Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

The Locator posted:

Oh god, the unsprung weight. :staredog:

I can't look at that thing without hearing a loud SNAP in my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

astrollinthepork posted:

Awesome! Thank you!

God help me, I like this and would drive it.

e. minus the silly rear end hood pins.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Zeether posted:

Behold the horror that is Mynheer.

What am I even, what :psyduck:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

echoplex posted:

Speaking of Minis with louvres, this made me laugh:

That is adorable :3:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Zeether posted:

This would be better without the lovely lowering, the blacked out tail lights, the roof rack, the exhaust and the drift charm.

The same can be said about 99% of the 240s in the Seattle area. :smithicide:

Roof racks haven't caught on as much in my area, but there are three 240 sedans in my small neighborhood/development that are so badly riced it makes me sad inside.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

moloo posted:

Are they Volvos? :)

Oh fine coupe :P I ain't good with the words 'nsuch

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Boomerjinks posted:

edit:
Now I know that the "General Grant" is actually a thing.

Never really been a muscle car dude but this is a concept I could get behind.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

LTBS posted:

I think I need to find a 64 Impala, paint it like a battleship and call it the Commodore 64.

This is the best idea I have ever heard.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Absolutely in the wrong thread, that owns.

Cruseydr posted:

Needs to trade wheels with the one I saw:

I've totally seen that car around!

In NW Washington I'm seeing more and more pink rimz on black cars. Is it a thing?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Geirskogul posted:

Ghost in the Shell sticker, fine. Ponies...pushing it, but allowable to a tiny extent. Furry sticker? Burn it to the ground!

Exactly my train of thought.

"Oh cool, Ghost in Th... wait, hold on..."

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Maker Of Shoes posted:

:thejoke:

Here, have a Beetle on a Jeep frame.

http://reading.craigslist.org/cto/3200243316.html

Needs pretty much everything.

You know... fixed up... and done right... I think I could get behind this concept.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

kastein posted:

Spotted on rt20 east at the traffic light for the Home Depot right by 395/290/20 in Auburn MA. Yes, that's either hay or straw in the back seat.

Had you not said Auburn MA, I would've guessed Salem, OR.

Because a rattle-canned beater with a bale of hay in the back would fit in perfectly well there.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Johnny Mash posted:

It appears fiendishly anxious for that next taste of it.

My thoughts exactly, I love it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Preoptopus posted:

I dont know why but it reminds me of when Lamborghini designed the Intrepid.
Ahh the Chrysler days. :allears:

The sci fi dork in me really fuckin loves this car, except the headlights

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

VCR 2.0 posted:

Oh god there's a 370z that rolls around my city with those rims, it's the worst. At least it kinda makes sense on that SUV. Still ugly as poo poo though.

Does it roll, or does it lurch/lumber around? Every time I see those I imagine the wheel going oval-shaped.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Gorilla Salad posted:

Camping rocks :argh:

Of course, camping is a lot more fun if you get to do it in something like this:

Oh my god I want this so much it hurts

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I want to push it over.

I would assume cornering at greater than 2 mph would do the trick? That looks like quite a narrow wheel base for such a tall vehicle, but it could just be me.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Tusen Takk posted:

Like my new paint job?

:kimchi:

Speeeeeaking of Trapper Keepers...

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ahahaha I love this

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
So that's a thing now, is it?

Those type of wheels give the Camaro such a... weird looking appearance.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Poing posted:

It's like a weird 944..

My thoughts exactly, and the more I look at that front end, the less sense it makes. :psyduck:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Well that's just about perfect. :golfclap:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Safety Dance posted:

A marathon is 26.2 miles. A half-marathon is 13.1.

So that's what that means! :doh:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I'm legit sad that the election is over because boy howdy did it lead to some hilariously bad bumper stickers, made the drive to/from work a little more amusing seeing lifted hick trucks with a dozen gently caress YOU OBUMMER stickers plastered on the rear end end

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

trouser chili posted:

This is it, the search is over. This truly is the worst thing that can be done to a Miata.

Click the image above for a whole album! See how far you can make it without giving in to the desire to drink yourself blind drunk.

