Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I like the seatbelt chime. Don't much feel like getting a ticket for my passenger not wearing a belt, and "sorry, mind putting your belt on? That stupid chiming is gonna keep going otherwise" seems like a reasonable request to people who otherwise wouldn't wear one.

Alternatively, I could hang out with more reasonable people, but you play the cards you were given.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

Reminds me of the double-wide Wrangler that's probably somewhere in this thread already.

It's a Jeeeeeeeep! :downs:
Had they added the extra e's to the badge, it would have belonged in the opposite thread.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Industrial posted:

I'm not saying they aren't dicks, but that doesn't inherently mean the noise complaint is unreasonable. "Normal hours" are pretty irrelevant to people who have to keep unusual hours because of their jobs, not everyone has the luxury of choosing a 9-5 or whatnot.
I feel people who don't keep normal hours, whether by choice or not, need to abide by society's definition of normal hours. If I need to mow my lawn at 9am, I am going to, even if my neighbor just got home from a nightshift. It's unfortunate for him, but we have agreed as a society that noise can start at a reasonable time in the morning. I have done nightshifts before, and I dealt with the little inconveniences that pop up.

Slugworth fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 4, 2014

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Motronic posted:

Buddy on a contract job in TX just sent me this:

Holy poo poo, I hope they don't have bike lanes there. Or hell, maybe I hope they do...

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Rhyno posted:

I understand that it is indeed not amazing.
How is it not amazing? Aside from something insane, like giving the money to charity, trolling NASCAR is the best possible use of the money.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

PCOS Bill posted:

I have a regular driver's license from PA (with a motorcycle endorsement if you want to get picky) and it's restricted to 26,001lbs or less. The 26' truck UHaul rents out, their largest, has a gross weight of 20,000 and they'll let anyone with ~$50 rent one.
At my previous job, we rented a 24' every time we needed one, which was frequently. It got to the point where it would have made way more financial sense to just buy one, but if we bought one, only CDL guys (of which we had one) would be able to drive it. So we kept renting.

The guy who was responsible for these types of decisions was notoriously incompetent, so no clue if it's correct or not.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

LostCosmonaut posted:

This car sucks.
Imagine how much faster it could go if they had put rear wheels on. Smdh.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Uthor posted:

I got a ticket at my folks place for not having a city sticker on my car (common in the area) despite the car being registered in a town that doesn't require them. Drove to the station and made them throw it out.

Later I realized there's resident only parking at night they could have ticketed me for. I lived there my entire life and had never known/noticed. I don't think it's something they enforce, though there's mention of it on the city website. You have to get a permit by physically going to the police station and picking it up (WTH?).
I lived in a town with the same deal, resident only parking overnight, and you needed a windshield sticker as a resident. I got two tickets one night - No sticker, and a ticket for resident parking only. I successfully made the argument in court that the two tickets are mutually exclusive (if you're ticketing me for not being a resident, then surely I shouldn't be expected to have a resident sticker, and vice versa), so the judge threw out one.

Yes, I went to court for a hundred dollar ticket. I was broke.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

echoplex posted:

A couple of years ago I picked up a project DeLorean from the US. At some point in it's life it went from being cared for with all the usual upgrades of the era, to belonging to someone with some misplaced 2fast2furious tendencies. Other than the cut shocks, knockoff momo wheel and *~racing pedals~* they also... painted the headlights blue?

I thought I had a good handle on (lovely) car culture but I've never seen this before and I don't get it. Is it a thing? He also painted the license plate lights blue too...
Why is it raising its eyebrows? I can't find a single photo of a delorean that looks like that.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

echoplex posted:

Google "DeLorean eyebrows" - it's incredibly common.

A lot of people think it's headlamp heat, but I imagine very few people use the full beams on those cars. I think it's just a structural weak point in the polyurethane fascias, when exposed to lots of heat they 'kink' there. Can be fixed with heat and an internal aluminium rod (or replacing the fascias for fibreglass ones, which are much straighter). Mine was left sitting out in the sun for a decade so I'm surprised they're not worse.
Haha, I love that I arrived at the same term that everyone else has for it.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

MomJeans420 posted:

I'm pretty sure the cop cars are idling all day anyway, at least from what I've seen. I've definitely had opportunities to steal a running cop car, but I also like staying employed and not getting shot so I've never tried it
If you're white, I'd say the odds are favorable enough for you to give it a shot. If you're a minority though, good instincts, stay safe man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Scratch Monkey posted:

What do they do when it rains?
The bilge pump should kick in automatically.