Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...
Serious question: does hellaflush go here now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

davebo posted:

I passed one of these in black on the highway today and it struck me as one of the worst stock spoilers in recent history. It's worse if you see it straight from behind though.

That can't be stock.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

davebo posted:

So could you just not open the back door unless the front door was already open? Surely that's a safety hazard in addition to being really inconvenient?

Sure, but lots of trucks work that way. And some cars, too (RX8, I think, and the Saturn Ion).

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Das Volk posted:

The first gen CTS-V was like this too :eng99:

And second gen is electric!

Also, my old Corvair had a wacky boomerang handbrake to the left of and below the steering wheel, which made using it on hills a pain in the rear end. I learned the hard way with that car. On everything. Don't buy a Corvair.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

HairyNipple! posted:

Ah, Pininfarina. They've created some stunners, but they've missed the mark a lot as well. Some of these are actually pretty cool.

My favorite recent Pininfarina design...

wikipedia posted:

The cabinetry was designed by the Italian automotive design firm Pininfarina, via their Pininfarina Extra industrial and product design subsidiary.[6] Technologies involved include microdispensing technology and proprietary PurePour technology. Both technologies were originally developed to deliver precise doses of drugs.[1] One Freestyle unit with a similar footprint to a current vending machine can dispense 126 kinds of carbonated and non-carbonated beverages from one freestanding unit. Microdosing blends one or more concentrated ingredients in 46 US fl oz (1.36 L) packets with water and sweetener at the point where the beverage is dispensed,[4] thus avoiding the use of traditional 5 US gal (18.9 L) boxes of syrup (also known as a bag-in-a-box).[7] Cartridges store concentrated ingredients in the dispenser cabinet and are RFID enabled. The machine uses RFID chips to detect its supplies and to radio resupplying needs to other units. The traditional ice cube dispenser remains.[8] The maximum rate of output is 95 drinks per hour.[4]
Reference

There's one at my local Noodles & Co, and it USED to have a really awesome pininfarina badge on it, but some jerk broke it off trying to steal it.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

InitialDave posted:

Imgur has provided me with one dose of "normal Terrible Car Stuff thread material":

Calvin and Hobbes dates from the mid eighties.

And one dose of "I don't know what the gently caress":

Not to mention the terrible grammar. Unless that person has a parent named Ninety. Cretins.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Nope! :v:

(1955)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046969/?ref_=fn_al_tt_8

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

I'd also guess it's likely an automatic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Don't be so environmentally irresponsible. You get new tires when your old ones start to corrode.

(Side note: oh god tires are so expensive why did I ever buy this car)