Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Tai-Pan posted:

Agreed. The craigslist thread was great because we got to see an interesting cross section of sales strategies and awful and awesome cars associated with that. Frequent diversions into the history of obscure feature sets and models was a bonus.

Well let's keep up with that commentary here. Don't give up the good (bad) fight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I like it, but it is tres nerdy.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Mighty Horse posted:

There is NO way in hell she couldn't have nudged the shift lever into "N" there is a reason you don't need to push the button to do that from "D"

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

Do some cars not have a physical link between the transmission and shift lever anymore?

On some PT Cruiser I rented (I protested when I got it, and rightly so), something happened physically so that I couldn't shift out of D. I felt like it might have been the shifter button jamming. When that happened, I also couldn't get the key out of the ignition. So only then could the rental office find a Sentra for me. Because of that incident, I have a little more respect for the possibility of a physical jam on the shifter.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Has someone made that thread already?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

whereismyshoe posted:

Haha, this was in my hometown and my parents actually saw the dude pulled over on the side of the road. i had a cell phone shot of it somewhere, but i've since lost it

I remember Jalopnik linking it, and googled this out:
http://imgur.com/EBZ5c

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Given how many stick-on vents you see in the US, it's a very popular sporty look.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Faerunner posted:

Everything I'm seeing on the internet says it was an actual new NSX prototype, where are you getting this "hacked up original NSX"?

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/features/driving-the-avengers-acura-nsx-roadster.html
> That's because, under its skin, The Tony Stark Acura NSX Roadster is really a 1991 Acura NSX.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I hope the shades are mechanically articulated.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Kenshin posted:

Probably. I saw a fully-converted (aside from LHD rather than RHD) GTO at a car show here in Seattle about 6 months ago. It was actually very, very well done, with all the correct interior and everything. (the one I saw was white).

Did it still have the fuel tank stupidly placed in the trunk?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

is probably 25 at most
It's a battle-scarred 25.

I drove to a bar following a company softball game, and a coworker who liked my C6 snapped a pic of it and posted it to his FB. One of his friends commented "Quick, to the midlife crisis mobile!" I'm 28 :(

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

fknlo posted:

Haven't some people been calling for this for quite a while now?

Look at how much they improved in the 991. As long as GM can do the same with the C7 (say, comparable lap times to the C6Z and easier handling), then they can hew to tradition all they want. Ferrari has done wonders with the midengine package, but it's far from the only way to make a car that handles well.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

The car that flashes its brights at 1:08 really has it figured out. "If I just flash him, he'll speed up and prevent this rear-end."

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Previa_fun posted:

Ditch the "ZX2 COOL" banner and the hood scoop and it's...well it's still terrible but the paint doesn't look horrible and it looks like it's been taken care of. Hell lower it an inch and throw on some decent wheels and I'd drive it. :suicide:

Swap in the SVT motor and you could probably chase down some M3s.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Downsize to tall 20" tires on rally wheels and I'd love it.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Everything within makes me want to stab my eyes out:
http://www.yogapantsandstance.com/ians-four-door-white-whore/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Not only is the writer/photographer full of himself but appreciable skill in either domain the whole mentality is so narrow and yet pointlessly misogynist, from the post title to the domain name.