Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Maybe if it was Cali. The cops here in Az are rabid right now about DUIs. :v: Don't get me wrong, they drat well should be - if anything the laws should be harsher - and we have some of the harshest in the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZVrnd9V7sk

How about this retard? I used to ride this road 3-4 times a week, everyone knows this corner - it crests blindly then cuts hard left, lots of people have run off. Lack of driving skill here is off the charts.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

IOwnCalculus posted:

What road is that? It almost looks like bits of AZ238 but I don't think 238 is that twisty.

South Mountain when you take both right turn offs up to the radio towers. That corner is literally 45 seconds from the top parking lot, to be fair it's a really bad corner if you've never been through it before or are not a decent driver/rider and trying to rail the road.

I've had three friends bin it there - Daytona 675 in the rain, SRAD GSXR750 first trip out, and a Ninja 250. Warn 'em but it still catches you up.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 21, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It would take me 90 minutes and 4 buses to get me to work which is 9 miles away. Unfortunately there are places where a car is almost required to survive. :(
I have a lot of friends from Phoenix (west side) that live without cars. It can be done. :v: That said, I am DD most nights when I party with them.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Sudo Echo posted:

Another reason to never, ever go to jiffy lube.

Oh no, the lower bay tech wrote something mildly obscene on the filter along with the required information. Pro tip: Random poo poo gets written on stuff at most shops - high end to bottom end.

Also, San Marcos, Ca judging by the store number.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I've replaced six of these in my car... this is the only one I've seen fail spectacularly.
Ignore the extremely hosed up Bilstein spanner wrench. Old H&R coilover collars fused themselves tight.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Motronic posted:

That looks like a sunroof motor/assembly out of a 944....but not quite. What the hell is it?

E46 window regulator :(

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Insurance still covers it...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

*checks name* That figures. :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
^Might want to edit your last sentence out there. :)

Motronic posted:

How's that? The car high centered. The suspension was doing everything it was doing the same as it always had.

Watch the suspension, it immediately drops to full bump.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I kinda realized that after I posted. Derpppp. :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Mazda B1600/B1800

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
C5 Corvette?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
RU18QT

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

DropShadow posted:

A buddy of mine posted this on Facebook yesterday. Not that it's necessarily "terrible car stuff," but it's not how you want to get your Karma home. He said there was another white one right behind this one on the shoulder that appeared to be operational.

I was out (drunk as gently caress) with a bunch of friends in Old Town Scottsdale last weekend and there was a Karma rolling through. One of my chick friends has to run over and knock on his window because "JUSTIN BEIBER! HE DRIVES A KARMA, IT MUST BE HIM!". :lol:

IOwnCalculus posted:

I once worked with the dumbass who had this plate in AZ, or at least had it at one point. He actually had RU18SXY first but someone complained to the MVD and they took it back.

Bahaha, was it a red SRT4?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

88h88 posted:

16 is legal and it's only the frowns of other people that tend to stop men who are 'too old' from going after the 16yr old girls.

poo poo, I just turned 25 and after too many bad experiences I will no longer hook up with girls under 21. :lol:

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Oct 8, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

slidebite posted:

That's a thing here in Southern Alberta and seems to be getting more and more common. Especially with hutterites.

Popular in the 80 series Land Cruiser world because when you remove the fender flares it leaves holes through the body and into the cab. Cover the holes from behind and bedline the arches/rocker. Works super well and looks good.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

dissss posted:

Is that to get extra room for big tyres? If so wouldn't it be easier to buy a base model without the flares?

Anyway I think this fits the thread

All US 80 series Land Cruisers had flares; but yes, anything over a 33" tire would take off the flares during full bump and removing them helps a lot with clearance in tight trails. Mine got ripped off by trees. :v:

JP Money posted:

Is this one just the small-ish wheels? Doesn't seem completely ridiculous if you've ever seen bro-trucks with tiny rear end stock tires.

Yes, that looks like 32-33" tires on a 6"-ish lift. You can run 35" tires on a 2.5" lift if you're okay with some rubbing... and the axles will hold up flawlessly unless you've got a ton of extra power, floor it while hung up in reverse with the front wheels turned and axle locked, or are literally insane.

I miss mine, had a lot of fun with it.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Oct 16, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

drgitlin posted:

I wonder if there are any statistics on how many accidents have been caused by horrible fake spoilers actually increasing rear lift at speed, resulting in horrible oversteery crashes as the back wheels leave the ground in corners?

I'd imagine not as many as happen on cars where people have removed the rear spoiler and the rear gets light at speed when you come off the throttle. IE. Mitsubishi Evo has been known to do this.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It does when you're paying actual engineers and doing all of the proper analysis and design.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Godholio posted:

Then who designed the GTR?

You can't be serious right now. You seriously think there is even close to the same level of engineering in an engine swap as there is in a car which is the product of two different ones grafted together, safety tested, tooled for production, etc? This isn't some backyard hackjob.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 20, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BoostCreep posted:

I had to help someone mount his 19" competition package BBS M3 wheels with lug bolts and it sucked even with two people.

I usually sit down, put the wheel on my toes, and raise the wheel up enough with my toes to get it to line up a top lug, then shove the wheel against the hub, and put in a bottom lug.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
If I had Lamborgini/F-Car money I'd stuff a race exhaust on it, lower it a bit, and put some nice wheels on it... then drive like an rear end in a top hat. You piss all the purists off and people who can't afford it hate you too.

On the very rare occasion I get to take the EVT700 997.1 out... well, the looks you get are hilarious.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 10, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Hahaha, that's loving awesome.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
More or less, apparently some people here care too much what other people think of them.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Sagebrush posted:

Head up to Sedona -- the main drag up hwy 179 there has like ten of them in a row for no apparent reason (other than how people from Sedona have to be different and special).

(Also the road up 89A through Oak Creek cyn to Flagstaff is really gorgeous)

There are ones there, then into the city just north east of Jerome, and the west exit out of Wickenberg, Az. I love them... hey, let's touch knee at 50mph.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Welp, RIP Triumph Daytona 675 motor with 28.5k on it. Lost it at a trackday yesterday.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Feb 19, 2013

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Ah, Cave Creek, that explains it. Older people with money that want to be southwestern as hell.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

kastein posted:

And if you can afford a supercar, why do you give a flying gently caress about gas mileage? If I wanted to drive something like it was a commuter car I'd buy a commuter car, something that costs six or seven figures better either make/save me a whole lot of money or be about as much fun as one can have with their pants on.
Because it's nice to be able to drive your M5 (v10) until you realize that your range is less than 240mi on an almost 19 gallon tank. poo poo, I'd seen it once where I filled the tank and the 'get gas' chime hit with 120mi on the tank.

Then you get a 335D and while it's far less of a car you appreciate seeing 700+mi on a single tank while cruising at 80mph.

Just a personal observation I've made.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 30, 2013

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

The 3000GT was sold as the GTO in Japan...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

jamal posted:

I spent a couple hours on a 2-lane highway in a rainstorm a few weeks ago and that was so terrible I hardly know where to start. I'd guess the line of 6 cars going 20 under behind a dump truck afraid to pass. Finally there was a long passing zone and I went by them all.
I had this happen on my 2009 ZX6R... minus the rain storm. Passed the line of cars, as it turned out the second-to-front vehicle was an undercover detective. Got a nice rear end-chewing but no ticket for 90-ish in a 65 during the pass.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I'll never understand why I walk out to this kind of thing at least five times a week. Learn to park. :suicide:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm more upset about the bike taking up a whole car spot :colbert:

I love the looks I get after snagging a front row spot. :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It fits the terrible thread just because it's a Can-Am.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It's going to be fun explaining how he managed to register a S15.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Glowsticks are rare anyway - most kids these days use LEDs in the tips of gloves, before that it was spinning LEDs on strings.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Brigdh posted:

There is a 6 rotor RX-4 running in New Zealand...

Seriously? Its not even boosted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaC19p4Avp4
Here is another 4 rotor car.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Mighty Horse posted:

Million dollars with this interior???

The F40 came out in 87... and poo poo, look at it having CARBON FIBER.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I'm wondering where the Rotas crack more than other wheels thing came from.

When you start tracking cars wheels become consumable, especially once r-comps come into play.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Citycop posted:

If this does not get you chicks then your hopeless.

It's on a temp plate, at least it isn't driven often.