Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

SaNChEzZ posted:

I present to you, the Hyundai Chrome.

Complete with Hyundai center caps, front and rear badges and a license plate frame that says "Hyundai of Bel Air" which doesn't exist, and yes he means *THAT* Bel Air. Smell ya later!

:golfclap:

Tags are expired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

IOwnCalculus posted:

I don't think this is a good way to transport bumpers from LA to Phoenix.

Should put it on the trunk for maximum downforce.

dissss posted:

Note the bonus lawnmower

Sure that's not some after-tsunami pic?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

some texas redneck posted:

Admittedly, I think the King Ranch may be a Texas-only version.

It's not.
Edit: Point proven :P

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

SaNChEzZ posted:

Dont think that (ranchero?) is rated for that load.

PUGMOHON from Youtube posted:

WORKED AT HOLLYWOOD LINCOLN MERCURY IN HOLLYWOOD FL, WHERE THE FILM COMPANY BOUGHT BOTH OF THESE LINCOLNS. THE 63 WAS A USED ONE YEAR OLD CAR TRADED BY A LOCAL DOCTOR.THE USED CAR DEPARTMENT SENT THE 63 INTO OUR SHOP AND IT WAS COMPLETELY GUTTED FOR THE CRUSH SCENE. TECHS WERE INVITED TO THE "CRUSH" FILMING. THE ORIGINAL SCENE WAS SHOT AND THE CRUSHED 63 FLATTENED THE RANCHERO, AND THEY HURRIDLY WENT TO HOLLYWOOD FORD AND BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE, CUT THE REMAINS OF THE 63 IN 1/2 THEN RESHOT
:)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Are you in Canada? I never got a recall.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Mine was made before the metal plates were installed at the factory. I thought they would only put it in for free if you were in an affected area like Vancouver Island or something funny like that.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Captain McAllister posted:

I grew up on the Island, am now in Vancouver, and always think it's kind of cool when references to either pop up in AI, of all places. Now I'm curious...why is the Island particularly affected by people trying to kick Mazda 3 doors?

I heard it happened a bunch there. I guess thieves like to gossip about how to break into Mazdas? Of course, I could be totally mis-remembering...

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Leroy Diplowski posted:

The 85 accord was a great car, and a fantastic looker :colbert:

http://tlaphotography.net/2012/05/15/classy-85-accord/

I drove my friend's Accord of similar vintage with about 260,000 miles and it was great and had a super smooth shifting auto. I was very surprised.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Guys, stop being mean. They look so happy at their hard work. :(

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

What blows my mind is that is a lot of loving work and TLC dumped into a Skoda of all things but not just that it's one of the most generic at that! It's not even a proper classic Skoda but a modern model that you'd probably be able to find used for roughly the same as repairing the drat thing with OEM parts.

:psyduck:

That work however is truly amazing and the people that do that are very skilled at their craft.
The Yeti is very popular.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Polarize posted:

Tread? Pfft, who needs that :clint:

Don't all the signs around say driveBC Shift Into Winter, get snow tires? :cripes:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It's that alien from Star Trek.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Shifty Pony posted:

Nope!

Quality.

I would expect something like that at a "Buy Here Pay Here" lot but I'm really impressed at the gall of a normal dealer listing that, and saying they are giving you a $2k price break!

Have fun getting that thing to smog check right. If it was an FX16 it might be worth something.

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure that VIN is wrong.

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 14, 2012

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
You're right. VINs don't use O(h). Funny that Carfax doesn't correct for that!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

The Rocket Salad posted:

Also, Canada is cold, news at 11.

Move to Vancouver :)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

bidikyoopi posted:

Same storm, LSD:

Holy crap!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Never would have guessed auction worker to fall under most hazardous jobs. Jesus

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Dizman posted:

I like your friend.

I also like this guy since he apparently drives the car everywhere when he's not racing it.

That doesn't seem like a wise idea...

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That's exactly what it is.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Aurune posted:

:effort:

I hate other people.
Also, the irony of parking a "Armada" in a compact space is not lost on me.

Chromatic coffee?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
A lot of places in the U.S. have laws against cars being stationary in one spot or nonoperational.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yeah I just meant there may be the possibility that such a law exists there too.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
You can toggle it on my '06 and it remembers the setting. I was driving from Grants Pass Oregon to Seattle yesterday and saw a Ford SUV doing 80 in the carpool lane in Bellevue with no lights on, in the rain.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Trap Star posted:

I drive a poverty-spec '04 Mazda 3i and there's nothing permanently illuminated. You have to turn the stalk to turn on the headlights and light up the dash.

The base model doesn't have the same electro-luminescent gauges.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

IOwnCalculus posted:

I guess this must be why in Forza 4, the regular Mazda3 has a cluster you can read, and the Mazdaspeed3's is too dim.

Nah, it's just weird.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
What is that guy in the bottom right wearing?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Provisional license placard, basically a new driver warning sticker I guess.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Cenodoxus posted:

Between that terrible car and what looks to be a dorm in the background, I'm guessing it's a college campus. That explains the poo poo parking.

All the cars in the picture are Subarus. It's a dealer.

This is great!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Zefiel posted:

Sorry to derail from the Jeep talk, but I ran into this today. No big deal, just two kids sitting in a trunk:

Except we were all in a highway

(sorry about the cruddy picture, I wanted to take it as fast as possible so as to not be a bigger driving risk)

Is that a little baby chair thing on the roof? And what are all those stickers on the car? :eyepop:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Zeether posted:

Rally pedigree = ruined.

What's that brace in the rear window for?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
You remember that from 2002?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
nooo that poor Baja

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Sometimes I have bad dreams where I am sitting in the back seat of the car and I am afraid I am going to crash because I can't see the road or control the car very well. Maybe this guy had the same fear and just extended the controls to the back seat.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Cenodoxus posted:

I thought that looked awfully familiar.

At Miami International Airport, from Catch Me If You Can (2002)

I think that's cool, not terrible. :)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
You usually gotta change the intake manifold gaskets. Well, I guess you don't have to...

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Canadians often use feet / inches in my experience, also. Fahrenheit too, for ovens at least. Most of my experience is in B.C. though, could be different elsewhere.
edit: Look at the squishy Audi. D'oh.

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 25, 2013

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Linedance posted:

Yeah the Canadian system is a bit odd. Officially metric, and anything big, small, or precise will be in metric, but it's colloquially imperial for roughly human-scale measures. The fahrenheit for ovens is a completely bizarre one though, because while I think water freezes at 32F, I have no idea what it boils at, and most Canadians have no idea what farenheit actually represents outside of vague stuff like 100 being when Americans start complaining it's hot out, and yet we cook our food using it and measure swimming pool temperature in it.
The UK is bizarro world too, because everything is metric except distance which is miles, and weight is some weird archaic thing called a stone.
When it comes to fuel economy, it's miles to the gallon, but you pump your gas in liters and nobody knows how many liters are in a gallon.

Older folks seem to be more versed in the "traditional" units; it wasn't that long ago Canada switched. Same with Australia. I imagine it's a big cultural shift, but, I can't say from experience -- we seem to be very behind the curve here in the U.S.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It's a German surname.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I think GM spells it that way too (I.e. check gages) .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It's sad.