Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but it's terrible for me so that's good enough. This is my very first car, Suzi:

A 93 Isuzu Amigo and an aboslute piece of poo poo. This thing never worked for me. I couldn't even drive it for the first few years I owned it because it never idled right. Add to that it was a stick shift and I barely knew how to go forward, let alone how to juggle gas and clutch, and this thing was barely "my" car- my family drove it more than me. Every time I tried to drive it or learn to drive it, it poo poo the bed and sat for a few months.

I never even got to take it to a car wash, now that I think about it :(.

gently caress it, this has been a lawn gnome long enough. I'm tired of having a piece of poo poo in my driveway mocking me. I've put everything into this, and it's given me nothing back. I even tried selling it as a parts car and it hosed that up. Fine, Suzi, you don't want to go to a good home? You'll go to a bad home.

Towing it onto the bed was farther than it's driven in the past year.

And gently caress you, stupid car, I'm keeping those tires.

I loved this car, more than I should have. I put everything I had into getting it on the road for years, but it never wanted to leave the driveway. Good riddance, you stubborn mule.

...I'll probably buy another in a few years when I have the disposable income. I've learned nothing.

edit: VVVVV not for lack of trying. I can't keep dumping hundreds and thousands of dollars into a car due to sentiment (well, I can and did, this is where it's gotten me). I've put way too much money in it at this point. At some point you have to cut your losses.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I read somewhere that someone swapped a cadillac northstar into an amigo or a rodeo, or maybe it was the oldsmobile version of the engine. I always dreamed of getting a ford 5.0 and transmission in it, but then the dream turned to getting her back on the road in any capacity, and then that dream faded and was replaced with bitter pain and disappointment. That was five years ago, and it hasn't gotten any better. All I wanted to do when I looked at it was hit it with a sledge hammer.

Believe me, I've shed plenty of tears for this thing. I've paid for her at least ten times over by now, but the nickle-and-diming never ended. I just couldn't take it any more. If anyone lives in Western North Carolina I can tell you what scrap yard it's in. I love this car (still do, honestly), but I hate it with every fiber of my being.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

BraveUlysses posted:

3 wheels is always bad, no exceptions

Ahem?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Honestly I can't bring myself to hate it. It's awful, but it's perfect.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Wilson!

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

The Midniter posted:

I just bought a house and my new neighbor across the street had one of these in his driveway. I've heard it a couple times and it sounded like a lawnmower. I figured it was an exhaust leak, but no, when he introduced himself to me and I brought it up, he said it was running on two cylinders.

That was in early January. It's still running on two cylinders.

The poor guy, he's accepted his fate like a fox accepts chewing off its foot to get out of a trap. You don't want to but gently caress it, you gotta do what you gotta do.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I remember this one truck commercial, but I can't remember the brand. I think it was dodge. The spokesman was talking about the interior quality and said "our interior is second to none. And by none I mean Chevy and Ford."

So... Your interior is second to your competitors? I don't think they thought that commercial through, they just want to get petty digs in at he competition any way they can.

Still not as dumb as Chevy's bear cage thing, where real bear cages are made of aluminum, not steel.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Gomi Day posted:

looks like it was probably a flower car, at one point?

CONTENT:

I've seen pictures of these for years, and I still can't understand why anyone would do this. It's an actual half-assed body kit. If they at least did something to the rear to make it match the front it would look interesting instead of just lazy.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Sep 4, 2017

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Darchangel posted:

They do change the rear?

Huh, first time I've ever seen that, never noticed before. Doesn't really help it though.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
There's more going on than just a limp-home-bodge-job, but it's all so wrong.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
It goes against everything in me to post something Mad Max related in the terrible car thread, but this is incredibly :mediocre: Sequels are held up because of studio money fuckery. George Miller is 73 years old, I hope this movie doesn't take 20 years to make like Fury Road did.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Someone did a fan-editted black and chrome without the voice tracks, he kinda cheated by using the surround sound channels, cutting out the channels with voices, and mixing them back into stereo (I think, I don't remember) I should have it on my computer somewhere, but I don't know if sharing is kosher.

My favorite part of Furiosa being the main character is that's how Mad Max goes. For everyone around him, it's the most important day of their lives. For him, it's just another rough day.

e: apparently I don't have it, bummer.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 18, 2018

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
The more I look at it the more I find wrong. I wonder if the hitch is even hooked up.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

I've joked in the past about putting minigun barrels in one of my comet's headlight bezel sets because I'm going for a mad max look (no one ever accused me of having good taste), but I can't believe someone was dumb enough to use real guns- I think there's a second shotgun on the other side, there's a cable running for that one's trigger on the back edge. It's like a redneck Bond car (edit: in a bad way).

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 7, 2018

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

glyph posted:

Ho buddy, have I got bad news for you. Them ain’t allen heads.

Oh my God why...

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

david_a posted:

I got a fairly large chip in my windshield 2 weeks after I got my current car... 6 years ago. These glass horror stories make me feel justified in never replacing it. It’s out of my field of view and I’ve heard (at least back in the day) that replacement windshields would commonly leak.

My brother had the windshield on his Cherokee replaced about 6 or 7 years ago, the replacement had a leak and a whistle at highway speeds. It was annoying as hell, we ended up covering the inside and outside seams on the passenger side with duct tape to shut it up. Granted it might have been because he went with a cheaper option, but still a pain in the rear end.

e: clarifying a bit

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 13, 2018

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Combat Theory posted:

Hello, I'm a month late to the party since I've had to catch up with the thread since... Err.. April?

Aniways yes there is, in the Form of conversion kits for handicapped people (specifically leg handicaps)

Volkswagen and Mercedes offer them as unlisted options from the factory.

There's also some less trustworthy aftermarket solutions

I would be happy enough just to have a horseshoe shifter for my project, but I have the bench seat so that's probably not an option. The OEM ones look like they would be easy enough to adapt to eventually, but the thumb one looks sketchy as hell.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

iospace posted:

Wrong thread

Way wrong thread. Offroad Miatas are proof that God doesn't hate us entirely, only mostly.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Question: what's more hated, the prowler, the last thunderbird or the ssr? I don't care much for the ford but I've never been able to bring myself to hate the other two as much as everyone else seems to.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Jonny Nox posted:

If I were a billionaire, I'd just get an original t-bucket tho.

Or a '34 Ford Hotrod more likely.

I keep coming back to the same thought, if I hit the lottery I'd consider buying one but then probably change my mind and buy a Factory Five 33 roadster instead.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

CommieGIR posted:

Pretty sure this is what it was.

Yeah, it's a comet, I'm pretty sure it's a 64. Glad to see no matter what I do to mine it won't be the ugliest one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Humphreys posted:

Thats a double whammy of terrible because B Is For Botch Build is involved lol

Taking a totaled mustang and hacking it into a clone of a meh car from a not-very-good movie. Honestly it's fitting that b is for build would get involved in such a stupid idea.

If you'd like to see that kind of build done by someone else, look up "gt500 superswap" on youtube, that guy did a much better job of turning a modern mustang into a 67. Sadly it isn't a build-series, it's just some beauty shots and a timelapse of the build

E: vvv Yeah there's definitely something more to this story.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 3, 2020