Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Like my new paint job?

:kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Move to Michigan, have no inspections, and come to the Secretary of State office for your DMV needs in half the time.

:D

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

YF19pilot posted:

No, I think it's the luggage rack. Hipsters and ricers are starting to put that on all their cars these days.

It'd be understandable if half of them went biking, snowboarding, or camping every other day, but usually they only have them to come across as someone who does that stuff.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

SS Aztek woo!!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I think I know the owner of that car, where'd you see it?

I know someone I know has something gay like that. (shocking I know)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Abe Froman posted:

Sterling Heights

Haha I thought so, I'm over in Shelby.

edit: Excellent use of :10bux:

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 21, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

When I first came here from Australia and 30*C heat by 8am, I thought I was going to die; now I don't wear jeans until it's around 30*F outside, though I will wear a jacket. It was almost 50*F today so I wore shorts and a T-shirt and drove with the windows down.

Kotaru posted:

I'm a transplant, non-native. People shiver at 60F around here; Its a strange sight to see so many people in heavy coats when its only 50F outside.

When I was in South Carolina people were wearing earmuffs and it was 62*F, I was wearing a tank top, flipflops, and shorts. The ocean was kind of really cold but it wasn't as bad as Lake Superior :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

amenenema posted:

You're totally forgetting the car in question. There shall be no sympathy for the abortion that was the Nu-Tbird.

Even if it was one of those winged Smart cars, he still just cost his company more than what many Americans make in a year it should have (just realised it's probably a used car, not new :v:). If it was an accident then that's one thing but it sounds more like he was pissed about having to do something he didn't want to.

It definitely would have been easier and cheaper to just shovel it out... Apparently critical thinking ability lessens proportionally to the temperature outside :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Wonder what kind of car this is :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Looks like a new Camaro rear end to me.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My neighbour has the Chrysler version of the starion (conquest is it?). It is so much fun to drive, I'm so jealous of it.

Then we have this thing.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Notice the license plate says "numa numa" or whatever. :allears:

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Dec 7, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My dad traded his '86 Corvette for a JAGUAR XJsomethingsomething because he was tired of other Vette owners (and because my mum wanted a nice car that had more than 2 seats).

Eventually I got the Jaguar which was promptly stolen and we breathed a collective sigh of relief.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BlackMK4 posted:

If I had Lamborgini/F-Car money I'd stuff a race exhaust on it, lower it a bit, and put some nice wheels on it... then drive like an rear end in a top hat. You piss all the purists off and people who can't afford it hate you too.

On the very rare occasion I get to take the EVT700 997.1 out... well, the looks you get are hilarious.

There's a dude that rolls around Metro-Detroit that owns all sorts of supercars and is probably 25 at most (I think he did some sort of investing thing and made bank). He does all his own work and it's so funny when he posts pictures of a Lambo up on jacks being worked on in the middle of a parking garage or in his parent's suburban home.

He's currently dropping an LS1 into his 911 :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FIRST TIME posted:

Isn't this kind of plate number not allowed being as it's purposefully confusing to law enforcement?

If so, awesome that he got away with it.

Nope, we have pretty lax automobile laws and regulations.

Another popular one is B8B88BB or some combination thereof

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

veedubfreak posted:

Can someone please explain to me why so many stupid cars have these grenade stickers on them in the last few years? It's not the SA grenade or anything, its just a stupid loving grenade, usually made out of a skeleton hand or something similar.

Also, have you priced a restored 356 lately?

It's a snowboarding/skateboarding company's logo. Or it's a Green Day grenade. Probably the skateboarding company though since Green Day aren't exactly popular anymore.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Viggen posted:

Paging TT. Paging TT.. pls repost your mayonnaise jar config.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

General_Failure posted:

I didn't realise those things worked on their side. Or is that the purpose of that photo?

It was to show what it looked like, it's righted now :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Haha I know that kid, his car is sick and he's pretty chill. Best of all is the Youtube stardom that was thrust upon him hasn't gone to his head.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My first week in the states and I went around 3 different roundabouts the wrong way. Luckily it was at night and nobody was there, which is also why I probably didn't think of it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

General_Failure posted:

I didn't think they had roundabouts there because of freedom or communism or something.

