Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

BMW X7:

I'm on a fence with that one - obviously some work went into making it. I saw it on the road, and I think it even had BMW steering wheel and fenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

thetechnoloser posted:

Looks like a Ssyangong Rodius to me.

SsangYong Actyon.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Cenodoxus posted:

PT Cruiser hood, BMW grille, Grand Am bumper and possibly side skirts, and Volvo tail lights.

Probable country of origin: Russia?

Poland, surprisingly few thread worthy stuff to find here.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Cenodoxus posted:

Good god, Munich is ~8 hours away and somebody decided to hack together a fake X7 from a South Korean crossover and who knows what else. :psyboom:

There's shitload of BMW's and Audis here, VAG is the most popular car provider (mostly VW and Skoda), and some beaten 12yo 3-series is available to pretty much anyone who can get a basic loan. On the other hand noone has fake BMW X7, that's why I kind of like it, despite the fact it looks almost as bad as X6.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Fiat Cinquecento rust edition:

notice the tasteful addition to the exhaust pipe, our tuner can manually adjust his car's back pressure :rice:

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

DJ Commie posted:

Is that cat thing the Polish edition of pedobear?

I think it's from one of telecom's commercials

more content:

alex314 fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 22, 2013

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I've found this beauty on my way from work, I was in a hurry so I couldn't snap more pictures.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I think that part hanging on a duct tape is LPG line. It also seemed to swing a bit as the car drove.

A wild GT-R appeared! I like the contrast between awesome and awful in this pic.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I saw some weird small sticker on this car's window, when the traffic slowed down I've found out it's this:

Sure.. :jerkbag:

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Dannywilson posted:

A couple pages back but:

It was a thing to see that on convoy and patrol vehicles in Iraq during the war. It was basically a "Don't mob/tailgate this convoy/patrol, otherwise we'll assume you are a suicide vehicle/ambush, and treat you as such."

I know, I've posted that because it's completely out of place in Poland on a regular car. The only stickers you see on cars is those stupid "Watch your mirrors, motorcycles are everywhere".

Content:

It's well made, look like a factory option. The driver was an attractive blonde woman. She obeyed road laws, etc. My only gripe is that it reflected sunlight as you imagine. It wasn't even particularily sunny that day.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

...stupid? The fact that it reminds people that motorcycles exist is a good thing considering how often we get a SORRY, I DIDN'T SEE YOU. Hint: That poo poo happens almost every commuting day.

Every tenth car in my area has one of those stickers, it doesn't stop some cyclists from installing fartcannons on pretense of safety.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

In Poland it's a rite of passage for young people working in construction or manual labor to spend all their first x paychecks on an old lovely BMW, Audi or VW Passat, always with 190-200 kkm, always driven by a lady or older german dude, mostly diesel. Of course a 14years old A6 TDI requires constant maintenance, which the car rarely gets.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

There's still a lot of good small cars available. I generally avoid VAG and German Premium stuff, so not familiar with them too much, but the new Clio, Yaris or i20 are pretty nice. So far we still have a choice between them and z-axis stretched variants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Number_6 posted:

I just wonder in 20 or 30 years, how in the world will anyone be able to restore or repair the systems on techy cars made today? Tear out all the proprietary electronics and replace with systems running Android Auto 2040?

For popular high volume models that will probably be the case. Some carmakers may finally find out that providing an option for long support looks good (or EU will make them) and will provide upgrade kits. Tesla will probably still be aggressive assholes, so container ships full of present models will end up somewhere in Eastern Europe or South America with complete refurb packages from China waiting to be installed.