Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alphius
Nov 5, 2009

Collateral Damage posted:

If it had been a european rally the spectators would have been all over the cars to help them out of the ditch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpeYyqNOU4k

This is absolutely the truth. See Colin McRae get a substantial assist after an off:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohZNs5870d8
This really belongs in Awesome car stuff though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lightbulb Out posted:

To be fair, some of those things apply to hellaflush vehicles as well.

Cars are terrible.

ALL CARS ARE TERRIBLE.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Cars are terrible.

ALL CARS ARE TERRIBLE.

Yeah, we've gotta be like, insane or something to like them.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Did the hellaflush thread go to the gaschamber eventually? Can swear there was one around a few months ago, voted one and moved on when I looked through the hellaflush thread.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Alighieri posted:

Did the hellaflush thread go to the gaschamber eventually? Can swear there was one around a few months ago, voted one and moved on when I looked through the hellaflush thread.

I assume it just died due to inactivity since there are like 7 people here who like that stuff. Sort of like the toy car thread I like :P

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It's cool that people voted a nice thread to the gas chamber because they are literal babies who can't just not read a thread imo :thumbsup:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

It's cool that people voted a nice thread to the gas chamber because they are literal babies who can't just not read a thread imo :thumbsup:

Perhaps we all just dislike you; Stupid trends are by proxy.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Being the OP of that thread, it probably got gassed as even I had forgotten about it.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not so useless now, is it? You loving bastards.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

davebo posted:

I assume it just died due to inactivity since there are like 7 people here who like that stuff. Sort of like the toy car thread I like :P

The toy car thread has slid back to page 3, but people are still contributing from time to time. It makes me happy that you like it.
I mostly lurk on SA, but I get so much enjoyment out of the forums that every once in a while I try to give back and contribute, hence the toy car thread.
Welp, back to not posting for 6 months.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This just moved into my complex

And I saw this at work the other day

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Rhyno posted:

This just moved into my complex

I actually really like the colour scheme and sheer aggressiveness of the mods. It's loud and looks mean and that's ok with me.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Professor Bling posted:

Not so useless now, is it? You loving bastards.

Maybe not right then, but a few months after not changing that diff fluid...

uncle_skin
Feb 23, 2004

:iamafag: :razz: :iamafag: :razz: :iamafag: :razz: :iamafag: :razz: :iamafag: :razz: :iamafag: :razz: :iamafag: :razz: :iamafag: :razz: :iamafag: :razz:

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

sofullofhate posted:

I actually really like the colour scheme and sheer aggressiveness of the mods. It's loud and looks mean and that's ok with me.

The colour scheme would be perfect if it had this motor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzi2_oiBMmY

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Crustashio posted:

The colour scheme would be perfect if it had this motor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzi2_oiBMmY

What in the gently caress did I just hear :stare:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Terrible right from the factory. Can't say I've ever seen one of these in the wild..

I present to you, the Trollblazer.

Code Jockey posted:

Holy :awesome:

... the dog, on the other hand, doesn't seem to agree. He took off out of here when it fired up. :saddowns:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Crustashio posted:

That video could only be better if the guy with the camera were yelling "GIT SOME! GIT SOME!".

Holy poo poo.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Why yes, this is a wonderful idea in the day of HID lights...

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!
I saw this outside of a Pier 1 Imports. I'm torn; It's a PT Cruiser, but it's probably one of the better things to do with it. The flat black kind of covers the weird bubbly lines.

I finally decided to upgrade my 7 year old Motorola Razr to a 5 year old Blackberry, and I was testing out the phone camera.

An Explorer Eddie Baur Edition V8 5.0

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Ygolonac posted:

Why yes, this is a wonderful idea in the day of HID lights...

I gotta respect the amount of work that takes. I also want to see what it looks like at night with neon signs around.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ulfhednar posted:

An Explorer Eddie Baur Edition V8 5.0

That probably is a 5.0 exploder. The badge obviously isn't stock, but it's not like it's wrongly describing what the vehicle is.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Delta bros...

SocketSeven
Dec 5, 2012

Code Jockey posted:

The glory of a custom built rotary engine that is about as large as materials science allows.

Now go buy an RX-8 and enjoy the experience, and become part of the cult of the rotor head. ;)

SocketSeven fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 8, 2013

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Boost goes in, apex seals come out.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

SocketSeven posted:

The glory of a custom built rotary engine that is about as large as materials science allows.

There is a 6 rotor RX-4 running in New Zealand...

Geirskogul posted:

Boost goes in, apex seals come out.

Seriously? Its not even boosted...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Brigdh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaC19p4Avp4
Here is another 4 rotor car.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Brigdh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3t3VcEIB-Q

It's a monster, I would love to hear it in person.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Whats up with the underside of the hood in that video?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Probably fireproofing or something.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Crustashio posted:

My god. :catstare:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

"Secondly, I’ve personally becoming more and more frustrated with new automobiles. The fluff, the marketing, the gadgets, the nicknacks, and the do-dads are overwhelming. I want to go back to the drive. When the drive was enough. We’ve layered and layered until I saw a cover for a cover under a hood covered in paint with a cover to protect the paint?… Seems silly to describe but that is a true statement. It’s just all gotten out of control. I drive old era cars. Cars that need your full attention when driving." :jerkbag:

"Artsy" thing looking like the lego cars I built when I was 5: http://www.jruiter.com/entry/reboot-buggy1/

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Motronic posted:

ZOMBIE PARTY WAGON Xtreme 90's hot wheels edition

ugh. matte that thing out, and it might even be worth all the times the cops stop you.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Brigdh posted:

Main reason why I keep my rx4 shell. it's a bit big and heavy for a 2 rotor, but maybe one day a 3 rotor will be cheap.
Or maybe mad people like these guys will sell NA 4 rotors cheap.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

some texas redneck posted:

Terrible right from the factory. Can't say I've ever seen one of these in the wild..

I present to you, the Trollblazer.
:ughh: Now i know how it feels to have your baby show up in this thread. The 4.2's and 5.3's are pretty common and I see them all over the place in Michigan. Mine is at least the 6.0 LS2 powered "Aero" and there were only about 500 of them ever built, I've never seen one other than my own.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Collateral Damage posted:

"Secondly, I’ve personally becoming more and more frustrated with new automobiles. The fluff, the marketing, the gadgets, the nicknacks, and the do-dads are overwhelming. I want to go back to the drive. When the drive was enough. We’ve layered and layered until I saw a cover for a cover under a hood covered in paint with a cover to protect the paint?… Seems silly to describe but that is a true statement. It’s just all gotten out of control. I drive old era cars. Cars that need your full attention when driving." :jerkbag:

"Artsy" thing looking like the lego cars I built when I was 5: http://www.jruiter.com/entry/reboot-buggy1/

Artist.
On the other hand,

http://www.jruiter.com/entry/1962-lincoln-continental/

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Lose the wheels and I'd drive the gently caress out of that car.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

So he took a Connie and put stupid wheels on it. Will.i.am can do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

wallaka posted:

So he took a Connie and put stupid wheels on it. Will.i.am can do that.
If Will Dot I Dot Am stopped at that, we'd all probably have a higher opinion of him.