They like to not stop for red lights more than they care about the encroaching fascist regime apparently.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

From the Cobalt community:

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 10, 2013

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Devyl posted:

N/M, I'll play nice.

If you were going to comment on the stickers I had on my car, they were from the same company and they were the worst ones I could find. v :) v

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

SaNChEzZ posted:

Definitely have a hellaslow sticker from 'that company' on my crz. It's fitting, because well, it's slow as poo poo.

ihatestickers? I admittedly liked a few of them, and I would ironically have an illest sticker on my car, but I peeled them all off a while ago. I got them for half off from a group buy and for whatever reason I thought it'd be hilarious to put terrible stickers on my Saturn and post it to the Cobalt community.

Going by the state of the thread now, there is no such thing as terrible anymore.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I find it ironic that you posted that here TimJim, when you're car is on the last page of the Sticker thread on CSS.

There's a fine line that even I didn't cross :v:

I will say that the top picture, at least it's organised. I wonder how often he gets pulled over though.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

SaNChEzZ posted:

Houseografix, same thing I assume. Was going to get the burberry patterned one, but that was a little much.

I dunno, it'd be interesting to see if the Chav-isms would be successfully transplanted here from the UK.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

If I can get a Touareg TDI with the V-10 or V-6 Diesel for less than $100k, how is the Porsche Cayenne supposed to be better?

Because it has sportier exhaust and brakes, mahogany trim, a massive navigation unit, and an even larger sense of entitlement?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

But I can tow a 747 with the V-10 TDI. What more could I want?

Why, a Porsche of course!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Motronic posted:

I'm not saying it copied the GP through the years. I'm saying it's yet another GM parts bin interior in both materials and design language. And that's just disappointing. How hard is to come up with something new and classy for the interior when you've done so much on the exterior?

Not in the budget I suppose. Penny wise pound foolish.

I don't know about you, but if I can get that level of performance and exterior looks for $55,000 and have a rather crappy interior, or a car with inferior performance but a FABULOUS interior for $55,000, I will go with the first car every. Single. Time.

It's far from penny wise and pound foolish; they put the money from the interior into making the base-line trim level of the C7 a 450hp 26hwmpg MONSTER that actually looks like a supercar.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Motronic posted:

You seem awfully offended that people value different things that you do in vehicles.

It's more of the smugness that people seem to have when they say HA! THAT INTERIOR IS A PARTS BIN INTERIOR! I LIKE NICE THINGS AND PREFER MAHOGANY TRIM, THANKS. It's not that he's offended, it's more of the typical European dude saying "well my econobox is better than yours because mine has things in it that add nothing to the car except "looks"."

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Uh I'll take that (looks to be) late '30's/early 40's beaut there if you don't already have dibs :downs:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The upside to that is at least she's going to be able to get a very nice car between the insurance payout and the lawsuit.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It looks like somewhere in Canada or America, it looks like the traffic flow is on the right hand side, though I can't see where the driver's seat is in the cars.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

meatpimp posted:

Tuksen Tagg living up to his custom title. "British Columbia" license plate and RCMP cruiser would certianly point towards... somewhere in British Columbia, hence the "Victoria?" question.

I can't see the license plate on my iPhone, plus I didn't realise there was a Victoria outside of Australia v:shobon:v.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3119622/2004-saturn-ion/page-2/#31196220010

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I have to buy some film for my F3 just to verify that it's working. I have never used a one-hour photo, but are they able to process the film and put it onto a disk instead of on those crappy 5x8's or whatever that size is?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Luckily, I work at Walgreens, so that is beyond convenient! Thanks dude.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

West SAAB Story posted:

This is post terrible car stuff, not "Post, terrible car people". :q:

Oh poo poo, I thought this was the Misc thread :shobon:. Here's some content:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It looks like a Monte Carlo/Grand National with a Lamborghini/Trans Am/Fiero body kit, chopped top, and Kanye West headlamps and grille.

edit: I TinyEye'd it and it's from an article in here somewhere: http://jalopnik.com/Kit-Cars/
edit 2: http://jalopnik.com/5069877/why-kit-cars-have-a-bad-reputation-the-front+engine-countach?tag=Kit-Cars

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I can see it. Either a T-bird or a Mustang for sure, though the rims look like they're from a Monte Carlo/Grand National.