Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Flying Fortress posted:

For what it's worth, I'd be interested in a toy car/Hotwheels thread.

Seconded. A few months back, before I knew what sex my kid would be, I was killing time looking on eBay and other places searching for sets of Yat Mings like the ones I had as a kid. I think I actually prefer those to Hot Wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

My buddy's little girl has way more Hot Wheels than his little boy does. Better driver so far too, it seems. :)

Yeah, I decided that I don't care about it anyway. My daughter can play with cars all she wants. Now I just have to find them. And my pitifully small Micro Machines collection.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

lazer_chicken posted:

When someone steals your ITR or Civic Si they are not planning on tracking it and enjoying the perfectly neutral handling, they are planning on ripping the B16 out and selling it to some kind with a clapped-out D15 civic with TEZZAS and a fartcan.

That's exactly what happened to my '99 Si a few years back. There was an auto theft ring going for a while in NE Ohio, their MO being that they steal Civics from the mid-to-late '90s. Mine was stolen on Veteran's Day from a staff parking lot at Kent State. It was the third break-in on that car too. My car's body frame was found a few weeks later completely stripped, and the engine was found about a year later in a car some guy bought for his son unaware of its illicit origin, which probably formerly had the deadbeat spec D16Y.

So it goes.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

So long as he didn't desecrate a DeLorean to do it, I couldn't care less.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Pseudonym posted:

So long as he didn't desecrate a DeLorean to do it, I couldn't care less.

I was wrong, I could care less. This is a terrible, um, car... thing. Will-dot-i-dot-am should feel bad.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Aussies Bogans turn Bumblebee Camaro into gullwing (and Lambo) door limo and throw a bunch of garish poo poo into the interior as well.

root beer fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 29, 2012

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

Right mow.
Hey!
It's your tomorrow.

I can't drive fifty-five (on this lawnmower)

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

sterster posted:

Then more importantly yodawg I heard you like spoilers What it is!

Isn't that a television antenna normally seen on limousines? More importantly, where the hell are you going to put a TV in a Del Sol?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

It's coming up saying it isn't available or whatever, at least on Android.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Aurune posted:

And his trunk is now full.

That's why I always leave the top on when I go shopping at Costco in my Elise.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

The Mazda3 (in fact, most Mazdas these days?) is permanently lit - brightly in the day, and it's supposed to dim at night. One would think that getting near blinded by your gauge cluster at night would be an indicator that your lights aren't on, but who knows.

It doesn't dim automatically at night, there is a switch you need to press at the top of the cluster to do it manually, and when the headlights are off, there are four levels of dimming. At least that's how it is on the first generation Mazda3, far as I know (I drive an '04). Dunno about current models.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I like it, mostly; while the back end is kinda busy, it doesn't bother me too much. I just hate that vent in the front. It just looks cheap and so AutoZone.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Posts from the funny pics thread in PYF:

Tide posted:

Labs are such big goofy dumb dogs. I love 'em :3:

Ouch:

Palpek posted:

You guys don't get it. It's the newest car pimping trend.

Clearly the second one is 'art', but still, :stare:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

MrChips posted:

^^^I don't know what you're talking about, that's pretty awesome and I'll hear nothing more of it. :colbert:

Wasn't that generation of Honda Odyseey the one that came with Michelin PAX tires (which are essentially impossible to find, or are ridiculously expensive)? If it is, it stands to reason you'd try to find a set of non-PAX wheels so you don't have deal with that headache.

Those tires, if I remember correctly, only came on the top-end trim level. That said, if the donor wheels came from a 5 Series, then I'd say you're spot-on with the rationale.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Say, that's a nice matte finissshhhh... wait a minute...

This cannot be pleasant after a rainy day. Or humid, or foggy, or any time there is moisture in the air...

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I think this thread has come full circle.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

But the convertibles only had two doors, didn't they?

PainterofCrap posted:

It has. That's from the Wildwood boardwalk show, where, in 2010, was squatting this abomination:

Arrr.

Oh god, my eyes. I need new retinas and about six years of psychotherapy.

Spongebob Tampax posted:

Remember when they first came out? Dealers were marking them $2-5k over msrp, people were practically lined up outside of chrysler dealers to waste their money. That was '99 though, and they hadn't completely destroyed their reputation at the time.

They made a huge piece of poo poo, but damnit, every old fart that knew nothing about cars wanted one.

When I first met her in 2000, my wife wanted one so drat bad. Then, in 2002, her sister bought one (using my wife's SS# to secure the loan, by the way). After riding in it her opinion did a quick 180.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

davebo posted:

Reminds me of a lower trim Civic I saw years ago with the Si wheels and spoiler that had the tag WANABSI. It's cute.

Ugh, in 2002, I saw a lower trim (an LX, I think) with aftermarket wheels and an Si badge. Thing is, the car was green (Sis only came in red, blue or black at the time), the badge wasn't even an Si badge, but something resembling the other trim badges, it was a sedan (eighth generation was the first to do that), and -- this being the hardest slap in the face -- it was an automatic.

Not
loving cute.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

a few people posted:

I rather angrily posted:

I'm Mad About Econoboxes
__/
:spergin:

It was pretty dumb, but yeah, I s'pose you're right. Sorry guys.
It was a guy I knew back in the day, a real bro type, talked a lot of game about his car and a bike that I don't believe he actually had. I forgot to mention that the Civic had an aftermarket tach. With a shift light.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Just thought I'd drop this FunFact off here: Fahrenheit is a temperature scale based on the freezing point of -- drum roll please -- brine. This alone makes me a little peeved about still having to use the old system. Oh well.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Motronic posted:

Except it's not.

So I've been schooled. Thanks, I mean it.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

And wasn't it kind of a Mustang thing back then too? It's just more retro stuff.

I guess I'm in the minority then, thinking that the Fusion is a fine looking car. I prefer the Mazda 6, but the Fusion is pretty close behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Failson posted:

The Youabian Puma. At least they only made one. I think.

"No time with cat" please.

A plastic surgeon designed that car, right? And got real pissed off and litigious when people correctly dunked on what an abomination it was.