Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

parrhesia posted:

Classy. Real classy.

Maybe he bought it at Target, and wanted it gift wrapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
NEVADA.JPG. I couldn't have staged this any better if I tried.

click for beeg

It has a really godawful peeling "Judge" paint job. If you look at the large photo you can see that it's entirely gone off the roof and down the rear.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Wolfsbane posted:

Is painting the top half of your car black a thing? I saw three different cars (separately, in different places) driving around the other day with one half red and the other half black. Couldn't figure it out at all.

In this case, it was that style. The rear even had gothic "THE JUDGE" script. I was laughing too hard to try to focus on that picture. It would have shown off how bad this paint was missing everywhere, though.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Its always a Fiero GT, except when its a SAAB.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

wayfinder posted:

They misspelled "typist".

This car. This one right here. It is so late 70s/early 80s redneck that I almost want to try to love it, but it's not an A body, it's not a G body, it's not an F body.

It's just another gutless shitstain with really awful 'makes its own glue' applications.

Go, go, Gadget TypeR8.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Gas Chat, You're our next caller.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Sudo Echo posted:

Both of these belong in the awesome thread, who wouldn't want to drive the THUNDER MAZDA?

I concur. :banjo:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

The suspension is a little woody, but if you lay on the horn, they'll notice.

v- Guilty. Put me out to pasture.

Viggen fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 21, 2012

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

I like how they couldn't even get the front and rear doors to line up properly. It must have been opened at least, oh.. twice.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

DocCynical posted:

I don't think this person understands how the box of a truck works.

Gotta keep it in the cab because of the gently caress'n rakins, dude! The rakins!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Dead horse runnin'..

Did I count 5.0 functional ribs?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

MikeyTsi posted:

There's a lot more pictures, each one more horrible than the last,...

quote:

I AM SELLING THE VEHICLE "AS IS" AS IT IS USED. I AM A GEORGIA DEALER. YES, A GEORGIA FULLY LICENSED DEALER. THIS CAR IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE TO A GEORGIA RESIDENT. IF YOU HAVE A GEORGIA DRIVERS LICENSE I WILL NOT SELL THIS CAR TO YOU. PLEASE DO NOT BID ON THIS CAR! THE REASON IS BECAUSE IN GA I WOULD BE REQUIRED TO PROCESS THE TITLE FOR YOU. SINCE THIS IS A "REBUILT" TITLE IT WILL NEED TO PASS GEORGIA INSPECTION PROCESS FOR A GA RESIDENT. I WILL NOT SUBMIT THIS CAR FOR GA INSPECTION, EVEN THOUGH I BELIEVE IT WILL PASS AFTER A FEW ITEMS ARE RETURNED TO ORIGINAL CONDITION. PLEASE DO NOT BID OR CONSIDER BUYING THIS IF YOU ARE A GA RESIDENT.

:gonk:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

tbb9 posted:

I just read this as "I won't sell this car to anyone who I might see again"

Yep. Doesn't want to get sued to poo poo for a turd.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Geoj posted:

Why do people think this is a good idea...?

We don't. I swear. That it has factory wheels, though, just makes me cringe. I will pretend that the rear end got smacked hard, and that it has a replacement trunk which is nearly the same color, but not quite.

I've never seen a tarted-up 95. Just 93s.

:sweden:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

angryhampster posted:

Same dealer where I got my car. drat good dealer.

How else is it supposed to get the juice to run into others?

Oxford Comma posted:

It looks like a bumper car.

t:mad:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Personally, I'm waiting for DieselProsIIe, or at least DieselProsIIc+.

E: At least they have 3xl shirts. Goontacular!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Those are some innovative ways to squeal the tires. :haw:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Uhhhh:

OK i have two thing to trade i have my newly built custom computer built 4 months ago and a 1994 ford probe 2dr automatic i have title for the car i just recently bought it but problems of it spitting out white smoke came a day later of buying it i've been told several things it might be but i'm no mechanic .. I'm looking for a reliable car i don't care about the cosmetic damage i just want it to last and run i per-fer a car with either 4 or 2 doors automatic with 1.4 or 1.6l engine no trucks, suvs, or wagons i drive a lot and need a good mpg car i have a video of my computer and this is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-i7SvAw1tQ&feature=g-upl so please let me know what u have send me pics with info on it must be automatic and reliable please please please i use it for work i drive a lot and im despretly in need of a reliable car with great gas milage

v- T(aurus) WReX.

Viggen fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 6, 2012

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Couldn't get a picture of it in time, but it was an old Jetta that someone appeared to use a putty knife to scrape their hood down to the metal. It is really difficult to describe just how bad it looked.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

davebo posted:

Is that how you prep VW's for that rust look? I want to see what they look like after the paint is gone but before that ridiculous patina stage.

