Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

AHAHAHAHAHA!!

That is absolutely loving brilliant!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Good Job guy. A+

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, that took a second or two there. Well done that man. :golfclap:

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Obviously he just drove through a fire that was on the road.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

gurgled like an amused baby. A++ would read again

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

I have nothing against Civics. Hell, I had a '98 DX Hatch before my current car, but a Panty Dropper sticker? Not sure about that?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Oh poo poo its Daily Driven, that must be rough in a fuel injected 20 year old Honda that probably has a/c and starts no matter how cold it is outside.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Fart Pipe posted:

Oh poo poo its Daily Driven, that must be rough in a fuel injected 20 year old Honda that probably has a/c and starts no matter how cold it is outside.

In Florida.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I tell people I rode around on my Enfield motorcycle (17hp on a good day, a 60-year-old kickstart-only engine, total loss oiling system) for two years straight in northern Idaho out of necessity and they don't blink twice. Tell them you drive daily in an appliance econobox with a wing glued to the back and they shudder in horror and respect.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
They still had total loss oiling after the war?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

My first car (DD) was a 30 year old Galaxie with a tired 289, 4 wheel non-power drum brakes and no heat (in CT) so gently caress that guy.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Radiohead71 posted:

I have nothing against Civics. Hell, I had a '98 DX Hatch before my current car, but a Panty Dropper sticker? Not sure about that?

Equally puzzling was this plate on a bone stock Accord

Only registered members can see post attachments!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Das Volk posted:

Maybe he lost his S2k in the divorce :(

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

Das Volk posted:

The license plate makes no claim as to how impressive the revs will be, only that they will be performed.

4 u.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Ephphatha posted:

Was it bright red as well? There's a red F250 with dualies that I see around Bathurst occasionally, that thing is bigger than the H2 hummer (chrome everything, I need to get a photo of that one) one of the prison wardens owns.

Ive seen a few of the bigger F trucks around Adelaide recently- There was an enormous F250 twin cab dualie in the bunnings car park last week and the week before I saw an F650 driving down Main South Road. The thing was bigger than the hino truck beside it!

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Fart Pipe posted:

After seeing more than my fair share of hack-job wiring harnesses from engine swaps (and having to fix some of them :negative:) in Civics, that sticker might be something to boast about.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

They still had total loss oiling after the war?

Well, the engine was originally released in 1939, but that one had an open valve cover and felt pads you oiled for the valvetrain oiling, so it looked a bit different from the current engine, so people really say the current one hearkens from the 1952 Bullet model. Even in 1939 total-loss was getting a bit outdated, which is why Enfield has always been low-tier, even before the bust of British motorcycles.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
All classic British vehicles use total loss oiling systems. The dividing line is whether or not it's intentional.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Vindolanda posted:

gurgled like an amused baby. A++ would read again
Look at this yesterday, had no idea. Saw it again today, gurgled as well. A+.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

All classic British vehicles use total loss oiling systems. The dividing line is whether or not it's intentional.

They misunderstood the meaning of 'dry sump'

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

InitialDave posted:

I remember Jeremy Clarkson was talking about a new Jag once and mentioned how they outsourced the onboard computer system to the Germans because Jaguar engineers couldn't figure out a way to make it leak oil.

cormorant
Nov 3, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Uthor posted:

The worst was the one time someone decided to leave their running car stopped right behind my car as I was leaving for work. Ended up knocking on doors at midnight to find the person so they could move it. There was an open spot two spots over from me!

I gotta question your handling of that situation. Their car was running...with the keys in it? Was the car door locked? I'm not entirely sure you really needed to go and bother anyone else to move the car for you.

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
I think it's not something I'd want to have to do, myself. Getting into someone else's car without their consent is something you might get into some trouble for if caught in the act, despite them still being in the wrong for parking inconsiderately.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Kachunkachunk posted:

I think it's not something I'd want to have to do, myself. Getting into someone else's car without their consent is something you might get into some trouble for if caught in the act, despite them still being in the wrong for parking inconsiderately.
Yea I'd rather not have to steal a car just to move it a couple feet.

Wow that just reminded me of a terrible car thing relating to getting in other peoples cars. It lead to a fight and then death for the car owner who was rightly pissed about some stranger in his car.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I'm even a born-and-bred Yankees fan, but this was just too much.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

The Midniter posted:

I'm even a born-and-bred Yankees fan, but this was just too much.

It should have no badges, Yankee mystique and all that.

Nocheez fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 12, 2013

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Nice car, why is this posted here?

What the gently caress?

Found outside a bar, it sat there for a few hours like that.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Oversteer is an efficient anti-theft device?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

:confused:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Is juicy a dog? A child?? Someone's stage name???

I don't have a picture better than instagram but it's not like there was anything else to see. I saw a grand caravan a couple weeks back one with low profile tires/rims and a couple inches of lift on the rear suspension but couldn't get a picture of it :negative:

Jezrael
May 1, 2005
the bagel is an adequate vessel of nutrition
Last week I opened a guys car door to turn off their lights, I noticed it on the way to the store and on the way back they were still on so I did it, but I still felt paranoid that someone would freak out at me. I've done the same for open windows when it's raining in the middle of the night. And yes, apparently there are that many people keeping their cars unlocked.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Reverse != Drive

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Reverse != Drive

Or just straight pedal error while parking.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

rscott posted:

Oversteer is an efficient anti-theft device?

No, but the 3rd pedal is.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Unintended acceleration! Time to sue! :supaburn:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

nigga crab pollock posted:

Is juicy a dog? A child?? Someone's stage name???

I don't have a picture better than instagram but it's not like there was anything else to see. I saw a grand caravan a couple weeks back one with low profile tires/rims and a couple inches of lift on the rear suspension but couldn't get a picture of it :negative:

This is all over the South, and a good half of the time its some dead infant, how do so many infants die in the South?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

`Nemesis posted:

Found outside a bar, it sat there for a few hours like that.

Only things I can think of - either it's a bait car left there by the local PD (though an ineffective one since half of the fun is locking the perp in the car... with no roof they could pretty easily jump and run) or the owner is well known in the area and is also someone that people who would steal that car do not want to piss off.

But it's more likely the owner is impossibly dense.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I think the manual transmission is a good enough anti-theft device:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/20757520/would-be-car-thieves-gave-up-when-they-couldnt-drive-stick-shift
http://www.dailybreeze.com/crimeandcourts/ci_23176705/alleged-l-car-thief-stymied-by-manual-transmission
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/20/florida-carjacking-at-gunpoint-fails-after-man-cant-drive-stick-shift/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Mighty Horse posted:

No, but the 3rd pedal is.

What little hard data I can find suggests that manuals are extremely unlikely to get stolen even when corrected for the differences in overall numbers. I also found numerous stories of carjackers getting busted after finding that a car is a manual.

In the case of the Viper, if you didn't care about the car's condition when you found it, there's a drat good chance that even if someone did try to steal it you'd find it pretty close to where it was left :v: