Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.
Needs to trade wheels with the one I saw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

netwerk23 posted:

As seen at my local Toys'R'Us a few days ago. Florida has no inspections, but I wonder if the safety risk would get him pulled over?
Regardless of inspections, he has no headlights. Apparently Florida Statute 316.217 only requires them to be lit for certain situations, so as long as they are not driving:
  • between sunset and sunrise
  • in the rain
  • in fog
  • around a corner
they should be okay

Except for the fact that Florida Statute 316.220 flat out requires headlights.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

enojy posted:

Pretty much everything that is wrong with hellaflush. Wrong-threaders go gently caress yourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTGR6IAYQAc

"Yeah, it takes me 30 minutes to get out of my driveway every morning. Why do you ask?"

I was waiting for the part where he has to stop traffic and get out his boards to get over an aluminum can, but I was disappointed.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Awesome, I bought this one for my son last year (first hot wheel from Dad!).

Here's one I have that I took a picture of a few weeks ago. Not looking so good:

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Boat posted:

This may seem like a weird request, but do you have this larger or is that full resolution? I'd like to put it in my desktop rotation because with the graininess it's hard to determine at a glance if it's a full size beat up car or a miniature and I dig that.
Not weird at all! Full resolution: http://i.imgur.com/zJzBo.jpg

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Shai-Hulud posted:

Im pretty sure we've already talked about that thing in one of these threads and after someone shopped away one of the two sets of headlights it actually looked alright.
That was an Aztek:
original:

edited (by salt the fries!):

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Powershift posted:

edit: dammit, russia, stop doing this poo poo.
potential :nws: ads http://www.yaplakal.com/forum11/topic482740.html
This is what i think of when i hear "rebuilt title"
Hey they're not all maniacs, someone responded with this (via Google translate):

Игорена (Igor) posted:

What can I say? Well lads, yes hands of assholes not grow, but oh well done, but .... They sell it as it is not broken, and no painted to some person, to put it mildly, does not understand such things. It is good if it is to ride carefully and without incident. But anything can happen in life: and if he falls to get into a serious accident? And expansion of this constructor to the same small parts. All these welds will fly to Ebony. And the chances of survival in a tub much less than normal. Duck in the end: these "gold" guys ready capsules to someone's death? Sleep normally then later at night?

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

Will it fit out the door?
I was just about to say the same thing. Maybe they'll have to deflate the tires.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

^^ No headlights?

Also, wrong thread?

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Sweet camber on that front wheel. Hellacrush!

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Tusen Takk posted:

Even if it was one of those winged Smart cars, he still just cost his company more than what many Americans make in a year it should have (just realised it's probably a used car, not new :v:). If it was an accident then that's one thing but it sounds more like he was pissed about having to do something he didn't want to.

It definitely would have been easier and cheaper to just shovel it out... Apparently critical thinking ability lessens proportionally to the temperature outside :v:
I think they should have towed it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDjmylmXxew
(This is one of my all time favorites)

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

GutBomb posted:

It's not for the street, I don't really see what's wrong with it.
1) it is on a street
2) look at the original:

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Viggen posted:

I think I've found the ugliest car in the world. Just because parts are exchangeable, doesn't mean you should.

Very strange to see a picture of basically the back of my own car in this thread. He needs to fix his badges as they like to fall off on the 9-2x and probably other SAAB models.

I had to do that with mine but I used these instead of stock:

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Viggen posted:

I think people continue to completely misinterpret this post. It's neither end that is horrible, it's just that I feel that they don't work together.. but expecting to see this:

"Wait.. what?"
Got it. I personally like the more subdued look of the 9-2X, rather than the way curvier original Impreza styling, and they definitely shouldn't be mixed.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

:rice: posted:

Concept carbon wide body kit only one in the world
:eng99:This used to be an S2000

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Zeether posted:

I think this is in the wrong thread. Apart from those ridiculous flares that looks pretty okay.

Plus it has those wheels with 1 colored spoke which look cool in motion.
Hey if they are actually racing it, I will agree I put it in the wrong thread. But those flares are pretty crazy. I saw it on Facebook with no context.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

dissss posted:

Sadly that kit is fairly common here, there is even another SW20 with it listed

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/toyota/mr2/auction-564623487.htm
This thread has taught me that the Intruder body kit is popular everywhere. Most likely because they made it for a ton of models.

Hyundai!!!

