Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

kastein posted:

Product placement: godlike

I'd be happy if it were that. It's $5.55 in Vancouver. :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Veeb0rg posted:

Or a Chevy S10

Is that even road legal?

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

rscott posted:

It's a Renault Alliance.

When was the last time a Renault was sold in North America?

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
These videos have scared me into buying a dash cam.

I'm not kidding either:

Lain Iwakura fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 24, 2012

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

DefaultPeanut posted:

If you want to make sure it works, go drive around Richmond for a while.
Where did you order that from? I am really considering picking one up.

Memory Express. Oddly I have a funny story about Richmond and that very store that ties in very well.

A few years ago my friend and I needed to find some stuff in Richmond and we stopped at Memory Express. We looked around but found nothing so we decided to go to Aberdeen to do the same at NCIX. He got a bit annoyed that I wasn't too interested in driving around in Richmond and wanted to walk instead.

After some pissing and moaning, he agreed to walk with me to Aberdeen with a bit of reluctance. That was the case until we got to Cambie and No. 3 Road when all of a sudden some idiot t-boned a car in the intersection. All I could say was, "now you see why?"

He has never questioned me since.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

eberbs posted:

My friend just got into a accident in his 89 Isuzu I-mark. He came around a corner and the steering locked causing him to jump a curb and crash into 2 parked cars. No one was hurt.

I have pictures and video if anyone is interested.
The I-mark received minor damage, the truck will need a entire new rear box and the cavaler will need a quarter panal and hood by the looks of it.

And video of the recovery for those interested.
http://youtu.be/BtODjDIyOoU

Victoria?

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Needs sirens.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Found this on the weekend outside of a flea market.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

neckbeard posted:

a block over from my place - redneck done wrong

Very familiar neighbourhood there--Bonnie Doon?

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
Caught this on my way to work this morning:

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

kastein posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was :(

Fortunately it looks like it could be removed from whatever fullsize truck chassis it was haphazardly slapped on top of using only an angle grinder and a few well placed hammer blows.

There's a similar truck down here in Vancouver done with the very same model of truck except blue-coloured.

At least I know there's a twin up north.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Caught this on my way home one night. Basically the SUV drove from somewhere in Alberta to Vancouver (at least 900 KM) and was pulling two large ATVs in a trailer. I'd hate to imagine how hosed the back suspension is from the trip.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
And a bonus!

These were taken while I was the Vancouver International Auto Show last month in the modded section. It's the same car too.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Yeah...

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
Stupid poo poo you pull with your car:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=04a_1370304152

Yes. That is a tree.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Rhyno posted:

Almost 6 minutes and nothing horrific happens. I expected the car to at least end up on it's roof.

I don't think that the car has enough torque to do anything more than make some leaves fall.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
Since we're sharing personal gore photos...

A wheel from a Dodge Ram Super Diesel hitting your windshield at 90 KM/h is always an amusing way to become alert.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Not pictured the stickers on the back.

I saw this and wondered why the hell anyone would buy this. I also don't get what makes it is a MW3 version as the interior just has this dumb logo on the seats.

The compact Porsche Panomera Turbo.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Throatwarbler posted:

I think it was actually a Morris Marina or some such because Hyundai hired a whole bunch of ex-British Leyland people to help them jump right into the first world car market. Another result was that Kia minivan (Carnival?) still using some variant of the Rover K-series V6 engine all the way up to the early 2000s.

Anyway the Stellar and pony were never actually sold in the US, only EU and Canada and I guess AUS/NZ as well.

My mother had a Pony (1988) and it is still being driven by the family friend who eventually bought it off of her.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
Some random photos from my phone.

Not the first time I've seen a Porsche badge on a non-Porsche.

I doubt this has ever seen any dirt.

The bumper is barely kept on, but wait...

Weeks later it was gone.

As a bonus, he needs to cut off the tail pipe a bit.

Haven't seen the car as of late but being that it is still dark when I go home, it's not a surprise I miss it.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
I had a dealership service team replace my licence plate frame with their own. The kicker? Mine was a brand-less metal one and theirs was poo poo. I asked them to put it back and it turned out that they had tossed it into the bin out back.

They spent 20 mins trying to fish the frame out of the dumpster.

Same dealership did this to my girlfriend who had no frame at all.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Veganism and SUVs; you shouldn't eat meat but hey never mind the poisoning of the atmosphere.

Generally speaking if you get a boot at the university parking lot, it is probably because you have other tickets owning. The funny thing is that the owner showed up later with a friend who was driving a Honda NSX, arguing outside of it on the phone with whoever--assuming security.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/rocket-man-sherwood-park-man-builds-his-own-jet-car-1.3665082

quote:

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand why Ryan McQueen named his race car "Insanity."

Sleek in cherry red and chrome, with two Rolls Royce jet engines under the hood, she will run at 14,000 pounds of thrust, and burn through 400 litres of jet fuel in two minutes flat.

And its estimated top speed? A white-knuckle, G-force inducing 650 kilometres per hour.

Insanity may be the world's only twin-jet powered super car, McQueen said.

[...]

With only a few lessons from his high school shop class to inform him, he got to work building and designing the car from scratch.

"I didn't have a whole lot of money or a lot of skill. I just learned as I went," McQueen said.

"I didn't know how to weld, engineer, bend tubing, lay up fibreglass or carbon fibre, or even know anything about jet engines."

It took five years to build the mold for the body. Another two years to to construct the fibreglass and carbon fiber frame.

"Since then everything has been YouTube and Google," McQueen said.

"I taught myself to weld. I taught myself metal fabrication. In fact, one of my first projects was my tubing bender to be able to bend the tubing. I needed a tool so I built it."

I cannot wait to see this fired up. :allears: