Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Ghost in the Shell sticker, fine. Ponies...pushing it, but allowable to a tiny extent. Furry sticker? Burn it to the ground!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The car on the back of the truck was on the old thread. There's a picture of it pulled over by the highway patrol, as well.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I post that video whenever anyone goes "harp darp my old car is made of of iron and steel and would best your car in a collision" :colbert:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
...wrong thread, bro?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Guys I really like the Imperia what is wrong with me

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I have dreams of a world without diamondplate.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Aircraft Remover, motherfuckers. If they're going to ruin their cars with a fake patina, at least they could do it right.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

metaxus posted:

I can't believe nobody pointed this out.

BWM E65 7 Series centre armrest... in a Starion... in the wrong color... no doubt with nothing actually hooked up... in a Starion...

WHY?!?! :psypop:

Hey, listen buddy, my agent said that tan was going to be in this year! It's a hot product, functioning buttons or not.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Hot Cops posted:

combine this with the uncompromising luxury of a 7 series armrest and I think we've got ourselves a winner

Wait, unless you get it from a coupe, in which it would be an...8-series?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
There's a hierarchy among the cliques with waving. While on my Enfield, most people except for some sportbike riders wave me back. While on my Honda 650, most people except Harley riders wave me back. While on the scooter, nobody from either wave back :getout:. The only exception to the rule is a Harley rider with pillion: they never wave because. (In their mid-life-crisis minds) it would look bad to their trophy-wife if they interacted with the 'plebians.' Or they're too preoccupied with stroking their egos to notice other people on the road (they certainly drive like that's the case). Either/or, really.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

trouser chili posted:

This is it, the search is over. This truly is the worst thing that can be done to a Miata.

Click the image above for a whole album! See how far you can make it without giving in to the desire to drink yourself blind drunk.

This...this car is something that would actually benefit from the touch of Xzibit. I didn't think that something could actually come out of WCC better than it entered, but we have a contender.

That being said, I would drive it every day to work as a beater, and just let it kind of deteriorate like a daily driver does. I don't know why, but I think it would be :krad:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Snowdens Secret posted:

What do other PZEV manufacturers do to get around this?

In the manual it says "doesn't require maintenance," and they leave a housing you can loving open.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I wouldn't say that they're poorly repaired - on the contrary, the repairs are fairly amazing on most of them. The issue is that what they repaired should not ever be touched by human hands. Once you break certain structures in a unibody, the entire thing needs to be replaced.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Kolta posted:

And he locks his doors because....

It's one more obstacle. Or should I not use my front door knob lock because it's not a full-on deadbolt?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Dude is just transporting his mannequin heads to a new helmet shop or somethin'. No issue there.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The greatest thing about the picture, though, is that you know for certain that before the trip he checked every chinstrap to be sure the helmets were strapped on tight.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
There looks to be a veritable poo poo-ton of RTV on the oil pan gasket, as well. I've never seen a fel-pro blue squish like that.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The apocalypse scenario happens often enough in northern Idaho. I had :siren: MY GIRLFRIEND :siren: pick me up from a town 30 minutes/30 miles away because I had stranded myself on my motorcycle at a friend's house because it snowed overnight. The snow started falling so heavily on the ride home that the 30 minute trip became over an hour. It was a four-lane split highway, and there were well over a dozen cars stuck in the ditch between the two, though some were half-covered with snow so they were probably crashed the night before. There were multiple semis stopped on the side of the road, and the only other car we saw was a state trooper in a Blazer. It dropped almost six inches of snow in that trip alone. Driving a white Ford Explorer with absolutely no other cars on the road in northern Idaho during a blizzard is an eerie experience.

At least she had her lights on the whole time.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
From the first minute, nay, second one of riding a motorcycle, my biggest fear has been everyone else on the road, for the reasons you describe.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Nah, we just install roundabouts mostly as a way to break up long, straight roads in suburbs to slow the 17-year-old rich white kids with mommy's Civic from street racing. I've been driving around for about 3 weeks in Phoenix and I've encountered maybe two actual functional roundabouts. Quite a change from Idaho, though, where I encountered exactly zero roundabouts at all in 10 years/300,000 miles of driving.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I rode 30 miles in 4 degree Fahrenheit weather at 60 on my Enfield, once. My breath froze on the inside of my visor, and the condensation from my gloves froze on the mirrors every time I tried to wipe them. The carburetor iced up about 27 miles in, and I had to hold WOT to keep the bike barely at 30mph. There was actual ice around the pod filter.

Never again.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I do, and will always, suggest that anyone who wants a well-powered V6 in a car that didn't originally come with one (regardless of make/model) that they throw in a supercharged gen III GM3800. The wiring harness is dead loving simple (comparatively speaking) and the engine mounts can be welded by a rhesus monkey that spent an hour of welding workshop being taught by Tusken Takk. Granted, I may be biased because I spent a summer in my childhood putting a Gen II into the bed of an old Datsun (complete with a seat for the dude who had to sit in the bed and shift for us because we were too lazy to hook up a proper transmission linkage but spending two days poo poo-welding a scrap metal seat wasn't difficult or something blah blah blah 15-year-olds) for kicks, but I still say it is worth it :colbert:

This post probably qualifies for the thread.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

hiddenmovement posted:

If there are pics, yes, it does qualify for a thread.

No pictures, but we essentially took a 3800 w/manual transmission (out of a Fiero or something else that was sitting in my cousin's "junkyard" slash old wheat field - :idaho:), cut a hole in the bed of a tiny old Datsun 620, dropped the engine in, and fabricated/cannibalized the remaining driveline parts (easier than it sounds when alignment doesn't really matter). I think the driveshaft was like eight inches long and we had to cut a hole in the back of the cab to fit the valve cover and part of an engine mount.

Here's something I whipped up that sums my summers with my cousins pretty well (not my ATV, but we would have done it if we had thought of it):

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I actually appreciate well-maintained shitboxes. Up in Idaho you'd see a lot of lovely, horrible paint-and-rust cars with fresh tires and good glass in them because it is the type of region where people know how to take care of their cars well, but can't afford luxuries like paint jobs or dent removal. It's almost cute sometimes. Black plastic over a window hole is a no-no, though.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The nissan isn't the most interesting thing in that pic. Is there a person sitting backwards on the motorcycle in front of you? I see an exhaust pipe, but the arm is bent towards the camera. And, if that's the case, why is the shoe pointed away?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

InitialDave posted:

That's not bringing attention to a fuel flap. This is bringing attention to a fuel flap:

It roughly translates as "Please be gentle when you put it in". :pedo:

Now I remember why I stopped watching anime about five years ago. These motherfuckers right here.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The front hitch makes it looks like he plows snow or something. I could see the utility of flashing lights on top of your car when you can't see the road.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Sudo Echo posted:

Found on a scion tC.

OSI bean dip posted:

Caught this on my way to work this morning:

Do you people not see the thread title? Are you constantly switching between tabs and having temporary bouts of dyslexia?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I thought you meant that he was parked in bike/motorcycle spaces.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
So did my 89 Chevy Corsica.

News thread title: Every car had center power window switches.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Shai-Hulud posted:

Thats why, as a nerd, i love the interior of the Citroen DS5:

Switches in the roof! :dance:

I need this. This is important.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Medium-sized rodents are good for, like, 10-15hp, right?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I can't take an "intimater" plate seriously.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That makes it better, somehow. It's okay.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Washer fluid reservoir

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Power/weight ratio is all that matters:colbert:

The Bugatti Veyron would like to have a word :colbert:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
There's two state troopers inspecting.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
AaaaaaaAAAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAA! :ohdear:

Google Reverse Image Search posted:

Best guess for this image: close call

Indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Every time I would drive that, I'd look at the passenger dashboard whenever I had a yes/no question in mind.

"Should I run down this Corsica?"

"Si"

"All right, then."