Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
So Shovels and Rope have a new album coming out, called 'Swimmin' Time'. They've released a video of one of the tracks off it, 'The Devil Is All Around', which you can view here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1n7FAsiezo

Sounding good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

nate fisher posted:

- the soundtrack to Broken Circle Breakdown

Just wanted to say that I listened to this soundtrack. Loved it. Watched the film. Cried like a god damned child.

Holy poo poo.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

mennoknight posted:

Seriously, if anyone isn't listening to this daily they need to check their head.

Both his records are brilliant. Hopefully seeing him in Glasgow in October...

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I actually prefer his first album to the second, theyre both great though.

Yeah, I know where you're coming from. Life Ain't Fair and the World is Mean, and You Can Have the Crown are staples of my Open Mic repertoire.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I have to say, one of the coolest and weirdest experiences in my life was going to a bluegrass festival in the Netherlands. Basically a bunch of weird European hipsters cosplaying as rednecks, but hell it was a lot of fun.

Out of interest, what festival was this? Would you recommend it again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

Can anyone reccomend some stuff similar to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE79bGx_x4I&t=20s

It's been mentioned a couple of times before, but the soundtrack to the Broken Circle Breakdown is probably up your street if you're looking for more of that.