Madre la dios :stare:

Are you happy with what you've found, thread, are you happy

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
All that fuckin picture is missing is the I.AM.AUTO watermark in the corner

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

kastein posted:

Can't decide if this is an awesome car thing (because one dumbshit diesel pickup bro gets dragged everywhere) or a terrible car thing (because the other one now feels like king poo poo) but I think the whole concept belongs here. Also, it's a facebook video so good luck getting it to embed anywhere that doesn't allow HTML.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=536181529725823

It's like being back home in Oregon :allears:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

IOwnCalculus posted:

The Mazda3 (in fact, most Mazdas these days?) is permanently lit - brightly in the day, and it's supposed to dim at night. One would think that getting near blinded by your gauge cluster at night would be an indicator that your lights aren't on, but who knows.

I think my CX-5 gauges are permanently lit, but then again, while it does not have automatic headlights [the one thing I miss from the Grand Prix] it also turns off the headlights automatically after 15 seconds of the car being off. I turned the headlights on when I bought it, have never turned them off since, and I don't even have to think about it! Thanks Mazda!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

shoopeach posted:

they didnt even drive mine, just plugged in the OBD2, checked for faults and then print sticker.

Pretty much all Washington does, too.

e. well they checked my lights too, that's something

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

But... wait... why... how... :psyduck:

e. nevermind, :downs: is better

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Geirskogul posted:

From the first minute, nay, second one of riding a motorcycle, my biggest fear has been everyone else on the road, for the reasons you describe.

Exactly why I will never consider owning a motorcycle in Washington. gently caress that. They tried to kill me enough times in my giant [silver :v:] boat car, the last thing I need is to be smaller and more easily killed.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Drunken Lullabies posted:

But really drive down i405, 520, or i5 near Seattle as a passenger and count how many people are on cell phones, or better yet, wearing ear buds or headphones in the car.

This! This poo poo!

Why? I initially assumed "durr can't hook ipod to stereo, will hook head to ipod" but I see this a lot in really nice cars that have to at least have an aux input.

Also, yeah, I'm terrified taking the 5 and 405 to work in the new car. I usually take back highways now. We got some nice slushy hail tonight, and god only knows what that made people do. This is the northwest, yet without fail, my commute time is doubled/tripled on the first day we get real nasty weather in the year. These idiots should know by now how to work with a little snow, then again even rain seems to give them problems. Rain! In Washington!

e. Oh, and the fun of dealing with ricers on the stretch between Lynnwood and north Seattle [usually up to the Convention Center overpass thingy] on the 5. Every loving friday/saturday night, driving to/from the city, there's a few of them racing or just generally being retarded.

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 10, 2013

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Oh I dunno I think it's kinda neat, the pink mirrors are kind of weird th

quote:

what

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

enojy posted:

The new Corvette pictures are out... is it still terrible-car-stuff thread worthy? I still hate the rear end in the same way I still hate the new(ish) Camaro rear end. Black roof is unnecessary. The profile view is pretty sexy.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrolet/2014-corvette-stingray-ar143810.html

Wow, surprisingly nonterrible. I don't particularly want one, but that's a huge improvement to me over previous generations. I've never particularly liked Corvettes, but that's got some nice lines I think.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Ahahaha at first glance I thought that was attached to the rear bumper of the car in front :v:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I like how they did the exhaust ports on that truck, does that make me a bad person?

And yeah I could've done without the lights over the bumper, but I like it otherwise

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

DJ Commie posted:

Unibodies can't really be cut up like that, they won't deform correctly in the second accident, and grinding welds removes a lot of the strength. It'd fold like a can, probably tear apart rather than just deforming.

Wanna see that accident. Of course I don't want people to get hurt, though, so maybe on a crash test site or something. Because that sounds awesome.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Hello Spaceman posted:

Here have a Forduar S150

I don't... I can't... really bring myself to hate this. It looks pretty cleanly done, anyway.

That front on that body is really weird though.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

West SAAB Story posted:

Plastic surgery isn't always the best option..

That is absolutely perfect.

My god, that's ugly. Like personal taste blah blah but... but that. What on earth motivated someone to do that to an FD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Godholio posted:

Too bad whoever rebuilt the front end didn't give a poo poo.

This, and I'm iffy on the hood and wheels, but honestly I dig it, and I vote wrong thread too. :colbert: