Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Javid posted:

So what all got borged into this thread? Stupid poo poo, mechanical failures, craigslist?

And probably 80% of the cell phone thread.

Some could have used consolidation like the cell phone thread, but I agree with the others in things like Mechanical Failures and Craiglist Gold to have their own thread. They saw plenty of traffic and while had some derails, mostly kept to the topic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
He should buy a headlight restoration kit. That yellow really kills the look hes going for...

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
You mean different parts of the country have different costs of living? :aaaaa:

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

BoostCreep posted:

It was nearly a new car at the time and they were making plenty more. After reading the description in that video, they didn't even destroy the '64 picture car. They went and bought a used '63 to crush, and it was only one.

It's like seeing a brand new Aston Martin being smashed in a new Bond film now. Nobody gets all upset when it's a brand new model in a modern film. Yes it's a gorgeous amazing car, but it's not rare yet and you can go purchase another brand new one right now if you wanted to. Plus now they typically have 12-15 identical cars since they all have to be made to look a certain way for each scene, and they are often ordered from the manufacturer specifically for the film to reduce cost. Still you don't see people getting all upset when a modern car gets destroyed in a film.

Now if an original '63 Continental was being crushed in a new movie today I'd be all up in arms over it.

I could have sworn I saw something where pretty much any car is a shell in a modern day movie (that is completely destroyed).

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Sep 28, 2012

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

some texas redneck posted:

Nice parking job bro!
:allears:

Obviously the No Parking sign means this side of the line.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Wrong thread?

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Oct 25, 2012

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
That merc should be in a Batman movie driven by Twoface.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Octopus Magic posted:

More like spun down coilovers for a photoshoot.

Let me guess, he only has that camber and stretched tires for a photo shoot too?

Not sure what's worse, the car or the jacket:

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

kastein posted:

I don't see a problem with the first, and the second is actually substantially better than most trucks in Florida from what I've been lead to believe.

Altezza lights and rims are retarded, but at least he doesn't have tow mirrors at full extension I guess.

License plates on that first one - what a waste of money.

While on license plates...

quote:

"14" stands for a white supremacist's fourteen-word motto: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children." "CV" stands for "Confederate Veteran," and "88" stands for the eighth letter of the alphabet twice in a row. That's H-H, or "Heil Hitler."

This last one actually made me laugh:

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Root Bear posted:

Not pictured are the crooked aftermarket fender vents and more plastic lettering on the sides. The only thing missing is a chrome exhaust tip of some sort:

Is that a Ford F150?

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

EightBit posted:

Easy women, same reason most people in the South do it.

We call these Bro-Hoes in southern California. They typically have the bleach highlighted hair, nautical star tattoos, wear nothing but black and hot pink, hats where the bill points to the sky, and usually missing a few teeth. They also put stickers on their Cali-lifted Ford Explorers that say "Silly boys, trucks are for girls" while knowing nothing about vehicles at all.

They swoon over these types of trucks, construction jobs*, and really bad tattoos. If they have kids, they look like a mini-me of the mom or dad.

*Nothing wrong with construction jobs, but it's the only job a Dude-Bro will have.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

JP Money posted:

What answers do they usually give? I'd accept "clothing" as a fair answer as that's primarily what they sell with motocross gear and apparel. I mean most people don't actually use Alpinestars, MSR, etc gear but they still go to the mall and buy the stuff to fit that image. Even better if it has a giant green Monster logo on it.

I've never known anyone to have a fox shock on their bike personally. It's way cheaper to just buy a new spring for your weight and call it good on the back end. I'm sure it's more common on the amateur bikes and on up but for most people it's probably overkill.

That and riding gear usually.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

-S- posted:

Terrible car stuff: my wife needs a new (to her) car and won't have anything but a convertible PT Cruiser.

Simple solution: Go buy her a new car yourself. The wrath of dealing with her afterwards must be less than dealing with owning a PT Cruiser.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

AirRaid posted:

If we're doing anecdotal evidence that PT cruisers are awful, I was driving next to one a while back and part of the wing mirror fell off it as I went past.

My friend's wife, who works as customer service at a repair shop, recently picked one up from the shop owner with a life long full history of maintenance. I believe the engine poo poo the bed within 2 weeks of them getting it. I felt bad because they don't have much money and have 3 kids, but at the same time, she should have known better right? She's worked in the industry long enough to not be ignorant (or so I thought, literally wondering why they bought it when I found out, pre-destruction).

I've never really looked into them because of how ugly they are, but I've never heard good things about their reliability. Is the engine one of those things?

Edit: content.

Wish I could find a bigger one of this:

We should probably make a thread for these.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Sep 6, 2013

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Rhyno posted:

"Baby Phantom", "Baby Rolls", "Baby Royce." None of those roll off the tongue like "Baby Bentley." You guys can hate on it all you want, I do too, but it is a thing. poo poo, just look at loving Car Domain.

I don't think these people make these based around the word 'baby'. They do it because their parents dropped them when they were a baby (or smoked something).

I've seen way more RR "conversions" than Bentley in So Cal.

For $15,000 you can have one too! (after you bring them your 300).
http://intorg.netfirms.com/Cars10/RollsRoyce/2005_rolls_royce_phantom_replica.htm

Don't forget to get your accessories here! http://www.300fx.com/

It's a shame really, because I liked the look of the 300 when it came out, but there are more of them with lovely RIMZ, Autozone port holes, and ugly cheap grills than actual stock ones here. I get a wanna-be rapper vibe from them, trying to pretend they have the cars that were rented in the music videos.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Your baby Bentleys may suck, but when I google baby Corvette, I found what what my future offspring will (hopefully) be:

(wrong thread and all)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

tobu posted:

I think with a blow-out like that they are pretty lucky they only lost a bumper. Look at the tire marks - it must have really shredded in one go or they just kept driving on it.

meanwhile, I keep finding terrible car things today.

http://geekologie.com/2013/09/bad-ideas-car-expertly-modded-to-drive-f.php

Click for video and more pictures of the car you drive from the backseat.

Sometimes I have nightmares where I am driving an out of control car from the back seat. I'm not joking.