Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I saw an Austin City Limits rerun on PBS last night, with Margo Price (I love her so much) and a singer-songwriter named Hayes Carll, who I was unfamiliar with, but he was terrific. His songs reminded me a lot of Tom Waits' 1970s material, which I mean as a major compliment.

I also just discovered masked and mysterious Canadian country crooner Orville Peck, who looks like an obscure Golden Age cowboy-superhero and sounds like he belongs on a David Lynch soundtrack. Here's "Dead of Night":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3esGD6lcMM

orville peck is one of like three queer country artists I'm aware of and I'd really be thrilled if y'all know any others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Hoping to in September!

same

e: dammit i couldn't get tickets until i got my commission check today, and now literally every show in the northeast us is sold out

InediblePenguin fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 19, 2019

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

his referencing of overt queer-history imagery is so refreshing that i really, really loving hope he shows up in his second album

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

they honestly don't even sound alike to me so idk

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Happy Hippo posted:

Chris Gaines owns son

Garth in the streets
Gaines in the sheets
:cool:

yeah idk if it's an unpopular opinion (probably?) but i liked the Chris Gaines music when it came out even if the gimmick was a little cringe

I mean i haven't heard it in years but i remember liking it when i was in high school