Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

MisterSparkle posted:

I want mechanical failures back, not for any other reason that it was a thread of mechanical carnage. Having it lumped here means I have to wade though irrelevant stuff about cars to see pictures of broken poo poo.

Seriously. Lets just make all of AI one thread: POST CAR STUFF HERE.
poo poo, that'd take care of all the forums and sub-forums.

SomethingAwful: Post Everything Here

The cellphone thread and the dumb poo poo ya' heard thread could certainly be combined, but the CL/eBay thread, and the mechanical failures thread were great because they were kept on-topic by the posters themselves. I knew what I was getting, and when there were a bunch of new posts, I knew something awesome had been posted. The biggest problem with aggregating all these threads is, as someone else said, it becomes a Pinterest thread about cars. It'll move too fast, and good poo poo will get passed over. I sure as hell don't have the time to wade through a 200+ post/day thread.

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Aug 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

KozmoNaut posted:

"I dunno, man. The bass is a bit lean."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmB-ImzZT94

:stare:

Every person and thing in that video fits what I would expect. Lambo doors, the two guys, the chick.... 100% to expectation.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

It'd be cool just to see the heads of nearby small animals explode.

Hollow Point Pellets do the same thing.

I would also like to see a wall of tweeters and 10kW of power run through them.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

xzzy posted:

He's probably happier than any of us though. Stupidity ain't all bad.

I tell this story regularly.

I was a good student in a mediocre school in West Virginia. I rode the bus for about 45 minutes every morning until high school. Most of the other bus-takers were not... let's say "education enthusiasts". I'd spend my three quarters of an hour studying or working about a test or trying to not get punched. They'd basically treat the ride as if it were a pregame for a WVU football final. I asked my mom "How come the folks on the bus are always having a great time, and I'm always worried or studying?" She responded "When you come back to West Virginia in 20 years, you're going to be worried about your next grant funding proposal or how you're going to finance the next piece of equipment for your business or how to hire a new employee, and you'll meet one of those kids from the bus. They'll be happy and oblivious just like they are today, and you know what they say to you?"

"You want fries with that?"

And she was kind of right. On my last trip to WV, before she moved and I swore to never go back to my hometown, I met a kid that rode the bus with me. He was the assistant manager at the local Food Lion, still happy as hell, had a couple of kids, and a new Mustang. He was helping bag groceries because the store was slow, and we recognized over another. Had a nice chat, too. We all take different paths, and make our own happiness or misery to some extent.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

No. 6 posted:

I'm certainly the same unhappy, dissatisfied person as I've always been.

:lol: read my last line...