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Snowdens Secret posted:

Same car:

Not sure what's going on with that A-pillar

You guys can't post that car without the full build:
http://englishrussia.com/2008/05/29/lithuanians-and-pu-foam/

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Wotalt posted:

I'm the only person I've seen who holds it one-handed in racecar position, usually on the left as a lefty. Not an all-around great driving position, but work-route and coffee you know. Much better control than douchebag, with farmer-style steering. And Volvo thumb-horns.
I do a lot too, because manual :smug:

My 3 year old is always telling me to put both hands on the wheel.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

SiliconX posted:

Couple days old, but this is absolutely baffling. I know there's "one born every minute" but I have a very difficult time imaging that there's actually people on this earth so brain-dead that they think this is in any way legitimate. How do they survive in day to day life and haven't been eaten by a bear or something?

The videos brought tears to my eyes I was laughing so hard.
They might be more believable if they didn't claim to be able to replicate pretty much any supercar. Maybe stick to just a couple?

Also, there was some confusion by one of the articles I read about how they weren't sure how they had access to real Lamborghinis. Probably is not that hard when you're fleecing people from around the world for 20-50k for fake cars.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

They should have rebadged it as an Exploder.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

It looks so much better with the 'stache shaved off.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

How not to parallel park.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

This thing must really be great offroad, like how a razor that has 5 blades is awesome because there are 5 of a thing. Also why does it have a minitruck style sideways license plate spot with no snappy personalized plate like "4XBETTR".

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Coasterphreak posted:

I cannot for the life of me tell if you're serious or not, so please clarify: Somebody in your local PD made the decision to paint logos from a line of children's toys onto the hoods of fleet vehicles? And nobody in town had an issue with that particular use of taxpayer dollars?

I mean, I think it's hilarious if true, but it amazes me that there was not a shitstorm of epic proportions.
Their DARE vehicle has an ejector seat, I think the logos are the least concern at this point. "Don't get high on drugs, kids, get high on being propelled out of the roof by this here gas explosion!"

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Sockington posted:

Speaking of flares...

This is all I can see:

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Fart Pipe posted:

I take a picture any time I park next to a Subaru.
If you did this in Washington you'd have a picture of every place you've ever parked.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Is it bad that the thing I'm most upset about on that car is the winch?
Only because that means you must have missed the carbon fiber headlights.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I think that's what happens when you put Xs over the headlights.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

And the video, for those of you who haven't seen it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtxd27jlZ_g

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

This is a real prowler:

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I ride the bus to work, but I couldn't do it without a car because I have to take my kid to daycare and then get to the park and ride. If I had to bike/walk to get to the bus it would take me like 2 hours to get to work.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

freelop posted:

Cross posting from PYF
PYF horrible workplace accident?

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

rear end in a top hat Bicycle posted:

When the ship is sunk, everyone knows how she might have been saved.

When you're in that moment, it's hard to be thorough and logical.
I think everybody who drives a manual regularly would have no problem putting their car into neutral in this kind of situation. Of course this leads to the thinking that everybody else would do the exact same thing, even though the solution might not occur to someone if they only drive automatics.

(I drive a manual) :smug:

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

echoplex posted:

8 less rare Corvettes in the world:

What are the odds of a skinkhole just eating up a car museum?
Was it in Florida? If so, probably 50/50.

e: Nope, Kentucky. Probably more like 1/10.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Geoj posted:

At least its in decent shape and appears to be a car that someone truly cares about. I'll have to start keeping an eye out for some of what passes for "historic" vehicles here in Ohio. Usually they're rust heaps and the Historic plate status is just the owner doing an end-run around emissions testing.
It makes me wish I still had the '82 Mercury Grand Marquis that I drove in high school, that thing was classy. I will have to find a picture of it.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Hey those are some neat looking custom stripes on this Mustang!

Wait, that doesn't look right...

:smith:

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

It most definitely was. I took these photos a couple of weeks ago, and the last time I saw this car the stripes were gone but the owner had done something else. They actually did a pretty good job of putting it on, except for on the back.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I always thought it was a neat car, but the worst part about the Prowler is the association with the PT Cruiser.

All this talk reminds me of a car that never made it to production, the Dodge Copperhead Concept Car:

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Yesterday I saw this car:

It now has a mirror blue vinyl wrap though and I'm sad that it wasn't safe for me to get a picture of it.

Fortunately the internet has me covered and I can show you a similar car: