Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Slavvy posted:

I remember once, when I worked at a Toyota dealer, we had an Aurion (V6 40 series camry) come in with a complaint of water leaking into the boot. This is fairly normal because the cars in question are assembled by inbred Australians who don't seem to know how to use body sealer, so I jump in the boot with a light and get someone to spray the hose on. Instantly I get a cold shower as water torrents past the boot seal. After further loving about with the boot seal, the rubber stoppers etc I had the brilliant idea of measuring the back of the car. Turned out the entire thing was twisted, cork-screw-wise, so the boot lid could never shut properly. The reason: towing a trailer well within the load limits specified by the genuine Toyota towbar.

Most cars just aren't designed for towing anything at all and there's only a handful of countries in the world (including mine) who insist that every vehicle, no matter how ill-suited, should be available with a towbar.

I've fitted towbars to toyota yarises (1.3L), kia picantos (1.1L) and even once to a Daihatsu sirion (.9L iirc). People are loving idiots. If you want to tow, get something that can actually tow.

Of course on the opposite extreme, here in the states you get trucks and full-size sedans that claim they have no towing capacity because it's a wonderful warranty loophole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Throatwarbler posted:

So does anyone actually like any Gm products

The mid 80s-early 90s S-10 is a decent compact pickup with great parts availability thanks to Grumman LLVs.