Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Brit goons, please explain this. From 80s to weird to bad back to awesome:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

EightBit posted:

I would roll around in this with :420: smoke billowing out the windows.

Fog machine, we have the technology :science:

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
http://youtu.be/nGu8FPRDiSk

Hella loving Russian dash cam

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Ah yes, the majestic South Korean Eagle.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Speaking of lovely stickers:

The gently caress is wrong with people?

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

If I get weird targeted ads I'll know who to blame

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/08/28/finally-you-can-wrap-your-ford-in-bacon/

quote:

“This car just makes so much sense,” Allan Benton, CEO of Benton’s Country Hams, said in a press release. “In the 40 years I’ve been in this business, I’ve never seen so much interest in bacon.”

This would be funny for about a week tops.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

I... I can't stop browsing the thread :ohdear:

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Ooooooo wheeee gonna gently caress me a dead buck in the rear end I tell you what

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

PCOS Bill posted:

I'm singling this sentence fragment out because it makes it clear you're a destination, not journey, kind of guy, and while that's okay for you, it's not okay for everyone.

There's a time and place for everything. Track days, deserted mountain roads? Give me a bare bones sports car. 10 hour drive through the prairies, gridlock rush hour traffic? gently caress driving.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

iwentdoodie posted:

But I'd never own one because you can fit almost loving nothing inside it. Two days of groceries, maybe, if you have a passenger.

By far the worst part of the car is the fact that the top folds down into the trunk and halves the 4 ft3 capacity.

You can either have the top down or trunk space but not both: want to go on a nice summer road trip? gently caress you, enjoy the huge blind spots and cloth roof because who the gently caress buys a convertible for the open air experience?

Bulk Vanderhuge fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 9, 2016

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

This is the ideal vehicle body. You may not like it, but this is what peak automotive design looks like.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
https://globalnews.ca/news/3803558/his-stereos-so-loud-he-was-basically-banned-from-driving-then-he-doubled-its-power/

It's basically terrible car stuff bingo, he's going for gold.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Wait, so would a Chevy Avalanche be a ute? And a Ford Falcon with a flat bed not be a ute?

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Wikipedia says the Ecosport is based on the B2E platform. Shared drivetrain components =/= same platform.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Sagebrush posted:

Reminder that the car also doesn't have a traditional transaxle selector because it uses its sensors and ~AI~ to decide whether you intend to be moving forwards or backwards, and switches driving mode accordingly. For instance if there is a barrier in front of you when you turn on the car, it will automatically shift to reverse.

If the car makes the wrong decision, which the review notes happens pretty regularly, you can override it simply by swiping up or down on the left side of the main touch screen.

If the main screen breaks, have no fear: there is a backup set of PRNDL capacitive switches next to the cupholders. Normally they are disabled, only becoming active when the car detects that its main screen is broken and unusable.

I am not making any of this up.

Jesus loving christ

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Memento posted:

Tell me your vehicle was designed with only Southern California in mind no acknowledgement of 135 years of automobile design, without telling me your vehicle was only designed with Southern California in mind no acknowledgement of 135 years of automobile design

Seriously, the Ford Model A coupe has trunk drip channels.

The pop out door handles were also never tested in winter conditions.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
I'm terrible car stuff because I recognized it as a Saturn Vue and it looks like the stock tire size is 235/60-17 sooooo

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

PBCrunch posted:

I never noticed there was so much visual flab above the top of the side window on the nu Challenger. I think this image has ruined all 21st Century Challengers for me.

It looks like that area's been modified to emulate the flying buttresses on the old Charger. The new Challengers height and high beltline sticks out even more now. A longer nose and trunk would help with the proportions.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Powershift posted:

Supposed to be Ford engines, probably the 7.3 gasser/6 speed auto out of the e-series with a 6.50 rear gear for maximum fuel burnage.

Of course, what if people wanted to mail patio slab postcards or several horses :colbert:

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

MetaJew posted:

What is the source of these?

Second one is Future GPX Cyber Formula, imagine if F1 allowed stuff like the Tyrell P34 and Brabham BT46B to develop further. Now you have 6 wheeled AI augmented race cars with active aero, fan powered ground effects, and afterburning turbine engines.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

BuckyDoneGun posted:

It was better before they called it a Yaris back when it could still be had with a turbo:

The Vitz RS Turbo would like a word with you.

Edit: Oh, I didn't realize all three generations had turbo models, the TRD Turbo M and GRMN.

Bulk Vanderhuge fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Oct 22, 2022

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

StormDrain posted:

My absolute least favorite activity is grinding a weld and finding a huge hole.

Mine is blowing holes when welding on rusty sheet metal and then making more holes trying to fix the previous holes and then it's oops all booger welds.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
A botched BBL, but on a car

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Tolerances in single digit microns? What is he trying to say here?

A human hair is 50-70 microns in diameter, a red blood cell is 20 microns thick for fucks sake.

Edit: He's so loving dumb

Bulk Vanderhuge fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 24, 2023

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Countdown to Elon getting butthurt from less than stellar reviews and trying to ban a whole lot of journalists.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Scratch Monkey posted:

real life speed holes

We know that this guy has definitely been to the race track.

Bulk Vanderhuge fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 6, 2023

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Production woes don't help the manufacturer much, lovely dealers have absolutely been taking advantage though.

Scratch Monkey posted:

I’ve heard the latest gen of the Prius plug-in is pretty nice

It's really shaping up to be the ideal daily, plus it actually handles well with better tires.

The CVT might be a deal breaker but I'm crossing my fingers for a GR Prius. Like why else would they design it with more hp, decent handling, and a stylish yet somewhat impractical shape versus sticking with the original formula?

Bulk Vanderhuge fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 29, 2024

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Piddly UCAs fail again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Maybe Musk could provide a custom mini sub?