5 in the quarter mile with basically an exhaust, tune and slicks.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/09/28/2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost-drag-strip-12-seconds-video/

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I like fat tires and I cannot lie
You AIers can't deny
When a truck rolls in with an itty bitty cab
And those round things in yo' face, you get sprung

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I got home from work yesterday to find this surprise had come in the mail direct from Honda. It's a small thing, but a neat idea to keep customers engaged.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

howling_mad posted:

Nice!

We own two new Fits, I hope we get one!

I got my New Fit about six months ago, so be patient I guess. I suppose it would have been coolest if they had matched the color of the model to the color of my car, but that seems like asking a lot. The little model also has a pullback feature like a toy car.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Night Danger Moose posted:

Meanwhile at Pep Boys...

Does not compute.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Wasabi the J posted:

I need a Minute...

A minit

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Yesterday was almost 60 degrees so I took the death kart out of the garage for some fun and GoPro mount testing. Did one on the helmet and one on the front frame then took a few runs. The last run of the day ended in spectacular fashion due to the melting snow/wet tires. I couldn't stop laughing, and I was digging snow out of every crevice in the kart.

https://youtu.be/MRgm4VH6S1Y

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

CharlesM posted:

You have all the cool toys, man.

The benefit of living out in the country I suppose; room to play.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

DJ Commie posted:

I more or less have a personal rock field and a personal rallycross course, though I can only get 25Mb internet even working for the ISP I am served by. It is a double edged sword.

I get like 3mb on a good day...Pennsylvania is still incredibly rural and a large percentage of my neighbors are old order Mennonite or Amish. I have a nice long paved driveway and my own private woods though, so I suffer through the garbage internet.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

BoostCreep posted:

A Facebook friend just posted this today. I have to assume these were the fastest American made cars in 1989?

The three in the middle row are undoubtedly the best

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I love that Honda powered Dart. It's always been one of my dream projects to build a rat rod with a 13B so that's right up my alley.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Solution is to put the new Camry engine sideways in the 86 twins. Everyone is happy (?)

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I saw my first Fiat 124 Spider out in the wild yesterday. I'm impressed by how much cheaper it looks than a bog standard MX-5... There's too much crappy cheap plastic on the thing to the point where it looks like a Chinese market copy of what it should look like.

One of the docs at the one hospital I go to has one and I feel the same. The wheels look cheap as well. I wonder if the Abarth is as downmarket looking in person? All in all I think I would still prefer the MX5. RF specifically.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

After debating where to put this, I decided this was the right place. This came up on my FB locally for sale and I don't know what to do with my life anymore. It says the rear engine is a flamethrower!!!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Never mind

Never lift

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

um excuse me posted:

That parachute saved the car.

Five-syllable Jesus saved that car.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Wasn't sure where to put this but it was pretty funny and neat last night after a twelve hour stint in the OR so in here it goes. I found this note on the windshield of my WRX in the parking garage.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Oct 5, 2017

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

All of us IRL

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

redgubbinz posted:

There was one guy around here (something Brazil?) with the plate "SLO RICE" which made its rounds to cars that were neither slow nor Japanese, I always found that funny.

That’s me! And it’s currently on a WRX which at least meets half the plate’s specifications. My Forester XT is rocking Z GERMNZ currently, which started on a BMW but is too funny to get rid of.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Ordered the JDM Blipshift shirt. Tenterhooks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I forget who originally linked to the page to buy this, but my blipshift JDM wheels shirt showed up today.