I don't think it is common to use a putty knife (he either used that or a dremel with an oversized stone grinder - and is a heroin addict). It really looked godawful.

I've heard of various stripping methods, but never seen anything gouged this badly that wasn't in an accident - it was the metal equivalent of using a pry bar on soft plastic.

I had never felt the urge to follow someone and ask if they wanted help pissing on their hood (rusts faster) before seeing how awful this looked with shiny metal.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Uh.. yeah.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Jeffrey Jones, how far you have fallen. :(

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

General_Failure posted:

Well, that's entirely dependent on where you are talking about.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=australia+heat+related+deaths

I think the native critters will get to you long before the heat.. drop bears, huntsman (ok funnelweb), jellyfish, sharks, and Perth, welp...

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
I think I've found the ugliest car in the world. Just because parts are exchangeable, doesn't mean you should.

(This is why:)

Craigslist posted:

for sale
Saab 9-2x 2005 This model was made by Subaru.
It has everything from WRX and STi Subaru models.
All parts are interchangeable from Subaru.
all wheel drive.
2.0L Turbo engine in very good condition.
88k miles.
5spd manual in very good condition very smooth and silent.
Lowering springs.
STi steering rack.
Cloth standart interior.
after front accident it got front end from WRX Wagon. Salvage title. No frame damage, No deployed airbags. See a picture at the bottom of this add.
Really fun, reliable, firm ride.
+Keyless entry.
6cd radio with AUX in.T

Moving to east coast. Available in one-two weeks. I am still driving it.

$8,5k

eMail me if you are serious buyer.
if you see this ad, that it is still available.

WRX: Mullet edition?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

BoostCreep posted:

So you just really hate the Impreza wagon then? Other than the taillights and badging on the hatch, they look pretty identical to me.

A normal WRX, or the ill-fated 9-2x, I'm fine with. This, however, I'm not a fan of.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I was looking at that car last night when searching for wagons and even though it's over priced at first I thought good things...

Have you tried talking to Dave White? He's the indy shop in Washoe Valley. He's helped me buy and sell a few. The best part is he's no-BS. He'll tell you if the car is a junker, how it's been maintained, etc. If you don't have the number, shoot me an email/PM and I'll send it to you.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
A V6 auto.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Custom :gonk: '86 Starion!

"Craigslist posted:

Nice custom 1986 mitsubishi starion turbo on 20" venti plus rims. 2011 Cameron taillights 2002 Pontiac sunfire headlights 2002 oldsmobile alero fog lights 2006 Nissan 350z front and rear, 2006 BMW 745 center console. Contact me at 6094247843

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

JP Money posted:

Holy gently caress. The rear isn't great but it's alright. That front end though. God drat. It'd look probably really good if it was a stock front end.

"I like that paint job", in other words?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

JP Money posted:

It's not the stock rear end.

I was just trying to get you to qualify WHAT you liked; that is the least hatcheted part of the car.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Cruseydr posted:

Very strange to see a picture of basically the back of my own car in this thread.

I think people continue to completely misinterpret this post. It's neither end that is horrible, it's just that I feel that they don't work together.. but expecting to see this:

"Wait.. what?"

Indeed. Probably more sawdust in the Starion, though. :golfclap: :haw:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

some texas redneck posted:

I can't tell which end is the front :psyduck:

The one that Inspector Gadget ISN'T sitting in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-JHfXVlkik

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

We're all proud to bean, dude.. Like Some Texas Redneck.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Done found this one passed out by the terlets. Her name is Marge RAALFFFFF, or somethin'. Looket them boobies.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
There are no words. (Clicky, clicky - but it's in Swedish)

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

MrChips posted:

As much as Jack Baruth is a miserable, whinging, pompous, overstuffed anal wart of a human being, he's absolutely right in this case.

Every time I see someone quote TTaC, I cringe a bit. Thanks for giving me faith in humanity. Baruth still shits me, though. His GT-R BAD FOR NISSAN still annoys me, even though I'll never own one.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

JP Money posted:

"This mustang will go from 0 to 241 KMH ...in 10 seconds." Who the gently caress decided KMH was the best method to report the speed here?

It sounds better than 150.. it's BIGGER!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
You're acting like a man with a length of 15cm should care about such things.. :clint:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Collateral Damage posted:

Meanwhile other manufacturers have solved the problem of needing secondary latches at all.

A black Carlsson! :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

kill me now posted:

Next we're going to hear people saying that porsche should make the 911 mid engined instead of rear engined.

After 50 years, they could do something other than making a whole ton of cars that fail to be as worthwhile.