Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Aurune posted:

I hate other people.

This is why I like having a shitbox for errands. Block 'em in. I blocked in a dotcom-rich porsche owner who took up 5 parking spots once (in a very small lot) nearly a lifetime ago. My buddy with the beat up 80s Toyota and my big old G-Body kept his car safe and secure in the parking lot overnight. :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Kachunkachunk posted:

Couldn't he get your cars towed, or is it a private lot? I suppose you could have called a tow truck on him as well.
I like your approach more, don't get me wrong, but I wonder what I could do in those circumstances and see if I would have gotten away with blocking someone in as well.

It was a private lot, and this was dotcom. We were both coding through the evening, roughly 2500ft from the parking lot. We didn't even leave until noon, and that was to go get food.

We were technically just skirting the spaces on either side, and we may have actually kept him from being towed - if he had pissed off others in the business park for his actions, he would have been towed if enough people called the administrative office.

The problem we had was that everyone who worked there was assigned a single space by the building management - god forbid you were a client who parked on the 'hidden' side of the parking lot. This guy literally pulled across several sideways and kept several of our coworkers from parking in the 'patrolled' lot (it had cameras).

It was a dickhead move in response to a dickhead move. However, we did not touch, or otherwise mess with his car. We just sent him the 'Don't do this' signal. He didn't do it again.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Polymerized Cum posted:

Someone please post that crazy Russian website where they poorly repair totalled vehicles.

http://m3.madrussian.net/

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Polymerized Cum posted:

Are you sure? That just takes me to a BMW page

:thejoke:

I thought I saved it as a bookmark, but I couldn't find it. :smith:

E: How the hell are there 2x the number of folks in YOSPOS than AI?

Viggen fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 3, 2013

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Godholio posted:

That car was already terrible before that guy ever got his hands on it.

Berkley, of course..

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

kastein posted:

This is like saying that "lock" almost looks like "gently caress".

Ausfahrt

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

grumplestiltzkin posted:

god, this really makes me hate the fact that my car is silver. When you see a picture like this and realize just how little variation there is in car colors its a bit depressing.

It's called Sun Green. It's Silver, and it's Green, and it's AWESOME! :rock:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I hate to tell you this, but your car...

... is silver:negative:

Not. Quite.

It was only produced from 2000-2002. Initially I wasn't a fan, but it grew on me. It's pretty easy to find your car in a parking lot, too.

KozmoNaut posted:

My car is silver, and I wish it was any other color. Unfortunately, the rest of it was way too good to pass by, so now I'm part of the silver sedan brigade as well :(

Two silver sedans as well checking in.. I like silver. I usually joke "If I wanted to go undercover, I'd buy an early 2000s white Impala." They're everywhere.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
You can have it in any color you want, just so long as it's black.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

CommieGIR posted:

There was a silver Saab in the background :ssh:

That wasn't a Turbo X. :q:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
I have two black cars, two silver cars, and one silver-green car.

gently caress all y'haters. You don't choose what color you get when they're used.. or only available in one color. :q:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Das Volk posted:

I try to avoid stereotyping drivers based on location, but Californians are downright dangerous in inclement weather.

This was essentially what happened during the November vacation. I was one of about 20 who made it to Gold Run to get half a cup of instant coffee and take a leak. about 10 miles prior, a truck jacknifed and took out part of the guardrail as well as blocking the entire westbound lanes. I thought it a bit odd as no cars were entering the rest area about 5 minutes after me, and then got a frantic call from the relatives stuck behind that mess.

Not sure if the trip was worse, or the vacation. I got to play taxi when their Ranger died. Twice.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
So who wants to buy my '72 Kawasaki F6 125 Enduro. It worked the last time I tried.. around '97. Hoses and electrics will likely need some help by now. It's 6v, and other than a rebuilt carb and essentials, all original with a lovely rattlecan paintjob atop of the faded factory.. :q:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

General_Failure posted:

Sounds loving awesome! You know I actually probably would if geographical separation wasn't an issue.

It's fun, and a noisy little street/dirt legal 2 cycle. However, I know I am not a teenager anymore, and since I hurt just existing, I try not to propel myself at rocks with marginal protection these days.

However, that doesn't mean that you won't be fine. v:v:v

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

General_Failure posted:

Our dashes are metal.

All the better to blind you with for not getting an old Holden.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

MikeyTsi posted:

We can question choice of materials and how dumb it is to not have the drat thing clamped, but that's a pretty standard way to set up a dump line from a turbo to the oil pan.

