Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Andy Irvine and Donal Lunny have a new album with the fella from Bothy Band and it's great. Listen to Usher's Island. Not much on youtube so far but it's on Amazon music and it might be on Spotify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Chris Thile has a new album coming out and I'm very excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX3wy3MPmco

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Hey guys, I'd like to ask for some song recommendations. Specifically, my band the Lost Highway Ensemble will be playing at Glasgow's Grand Ole Opry next month, and while we're mostly a Bill Monroe/Louvin Brothers type bluegrass outfit, that particular venue seems to cater more towards a country western style and we'd like to avoid a Blues Brothers type scene with angry Glaswegians instead of hicks. So what I'm looking for is danceable country western songs from the 1930s-50s that would suit a five piece with banjo, mandolin, fiddle, guitar, and double bass. Anything at all is helpful. Thanks so much!

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Blood On The Tracks, for sure