Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Saw this in the parking lot of the shopette, not shown is the "Unfading" sticker across the top of the windshield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

"Stunting Real Tactics"

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cummins-recall-epa/cummins-to-recall-500000-u-s-trucks-over-faulty-emissions-part-idUSKBN1KL2E3

WASHINGTON/DETROIT (Reuters) - Cummins Inc has agreed to recall about 500,000 medium- and heavy-duty trucks in the United States to correct a faulty emissions control system in the engines it made for the trucks, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency said on Tuesday

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

I often make bad decisions in my life, is it a totally horrible idea to buy a manual without knowing how to drive stick and just make myself learn it then? I mean, I am pretty dumb.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

That's what I've been thinking, just worried about damaging the clutch on a new car, hopefully the new si's are idiot proof enough that I wouldn't do too much to it.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

sandoz posted:

do you seriously not know one single person who drives a manual that will give you a quick lesson/practice?

my '18 Si has a very easy clutch and shifter but i would not want to learn stick driving it or any brand new car off the lot

Unfortunately both of my fiance's cars aren't inspected and he's a little unwilling to let me drive either of them until they're more fixed.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Thank you for the advice, I won't be pulling the trigger on getting a new car until December at the earliest right now, but it has made the decision easier.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

It was the parts they had laying around?

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

What is up with the stupid gear dials or switches?

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

I have a stupid hope that something will be done to curb trucks getting so needlessly big, but I know better than that. I can only hope that dipshits won't be able to afford their payments for now.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Darchangel posted:

My '70 Cutlass, and, interestingly, my former '90 RX-7, had crotch blower vents. They are blissful in a hot Texas summer.

In terrible news, Corvette SUV:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-14/gm-said-to-work-on-expanding-corvette-line-with-crossover-suv

See, Ford? See what you started with the "Mustang" Mach-E?

I'm a broken record about my hate of suv's and crossovers, but why the gently caress does everything have to be a crossover or suv.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

charliemonster42 posted:

Loss of taste is a COVID symptom, I’d be worried, too.

I feel like it wraps back around to great, because it's over the top and I don't believe it's meant to be serious. I'm also swamp trash too, so take my opinion with a pound of salt.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

I love cars, motorcycles, anything that's motorized or has wheels really, but I can't understate how much I loving hate brotrucks. It's gotten to the point to where I just see every crossover or suv in the same lens as brotrucks now. I wish there was something that could be done to get them off the road and get the drivers of them into therapy or at least to understand how much of a shitstain they are.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Speaking of big trucks, one of my coworkers bought a big bro truck, and my supervisor at the time lives/works on a family farm and had a beat to hell dually. My supervisor used to walk out every morning when my coworker came in and folded in his tow mirrors, it was always amusing how mad he got. Kid never towed anything.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

The truck cost and loan terms baffle me. I'm paying about 260 a month for my gti and that's on the upper limit of what I'd consider reasonable. I've been lucky enough to have a decent paying job where that payment is more than reasonable. How in the world are people dealing with payments of 700 or more a month? That's more than my share of the mortgage.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Speedbumps should be illegal.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

I am terrible car stuff. Bucket seats hurt my hips now and am unsure why.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Here in central PA, it's kind of baffling to me to see so many car lots near empty, it seems like only the Nissan and Chrysler dealers have a decent amount of inventory, granted probably for good reason. I know it's a dumb question, but are that many more people buying cars than average right now or is supply just that hosed?

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yes please.

But the Ford Maverick will have to do for now I guess, it's the closest thing to what I want in terms of efficiency and utility, kinda looking forward to driving one and hoping I wont be completely disappointed.

I wish the maverick wasn't a four door, I'd like a standard cab or extended at most, but I feel like I'm in the minority of people who don't like four door/crew cab trucks.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Head Bee Guy posted:

yeah gently caress that poo poo.

If you have more than one friend or coworker, they gotta ride in the bed.

my husband gives me the same poo poo about disliking crew cabs, it's a weird aesthetic thing of mine and reminds me of doing dumb poo poo as teenagers in single cab trucks, nostalgia is weird.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

honda whisperer posted:

Ooh did you get a new one? Probably not the thread for it but I'd read a goon take on it. Hell we might have enough people in here for a 86/brz: it's like a Miata or s2000 but isn't thread.

I'd be interested, even if buying a new one is currently just a daydream.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Man, I know it's dumb of me, but every time I see a new BRZ regardless of circumstance I want one.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

BraveUlysses posted:

they're great OP

That does look great. I'd love to get one, but buying a car is probably a bit silly right now,. How is the stereo in it though? I think outside of ride quality, the stereo would be my biggest concern moving from my gti.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

I know AvE is a chud, but his latest video is especially bad. gently caress him.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

MetaJew posted:

I didn't know he was a chud but I also haven't watched his videos in a few years. What'd he do? Was he in the convoy?

https://youtu.be/mTbewfX3q34

If you don't want to click it, it's a short video seemingly endorsing the convoy poo poo in Canada

Pine Cone Jones fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 1, 2022

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

i've been saying for fuckin years that the guy was a chud, ever since he started selling those rulers graduated in "oval office hairs" (blonde/redhead/brunette/mediterranean, naturally), and everyone was like nooo that's just how shop guys talk, quit being so sensitive, it's all part of his act

gently caress him. i have relatives in ottawa and they said some of the trucks in the convoy are flying literal nazi flags. gently caress him

There were most definitely nazi flags in the convoy from what I saw.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Every time I see a dodge ram now, I think about naked cowboys at ram ranch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

which one? there were 18

I dunno, I was too distracted with Steve