Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Mighty Horse posted:

There is NO way in hell she couldn't have nudged the shift lever into "N" there is a reason you don't need to push the button to do that from "D"

Let's just say for simplicity's sake that this wasn't possible (yeah loving right). Regardless... "And still, she can't shut the vehicle off."

...Really? On a relatively straight and open highway, I'd rather lose power steering and brake assist than careen down the road at "120" miles per hour in a giant SUV. There's nothing preventing the ability to turn the engine off while the car's in Drive, although a lot of transmission damage will probably occur. Of course, that wouldn't happen if it were in Neutral, which we all know she could have shifted to. I hope she gets ticketed.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Man, if I ever decide to have a high speed police pursuit I'm totally using this excuse.

If she doesn't, then someday I'm going to "accidentally" unbolt my clutch pedal from the master cylinder piston and go for a joyride in fifth gear, claiming the throttle shaft jammed open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Bang Me Please posted:

Even with the terrible hood I'd say wrong thread.

Not to mention, hoods are very easy to remove for replacement or respray. That car owns.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

It's okay, we all liked Hot Wheels.*

*as children

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Twistershift posted:

Haha, like these Range Rovers will ever see dirt.

Didn't James May drive one of these things all over Death Valley?

Patina'd hood looks sweet, brah. *glues fake plastic scoop on top of rust*

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

To be fair, that scenario might be safer.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

DropShadow posted:

Took me a little while to figure out what I was looking at here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsrpokpUmTQ

That is a rear-projection big screen TV being hauled in the backseat of a Solara convertible. The driver was watching me in his mirror as he turned the corner, as if he couldn't imagine why anyone would want to record this feat. I was behind him for about a mile before he turned. No biggie.

Such appropriate music from your stereo.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Previa_fun posted:

The Camarion looks like one of the unlicensed cars from Live For Speed.

It's been a while since I played LFS, but uh, wasn't one of the free-to-play cars an exact replica of the Starion/Conquest anyway?

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Geirskogul posted:

Wait, unless you get it from a coupe, in which it would be an...8-series?

What the hell are you doing, BMW.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

FIRST TIME posted:

Isn't this kind of plate number not allowed being as it's purposefully confusing to law enforcement?

If so, awesome that he got away with it.

"poo poo, I can't remember if it was 'E33E3EE' or 'E33E33E'. Looks like we're never going to catch that dude driving the Lamborghini."

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Fucknag posted:

Oh, so you mean after I pull the lever in the cabin the hood just opens, rather than me having to feel around for what is usually an awkwardly placed, completely unintuitively shaped, poorly designed release lever that just barely will pivot on the correct axis to release the drat hood?

What a tragedy. (I hate hood releases on GM products if you can't tell.)

Sarcasm aside, it would be inconvenient if the hood unlatched while the car is moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Fayez Butts posted:

Yeah, while I will agree that Deadmau5 is terrible I do think that people should take cars less seriously and wrapping a lovely Ferrari California can't really be hurting anything

That's a 458, not a California.