Paging TT. Paging TT.. pls repost your mayonnaise jar config.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

General_Failure posted:

I didn't realise those things worked on their side. Or is that the purpose of that photo?

Read back on TT created threads, GF. You've missed quite a bit since August.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

As a Ducati owner :smug:, I pity you who will never know the smug of owning a Ducati.

He can buy yours in a month or two, and just wash it off and give it a paint job?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Terminus Est posted:

Where do you live?

Rural Cali-Nevada. It may be possible to meet up in Reno, but the bike itself has old rotting tires, and was rebuilt in 1992-1993, and hasn't been run since about 1997 (no gas in it, of course). Since I used it as a dirt bike, I never bothered registering it. It started fine with a kickstart, but the battery is long gone. You can email me saviggen @ the googmails, or send me a PM if you're actually interested. It's in pretty good physical condition, but it's not a 'drive off' unless you are completely insane.

E: Still don't get the silver hate. I like silver. :colbert:

Viggen fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 10, 2013

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
GM's 2012 Chevy Sonic ad in a herrafrush magazine someone signed me up to as a cruel joke:

OK.. whatever.

Wait, what's that?

Yes I took this picture with an Android powered potato.

GM Ad posted:

Professional driver on closed course. Do not attempt. Vehicle shown with equipment from an independent supplier and is not covered by the GM New Vehicle Limited Warranty. GM does not endorse any specific alterations to your vehicle. Modifications can adversely affect the vehicle's performance characteristics and void the warranty. All modifications should be performed by qualified professionals who ensure that they are accomplished safely and in compliance with the law. GM is not responsible for the safety or quality of independent supplier alterations. 1 EPA estimate for available 1.4L turbocharged engine with 6-speed manual transmission.

Keep on 'stancin'. :waycool:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

That has to be a prank.. it looks like a really bad coat of plastidip.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Motronic posted:

Because some of us like a driving experience that is more than just power and handling.

Don't you work on Rovers?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

InitialDave posted:

Of the 10 "Most Popular" stories listed down the side, 3 are about people having sex with animals.

When was the last time you checked your cookies? :crossarms:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

InitialDave posted:

:laugh:

I think it's because I was reading the "Horsemeat in burgers" story. I love that the American perspective on the situation lacks the "What kind of loving weirdo would eat horse? Oh yeah, the French." angle that all our stories include. :britain:

That's only because we don't teach geography in school anymore.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
This is post terrible car stuff, not "Post, terrible car people". :q:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Rhyno posted:

There should be a hotline for cars parked by jackasses.

*<LOCAL COPS> or #<LOCAL COPS>

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

DrPain posted:

The owner tells me that stripper poles attach and the seats on the top deck are great for lapdances.

The next time you want a lapdance from a Steaddite or a Ferntuckian, just let me know and I'll send them your way. :zombie:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

neckbeard posted:

redneck done wrong

Thats just Tusen Takk.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

also

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1675

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Octopus Magic posted:

I'd like to consider myself pretty flexible with body kits but holy poo poo:

The mumps are no laughing matter! <:mad:>

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Plastic surgery isn't always the best option..

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

TheFonz posted:

What are the wheels on this, and do they make then in a sensible 18" variety?

You can get them free when you buy a DECtape.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

You Am I posted:

I love the louvre shade look on the tail lights. Reminds me of a XF Falcon

That has to be the strangest tarted up Delta 88 that I've ever seen.

E: It's always a goddamn Cavalier.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Fo3 posted:

That's a Ford Falcon circa 1984.
the GM/cavallier equivalent in 1984 was a VK commodore, (if you disregard the camira, and you always should)

I can't even tell anymore. gently caress anything 80s that wasn't a G Fox Body.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Cakefool posted:

You guys are terrible car stuff

Spernin' 'n' Trollin': AI in a nutshell.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

kastein posted:

Is the whole "one purple headlight and one green headlight" thing a fad/trend among ricers, or is it just ultra lovely bulbs, or what? I think I've asked this before, but not sure, and I keep seeing it around here.

Heterochromia is really popular with kids these days for some reason.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Cenodoxus posted:

The real question is, which one came first?

The mutated gene. :zombie:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Fords' attempt to create a crossover vehicle to appease Brat and later Baja owners flopped without even an audible death throe.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

CommieGIR posted:

Either way, not safe in any way.

Of course not. This picture was taken in Detroit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
For all of you RG fans:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RedGreenTV/videos?flow=grid&view=1

Since I'm incapacitated, I'm going to see how much I can stomach in a day. I finished Season 1 awhile back, but it gets pretty dry after too much of it..