Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Boomerjinks posted:

Don't put a smug face next to current fuel prices, don't ever put a smug face next to current fuel prices!

That's exactly how they want us to think! :tinfoil:

Late 2001 - Early 2002. I paid 79¢ in south Texas, and my kids are going to drat well hear about filling up for a twenty with enough left over for a six pack and smokes. NEVER FORGET :911:

(don't smoke, and I was underage, but who's counting)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Misplaced Yankee posted:

I received one of the best notes in my life outside of a Kmart parking lot from a car diagonally parked. The rear end in a top hat parked in three spaces up near the front. So I parked on top of him, boxing his drivers side door in. I took a quick picture of his license plate and parking job for "if the enraged new owner of a Camaro attacks" and went it. It was like a five paragraph rant on the back of a McDonald's receipt. It was awesome.

I used to pull this all the time when I rode my motorcycle all the time with people that would take up two spots. Amazingly I never had it pushed over.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Aurune posted:

Worse than that. They're not the guys from the show. Which is what I thought at first. I was going to get a ironic picture and autograph. This is just some local big foot hunter society.

My excuse to take awesome camping trips.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Frozen-Solid posted:

God those things are hideous. I assumed they looked so bad because they were on a raised Monte Carlo and it just looked wrong as gently caress, but no they really do look that bad on every car they're put on.

I don't see much of car culture in small town Central IL. The only things we have are Route 66 festivals, which tend to be cars that are properly restored and belong in the good thread.

Though this was at a car show recently:

This is no joke, my high school dream car.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I want a Corvette.

Going to get that paint job and do donuts in my old high school parking lot while blasting born in the usa.

EDIT:I forgot, I'm in texas so blasting music from someone from new jersey is a bad form.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 9, 2012

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Throatwarbler posted:

They're fairly common in Mexico, it could just be the car of a Mexican national working in the US, not common but not implausible.

I've seen a Ka here in Texas. Didn't have american plates though.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

JP Money posted:

I guess noone remembers the mad tyte miata :-(

I remember. I will always remember.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I would dent my own van and then pull it in front of customers to demonstrate my skills.

I did some software development for a PDR network back in college. Whenever we had prospective clients fly in, our standard operating procedure was to dent the hell out of their (rental) car, and have one of our network PDR guys come by and work his magic during the meeting.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I'm not even sure that would fly in Texas.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Astroman posted:

Ditto.

Also Signed,
The AI Cadillac Thread

Every day the 80s-present segment doesn't get posted, a DeVille gets it's fins clipped.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Fucknag posted:

:psypop: Someone paid eighteen thousand dollars for that kit?!?!

Small price to pay for flip up headlights.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Bob Lutz fixed the Fisker.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/first-looks/destino-bob-lutz-corvette-powered-fisker-karma

EDIT: V8 Fisker is not terrible, I was just adding to fisker chat.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 1, 2013

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

G-Mach posted:

I want more 60/70s MOPAR car colors on current cars.

I think the world would be a better place.

What's the point? Just paint everything Rallye Red and call it a day.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Telven posted:

Can somebody explain this?

I thought Sinclair was out of business, all the Sinclairs in Texas are now BBQ restaurants or veritable ruins.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Geirskogul posted:

Idaho is full of Sinclair stations :eng99:

What's left of Sinclair in Texas. Get the brisket or pulled pork. God I'm hungry now.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

bennyfactor posted:

Sorry the image is a bit poo poo, I took it from inside my mail truck which is itself pretty terrible car stuff. The cab of this truck is two E-150 cabins married together at the b-pillar, and the front cabin appeared to have been from an ambulance (red and white lights at the side marker). I guess that's one way to get a quad cab.

:siren:Suicide Doors!:siren:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Kids from the 90s can drive now??!!??

EDIT: Way more :corsair: when I stop and realize that Nevermind came out 22 years ago.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jun 24, 2013

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I've only got one thing to say, with age comes wisdom. Those who won't be able to remember Kris Kross are doomed to wear their clothes backwards again.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

some texas redneck posted:

They're far from the only exotic rental company in DFW.

e: looks like DFW Elite Auto Rental is the same company as DFW Drive Your Dream.

poo poo I've been meaning to drive over there to rent their Isetta for a few years now :(

http://dfweliteautorental.com/cars/red-1959-bmw-isetta

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

You Am I posted:

How many US Police Departments are running the new Caprice?

My neighbor has a unmarked one the department lets him take home. SO JEALOUS.

EDIT: It's sad, but I never realized he was a cop until the Caprice showed up.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Octopus Magic posted:

I'd put KISS in the same musical talent pool as Nickleback. :colbert:

How dare you.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

This complex seems to be a goldmine

RIP :(

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Good Job guy. A+

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Tactical Bonnet posted:

I'm going to go ahead and be the guy that says it's okay to do that with a nice car at the rear end end of the (almost empty) parking lot, and double parking is one of the things that irrationally infuriates me the most.

I had someone describe their Honda Civic EX as a nice car. So I don't think that metric works.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

No grateful dead sticker, no sale. :colbert:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Geirskogul posted:

You're missing that there are six total wheels on the thing, and one is on the tailgate.

poo poo man, gently caress.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Personally I think van art is the last honest form of artistic expression left.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I'd love to roll in to work in that thing. Really cultivating my 'trailer park with a job' image.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

When I was in high school I could fill up my car with a jackson and have enough left over for a pack of smokes and a six pack.

(seriously, I saw .79 cents a gallon in 2001. Also seriously, don't drink or smoke under 21, kids)

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I remember .79 cents in 1997, was it really that cheap in '01? drat.

drat straight, out in the sticks east of San Antonio at least. If I ever have kids they'll never hear the end of it.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

My opinion is people get the deal they deserve. If they leave money on the table, that's just the price of insecurity/poor negotiation skills/etc.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

ahhh to be young again. :allears:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Texas License plate. If you're 20miles outside a metropolitan area, don't assume anything.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

This is in a metro area and why would that preclude grossness?

Outside the metro areas (I'm looking at you San Antonio), even non-gross women might be driving something like that. Granted they might also raise hogs for show at the county fair, but hey, what are you going to do?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

My former cycle asylum days tells me that man is living the dream I had when I was 24.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

JaysonAych posted:

They were originally made in Japan, but shifted over to the US for the last couple of model years.

Since like '03

edit: Doh

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 2, 2014

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

You can really tell who's been to the track and who hasn't imho

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

xzzy posted:

Before you sign any document with a dealer, make sure to add to the agreement that no badges or stickers will be affixed to your new car. Or at the very least get them to agree to pay for the removal and eat any costs related to paint repairs. Failing that, see if they'll knock a couple thousand off the price to pay for the advertising.

As for putting on a sticker when taking routine maintenance, I'd blow a gasket if anyone did that to me.

I saw this one backfire, some dude bought a Prius and wanted the decals removed, which they did. However the idiot that did it removed all the decals, including the CARB HOV Access stickers.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

leica posted:

Best way to kill black widows is with fire. I use long lighters just for this purpose.

Upside down computer dusters work too, but with cold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Lamborghinis are like worms you see