Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
There's a Barra 6cyl swapped AMC Javelin up for sale at this month's Shannon's Auction. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be a turbocharged one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Ferremit posted:

In Australia, thats a $7500-10K vehicle.... :psyduck:

It feels good for us to be the ones with a cheap used car, for once.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
The Australian market cars came with a D16, I'm fairly sure they were available with a B16 in Japan

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Edit: Posted in wrong thread, so have three boxes

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Hog Obituary posted:

you probably meant this for the news thread

I certainly did. Two SA tabs open is one more than I can manage

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Darchangel posted:

e: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talbot-Lago
OK, just the front. I seemed to remember that both ends were skirted, but apparently I remembered wrong.

Maybe you're thinking of the Figoni et Falaschi bodied Delahayes?

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

GramCracker posted:

Honestly, I think this thread needs a rule that every post must have a pic.

I don't understand how this isn't a rule already

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Mister Kingdom posted:

I don't know what that is, but I know I want one.

That'd be a Suzuki Mightyboy

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

General_Failure posted:

Why would anybody want a Mightyboy? Unless you had tiny little girly feet and weighed about as much a spring breeze. But then I'm sure everyone has their own dark desires. I'd love an old Colt because it had a range lever. I mean mechanical overdrive.

I don't imagine they are very practical, but there are enough of those things around with silly motor swaps to justify their existence. Where won't an LS1 fit?

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

This probably belongs with the rest of the silly looking citroens

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Chinatown posted:

Not sure what I am looking at.

Is that a full service gas station?

Media has lead me to believe that this is how service stations operate in Japan, Datsun 1200 aside

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

slothrop posted:

That is a pretty amazing collection. My girlfriend has a '64 EH named Doug. Yup, imagine how emasculated I must feel! He's pretty cool but I can't help but hope that Holden goes the same way as Ford in Aus and then he might actually be worth a bit of cash. In the mean time he trundles around, hates wet weather (wants to spin those tyres and slide around), hates hot weather (overheating) and generally provides a great example of why Australian engineering is the envy of the developed world.... or somthing

As someone who has daily driven an EJ Holden successfully, you need to start treating that thing right :colbert: Heat was only ever an issue with mine when the water pump needed replacing. I've got wide wheels and a 149 so breaking traction was never an issues, really

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

You Am I posted:

Was bored on Sunday after doing a 8.2km fun run, so went for a drive. Came across a sign pointing to a car museum in a small town. So checked it out. I wasn't expecting much, probably a small collection of Australian cars and some imports, but I was proven very wrong

Where abouts is this? I don't think I've ever seen or heard of it before

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Chevelle on a NASCAR chassis, build thread is here

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
It's important to show your alcohol/footwear/clothing allegiance too

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Early nineties F1 will forever be the definition of the 'F1' shape for me, for one reason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jAzarFOl5I

I spent/wasted so much of my childhood with that thing

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Slavvy posted:

I'm not saying modern cars are ugly, per se, I'm saying that subtlety and restraint have become a lost art. What happened to the days when a well-heeled gentleman could purchase a vehicle only slightly different looking to a run-of-the-mill execumobile, but with a fire-breathing engine and uprated suspension and poo poo? Now everything has to have "Look at me! Look at me!" stamped on it in 70pt bold comic sans and it's just poo poo. Leave the screaming, outrageous styling to the true sportscars.

Volvo comes close; the S60 Polestar is fairly unassuming if you forego the 'rebel blue' paint.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

88h88 posted:

I really want one of these. Daihatsu Mira walk through van.

I burned more money than I care to admit in the raffle for that car :( walkthroughs are so drat cool

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

boxen posted:

Based on other stuff they've posted recently, I'm fairly sure that's a lowrider with offroad tires.

This was how teenage me drove everywhere in GTA:SA

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

hackbunny posted:

This is a pretty long post already, I'll continue another time

Please do, I'm almost there :fap:

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

hackbunny posted:

My own Japanese dream:

I wonder if it's cheating? Unlike the Autozam it looks like a K-car but it's actually a 1.3 liter (like twice the displacement allowed for K-cars)

Add the fact that Honda City's could be had with the best option a car has ever had - the Motocompo.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Elmnt80 posted:

So, I was trying to find some images of flat/satin black '69 or '70 AMC rebel 2 doors to see if they look as awesome in real life as they did in my head and I came across this thing. I don't care if photo is in black and wire, it looks gorgeous and so much more menacing than the actual Machine. :swoon:

The stance on that thing is perfection.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Powershift posted:

What's even more amazing is what happened when they got ahold of a couple fieros

I would imagine you can fit a twin size bed in the frunk.

There's nothing more perplexing than a well resolved fiero kitcar.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

razorscooter posted:

we know all about driving pleasure, so it checks out

I live in Australia and there used to be a pair of grey import Toyota Cavalier coupes in my city

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

xzzy posted:

It's a shame cars that pretty don't get made anymore. It's all about perfect aerodynamics and safety regulations. :smith:

I feel like between cars like the Alfa 4C and (if production looks anything like concept) the new Alpine, we're in a good place as far as light-ish and pretty little cars go

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

My goddamned 1988 Oldsmobile had directional wheels, that were different ewchy side.

If 80"s GM can do it, it obviously can't be that difficult

1980s Mazda did it too. A pair of mine were on backwards and the old timer at the tire place figured I was full of it when I asked him to switch them around while mounting new rubber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Shai-Hulud posted:

Be aware though, Forza 7 has caught a bad case of the EA microtransactions virus.

After that initial backpedal the loot boxes are fairly ignorable now. I think they're primarily for driver cosmetics