Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I saw a Smart converted into a pickup, slightly stretched bottom frame and a square open box for a compartment, the rear of the actual Smart chassis was cut and modified a little so that it looked like a dwarven Mitsubishi L200. It also sounded like one of those one-seater closed-cockpit street-sweepers revving up, but three blocks away it sounded like an incoming (weak) tractor.

And I found that my phone isn't that fast in bringing up its camera mode when I need it. Calling on all Västerås & Nearby Swedish goons to keep their eyes open for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Geoj posted:

Especially in (I'm assuming) Europe where I've been led to believe that driver's education is a multi-year, several thousand dollar euro affair.

At least in Sweden yeah. Traffic school costs have dropped so going by the average lessons required and their cost, tests and paperwork it's just above $2000 US in the end provided you succeed every test on your first go. Even with that we have to do the only right thing and consider every other driver to be a blood thirsty putz on drugs out to kill you while simultaneously texting and drinking coffee.

The cops take 2-3 license-less drivers a day on average in my little 140k large town and that number isn't going down. If dash-cams got popular here it wouldn't be the same caliber of crazy as in Russia but there would be plenty of demonstrations of license-with-cereal-package drivers, pedeadstrians who don't look or listen but simply jump out into the road and bicyclists who think vehicles stop on a dime and always see them coming from miles away at great speeds.

I wear a good pair of gloves whenever I go out because it's a good idea. (Road fatalities per 100k: Sweden 2.9, US 12.3)

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Cenodoxus posted:

Why does civilized society allow these kinds of things to happen?

That is the cleanest Star Trek Transporter Malfunction I have ever seen.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

b0nes posted:

Was on Ebay selling for $250k

I seriously saw this in a late 70's issue of MAD Magazine.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Terrible Robot posted:

Kinda surprised at how well the AE86 seems to have held up, all things considered. Although it does look like somebody went through the windshield. :ohdear:

I think it held up well. In this terrible crash from earlier this year (Sweden) there would have been survivors if they'd gone out the windshield.

Black car did a careless overtaking (you can tell, with those rims and tires) behind a semi and went head on with something I'm not sure was a two-seater
(The remains were removed by the time this pic was taken, it's car-gore only)

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Parking spaces get smaller every time they re-draw the lines in my parts of Sweden, the stores want more room for shoppers and despite mostly riding in Japanese cars from the 90's I want to say gently caress those people. The widest spots can be seen up in our old parking houses from 60's and 70's that were designed in a way that doesn't quite allow painting lines in new positions, that's where you'd fit a classic land barge no problem. Should see the parking you have to do here during Power Meet when the city grows by 17k+ classic American cars.

Meanwhile in Sochi

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

InitialDave posted:

Why don't they build a really substantial girder across the road farther away, so that wrecks the trucks without blocking the bridge?

They have warning signs on both sides of the road, a block away:
https://www.google.com/maps/@36.000096,-78.909193,3a,75y,216.33h,72.89t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sGcOSbr24Yy2i56N95hnfLA!2e0

I would say the drivers should pay the bill, but I know the contracts they work under.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Despite a flat front right, the driver arrived, unlocked (the padlock) and drove off. Database lists the plates as stolen from a Volvo. Typical day in my town.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

A bunch of children run around town setting cars on fire because it's "sticking it to the man"

If this RX8 in a semi-troubled druggie-rich part of town was their job and not an electrical fire, I need to call upon the local hunters for a job they can leave their vests at home for. Goddamnit.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Rhyno posted:

This is pretty fuckin special

Almost feels like a purposely chosen name, remove the p and it becomes yamero (やめろ); "please stop" / "stop it".

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

That's a double yamero-whammy.

Wasabi the J posted:

Yes but what does the katakana say?

It says "this designer kitbashed these characters to set up something looking like stylized latin characters". A lot of words in so few moonrunes

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Those GTA5 PC mods have gotten really photorealistic.

I like the colour but do these people investigate what big tires do for the turning radius before shopping?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Other than visuals, I do not understand the door panels on that Citroen. Got a few in my town. If they really are rubber I could see the useful in protecting from receiving door dings, got this huge shopping district here with parking lot design by someone who last worked in Japan and also was a sadist and insurance salesman, because the slots are that tiny.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I saw a Smart car converted to a lil'babby version of this and if I catch it and have a camera with me I'm taking it to the awesome car pics thread :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

thechalkoutline posted:

Someone correct me if this actually made it cool but I assume it drives even worse, which is terrible:

The one I saw awesomeing past me here in Sweden had the most basic stamped metal and wood mini-truckbed of that width and depth. Loved that, love this, even though I have a dislike for vehicles too small for stage piano transporting. Some goon needs to pick up a Smart and make it a project with more than just an engine swap.